Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven, Current Events 3 (Dec 2008-Mar 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Margriet has inaugurated the new townhall of Midden-Delftland today, February 7, 2013. Her husband had been scheduled to perform the inauguration, but he is ill and had to cancel the event.

** ppe gallery **

The Princess will probably step in for her hubby today too as he is scheduled to handout diploma's to 7 members of the Voluntary Fire Corps at the Safety Trainings Center in Tilburg.mr.Pieter is still in the Utrecht University Medical Center for heart tests.

Due to the beginning pneumonia..again...and also due to cardiac related health problem Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven will undergo tests at the Utrecht University Medical Center this week.

Wish him well!!

Due to his heart problems mr.Pieter underwent surgery this morning,the operation went well and he had a defribilator inplant.It is expected he can be discharged today too.

Hope it works for him!!:)

Is Prof Pieter still recovering from pneumonia/heart problems or is he out and about again?

Princess Margriet has opened ''Artis in Bloei'' on the occasion of the 175th anniversary of the Artis Zoo in Amsterdam, today, March 27. Margriet baptized a special anniversary tulip named ''Natura Artis Magistra''.

** ppe gallery *

Pieter van Vollenhoven had to stand in for his wife today as she has the flue.
He visited the Burger's Zoo in Arnhem on occasion of its 100th anniversary.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

Newspaper 'Telegraaf' has a big article today about tax avoidance of princess Margriet and her husband.

Prinses Margriet ontwijkt belasting - Binnenland | Het laatste nieuws uit Nederland leest u op Telegraaf.nl [binnenland]

The couple started the foundation 'Royale' in December 2006 to evade succession tax after their death (which is 20% for a child and 36% for a grandchild). The construction by the ABN AMRO bank is legal, but it still doesn't leave a good impression.

Margriet en Pieter omzeilen belasting - Binnenland - VK

Note that I did not read the complete article (which is only in the printed edition), so I don't know what evidence they have to support their claims.

Last edited:
If what they are doing is good accounting and is legal, then many many MANY (probably all) wealthy people in Holland and most other countries would do exactly the same.....

I would do whatever I could to protect my wealth. Who would not do so?

Cant understand why people see this and are "shocked". No one gives money to the tax man with a huge smile - NO ONE DOES!!! We all try legally to avoid tax, and to claim as much as is legal and to arrange our affairs to keep as much as we can for when we do die our family can inherit it.

Sure and while the rich avoid paying taxes over their fortunes, they leave it to the middle class to actually pay. This procedure may be legal but IMHO it is unethical, esp. for a member of the royal house. It clearly is a loophole in the laws, but it is certainly not the intention of the state that millionaires can evade paying taxes. That they find legal ways to evade it doesn't make it right.

Last edited:
Just in time for the Abdication and Enthronement,I hope this won't cause too much of a scandal!

It won't overshadow the proceedings for sure. When the foundations of the Bourbon-Parma's and princess Christina were found out the public reacion was negative but it didn't have any impact on the popularity of the monarchy, since they are far removed from the throne and the whole thing was legal too. Although Pieter and Margriet are well known (and well liked), little they do will impact the stability of the institute.

It just comes in handy for those who are already nagging about the costs of the inauguration & the monarchy at the costs of the proverbial 'hard working and long suffering' Dutch tax payer.

Last edited:
It won't overshadow the proceedings for sure. When the foundations of the Bourbon-Parma's and princess Christina were found out the public reacion was negative but it didn't have any impact on the popularity of the monarchy, since they are far removed from the throne and the whole thing was legal too. Although Pieter and Margriet are well known (and well liked), little they do will impact the stability of the institute.

It just comes in handy for those who are already nagging about the costs of the inauguration & the monarchy at the costs of the proverbial 'hard working and long suffering' Dutch tax payer.

Oh..you know,it's not as if they've done anything outside the lines...At all!It's all within the package at the Bank,or at least it was...So,they were quite right to stash it as they did...i would have done the same,and so would everybody else...Provided they had these funds at their disposal.

Oh,and on the costs of the 30th...What about the multiple revenues that will flow in from all of it and the spin-off for a long while to come...It is peanuts..

And those hardworking dutch tax-sufferers..I don't hear them complain with every damn football game in need of extra security costing multiple 6 zero numbers time and time again...in one month...This,april 30th..Is just once in every 3 to 4 decades...Deo Volente...So..ignore...give them bread and beer...Really...nah...nothing much changed since the Romans...:whistling::D

Last edited:
Someone would have to be a fool, regardless of their financial status, to not arrange their affairs in such a way as to ensure the government legally received as little of their money as possible both during their life and afterwards.

:previous: Yup. Even the Queen Mother did it (set up trust funds) for all her great-grandchildren to avoid inheritance tax. Why to make a big issue for the poor princess and professor. The "side-kick" royals should always worry about securing a good future for their families.
That said, I personally hate draining my money to fund some lazy people lying around on welfare funds their entire lives.

Last edited:
Why make an issue? Because they avoid paying taxes which are paid by a vast majority of our countrymen. Save a few millionaires who lack the decency to pay their part, by using srewd lawyers/financial constructions etc. And most countrymen who DO pay their taxes need the money harder than the royals or other millionaires do. Especially in the case of the RF, who has been funded by the Dutch taxpayer for centuries, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Only a few days ago newspaper 'Trouw' published information about the so-called 'off shore leaks' and promised to mention names at a later date when they finish their research.

The princess and professor will have enough credits not to be too much damaged by this. But the next time they talk about solidarity, caring for others etc. I am sure many will see the irony of it.

Last edited:

Ah that's good to know,I didn't know about the Bourbon-Parma's and princess Christina foundations,but I'll look them up tomorrow.

Why make an issue? Because they avoid paying taxes which are paid by a vast majority of our countrymen. Save a few millionaires who lack the decency to pay their part, by using srewd lawyers/financial constructions etc. And most countrymen who DO pay their taxes need the money harder than the royals or other millionaires do. Especially in the case of the RF, who has been funded by the Dutch taxpayer for centuries, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Only a few days ago newspaper 'Trouw' published information about the so-called 'off shore leaks' and promised to mention names at a later date when they finish their research.

The princess and professor will have enough credits not to be too much damaged by this. But the next time they talk about solidarity, caring for others etc. I am sure many will see the irony of it.

The one has nothing to do with the other,And,taxes have been payed as is usual,They,Margriet and Pieter payed what was due over their funds,but...in regard to inheritance tax there was this totally legal product by a totally legal AMRO Bank and what fool wouldn't make use of it I wonder...You would too,provided that you had it...Their sense of solidarity and care is not at stake nor ever will be,at all.A totally different issue and they've proven they're moneys worth more then once,more then a starting would be politician can ever get his hands around...

And the article you mention,the constructions by a majority of the millionaires globally...many of them being the nouveau plebs they are....I'd say do away with these so-called tax havens...But then we here would get under attack too...We still have,totally legal,exemptions and so it happens to be that many many multi-nationals and other world renowned companies have their HQ's here...in The Netherlands...Paper HQ's though...to avoid paying taxes as much as possible elsewhere,especially in their country of origin...BBC World for example...oh it's not London as their base,it's at the Prins Bernhard Square right here in Amsterdam..along with other impressive names they have their tax haven here,with us...So,before pointing any finger anywhere...use it to scratch your head first and say: oh yeah...:flowers:

Last edited:
First i heard about it was here on this forum, it's not in the news in other media in the NL, only royal news is Queen Beatrix opening the Rijksmuseum and teasers on the upcoming interview with WA and Maxima (who apparently don't care what they are addresses as :) )

so, no biggie...

Princess Margriet has launched the Oranjefietsroute at the Warmelo estate in Diepenheim today, April 25, 2013. The 230 kilometer cycling route leads through the cities Apeldoorn, Bad Bentheim, Lingen and Diepenheim.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

I wonder if Princess Margriet will continue to have such a high profile after the abdication or will the Princess reduce her schedule/public duties?

As long as her health allows it I am sure that she will be having the occasional public duty, as is the case now. I don't expect her to attend Queensday or Prinsjesdag anymore though. Constantijn and Laurentien will have no time to be as active as she and her husband have been, since they decided to keep their regular jobs.

As long as her health allows it I am sure that she will be having the occasional public duty, as is the case now. I don't expect her to attend Queensday or Prinsjesdag anymore though. Constantijn and Laurentien will have no time to be as active as she and her husband have been, since they decided to keep their regular jobs.

I hadn't thought about Prinsjesdag,we'll have to wait and see what happens this September.

Princess Margriet has met with Abdul Rahman Attar, President of the Syrian Red Cross and Syrian volunteers at the Red Cross office in Den Haag today, June 7.

Lovely pics of a charming, laughing Margriet:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Princess Margriet has handed out the Princess Margriet award in Utrecht today, June 11, 2013. The award is given to professionals who contribute in a creative and innovative way to the quality of care.

** ppe gallery **

Princess Margriet and Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven have opened the re-newed Park Berg and Bos in Apeldoorn on September 21, 2013:

** ppe gallery **

Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven has received the first copy of the book "Eastern Front Fortress Holland" in Weesp today, September 25. The book was written by historian Freek Schlingmann who discovered that Peter's father as a reserve officer and commander played an important role in the special defense of the waterline.

** Pic **

** dpp gallery: Pieter van Vollenhoven receive book Oostfront Vesting Holland **

** weespernieuws.nl: Van Vollenhoven in Weesp voor presentatie boek ** translation **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom