Princess Margriet & Canada

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popsicle

Commoner
City
New York
Country
United States
but the government changed the nationality of the hospital room or something??

Well one of the dutch princesses (i believe margarete) was born in Canada during WWII.

That would be Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, the sister of Queen Beatrix. The Princess was born in Ottawa, Ontario, where the family had been living since June 1940 after the German occupation of the Netherlands. The Ottawa Civic Hospital on which Princess Margriet was born were placed temporarily outside the jurisdiction of Canadian law so that she would have exclusively Dutch, and not dual, nationality.

there was also the crown prince of yugoslavia. the hotel that his parents were staying in was changed so he could be born there. i believe the hotel was in the united states.

lamass said:
there was also the crown prince of yugoslavia. the hotel that his parents were staying in was changed so he could be born there. i believe the hotel was in the united states.

Crown Prince Alexander was born in London,UK.Same procedure was granted by PM Winston Churchill for the occasion,as was the case in Canada for the birth of Princess Margriet.

Princess Margriet was born in Canada and due to that she has a special connection to the country. She visits it quite frequently, meets Canadian war veterans etc.

----
A documentairy of Princess Magriet's early years in Canada, showing where she was born. One of the people talking is Renee Smith-Roell, one of the best friends of Queen Beatrix:

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - De eerste jaren van prinses Margriet in Canada

Back
Top Bottom