Questions about Princess Margriet's Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genevieve

Courtier
City
Toronto
Country
Canada
I am wondering if anyone can tell me something about Princess Margriet's daughter in laws Marilene and Annette, and her 2 potential other daughter in laws, the girlfriends of Floris and Pieter-Christiaan?

I am most interested in what kind of education they had, jobs or careers before getting married, and about their families. I think Marilene has a sister who has a child around Anna or Lucas's age?

Marilène

father: Henri (Hans) van den Broek (Minister for Foreign Affairs)

mother: Josephine Adriana Antoinette van Schendel

sister named Caroline van Weede-van den Broek, she has got three sons:

Jonkheer Olivier van Weede
Jonkheer Wouter Steven van Weede - 2001, April 08th/Prague
Jonkheer Philip Rudolph Henri van Weede - 2002, October 12th/Prague

and is married with Jonkheer Willem Theodoor van Weede

about her education you can read here:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/UK/royal_hous...esmarilene.html

Annette

father: Ulrich Adriaan Sekrève - 30.08.1946/Gravenhage

mother: Jolanda C. de Haan

her parents married 1971, October 23rd and are divorced

sisters named Marjolein and José

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/UK/royal_hous...sesannette.html

Question- Princess Margriet's Children

Forgive my obvious lack of expertise when it comes to Princess Margriet and her family, but, I have a question regarding her children's titles. Why are Floris, Pieter-Christiaan, Maurits, and Bernhard Jr. all titled Prince of Oranje-Nassau?

I know Princess Irene's children are Prince/Princess of Bourbon de Parma, and I'm assuming that Princess Christina's children don't have titles because she married a Roman Catholic [correct me if I'm wrong]. Still, why would Margiet's children get titles? I thought that titles like that are usually passed on through the father, not the mother [for example, Princess Martha-Louise's daughter is just Maud Angelica Behn, not Princess Maud of Norway, and the Infantas Elena and Cristina's children have no titles either].
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.
-Kara-

I am not sure about the rights being passed on through the father's side in this case, but I think Princess Margriet's children likely got titles because she sought government permission. Maybe if Princess Christina hadn't married a Roman Catholic, her children would have similar titles too. But I'm not really sure.

suturegeisha said:
Forgive my obvious lack of expertise when it comes to Princess Margriet and her family, but, I have a question regarding her children's titles. Why are Floris, Pieter-Christiaan, Maurits, and Bernhard Jr. all titled Prince of Oranje-Nassau?

I know Princess Irene's children are Prince/Princess of Bourbon de Parma, and I'm assuming that Princess Christina's children don't have titles because she married a Roman Catholic [correct me if I'm wrong]. Still, why would Margiet's children get titles? I thought that titles like that are usually passed on through the father, not the mother [for example, Princess Martha-Louise's daughter is just Maud Angelica Behn, not Princess Maud of Norway, and the Infantas Elena and Cristina's children have no titles either].
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.
-Kara-
Princess Margriet married with Parliamentary approval and by royal decree her children became HH Prince of Oranje-Nassau.
Religion isn't a factor but parliamentary approval. If Princess Irene and Princess Christina got parliamentary approval for their marriages their children would probably have the same titles of Princess Margriet's children.

Are Annette's parents divorced? They look quite together in some of the civil and religious wedding photos.

They are divorced and both have other partners, but they appeared together at the wedding (like Letizia's parents for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom