Princess Anita Expecting 1st Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that great news for couples but im happy for both to have baby but its would have boom baby of dutch im tell you about that

Congratulations to Anita & Pieter-Christiaan!! :)
There must be something in the water in the Netherlands!

Wow, ANOTHER Dutch baby on the way.

Congratulations!!

Avalon said:
That's great news! Congratulations to Princess Anita and prince Pieter - Christiaan. :) :) :)
The Dutch Royals do seem to have a baby-boom year, don't they? Now, it's only Princess Maxima, who must announce her third pregnancy and we'll have the full set. :D

It would be good if Princess Aimee and Prince Floris could also announce that they are also going to add to the Dutch Baby Boom as well:) BINGO:D

Scott

Lila Rose said:
Congratulations to Anita and Pieter-Christiaan !

So now , it must be a girl since every single member of the dutch royal family has a girl as first child :)

Maurits = Anna
Bernard Jr = Isabella
Constantijn= Eloise
W-A= Amalia
Friso= Luana
Pieter-Christiaan = ?

Margriet & Pieter must be happy with girls after having had 4 sons.
Of course the Queen had three sons diddn't she.? I wonder if Mabel will produce a son this time.
Queen Julianna had four daughters!
Oh well I guess the girls are back in favour in the Dutch Royal Family & House

Anyway, wonderful news from Anita and PC

Scott

Congratulations to the couple. :) I wonder what gender ofa baby will be. I have feeling it will be another girl for Dutch royal family.:)

Last edited:
Alexandria said:
What great news! :) My disappointment in not seeing Anita at Queensday earlier this year has been appeased that she was probably just experiencing morning sickness.

Here is where I will dampen the happy news with a technical question: I wonder why the RVD announced the news? I thought that since Pieter-Christiaan and Anita didn't seek permission for their marriage it meant that they were no longer under the umbrella of the Dutch royal court, even as the nephew of the Queen and the son and daughter-in-law of Princess Margriet. And that potentially, like Johan Friso and Mabel, they could choose to announce the news or share pictures as they wished but that it was not "required" or expected in the way pictures of Leonore were by the public since Constantijn is still in line to the throne.

There seems to be some great confusion in the Dutch royal court about who is part of their umbrella and whether the family members "on the fray" are part of court representation or not. For example, although it was a lovely surprise this year, technically should Johan Friso, Mabel, Pieter-Christiaan, Floris and Aimee not have been part of this year's Queensday? Or should Mabel's second pregnancy not have been announced by the RVD either?

In Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's case, will we get to see an official picture of their son or daughter when she is born? Will they be required to release a picture and information about her as Constantijn and Laurentien did with Leonore?

Great questions indeed, Alexandria! Technically you're absolutely right, there is no reason for either Friso and his family, nor for the various sons of Margriet who are not officially part anymore of the Dutch Royal House, to announce any news regarding their private lives , or anything else for that matter, through the official DRF spokesmachine, the RVD.

But..they're all still part of the Dutch Royal <family>, they're all still the beloved Queen Juliana's grand kids. Especially in the perception older Dutch generations, Friso as well as Margriet's sons, again, all grandsons of Juliana, just belong to the family, period. The RVD is well aware of this, and realizes that people are ever interested in "where are they now" types of updates, especially on milestones and turning points like births, weddings, etc.

Congratulations to the couple! :) I hope Anita has a safe and wonderful pregnancy! This really is the D.B.B. (Dutch Baby Boom! :D). I wonder what gender their child will be???

Congratulations to the couple, talk about a baby boom.

Congratulations to the couple :)

Congrats to PC and Anita! That makes 3 babies for the DRF this year!

princess olga said:
But..they're all still part of the Dutch Royal <family>, they're all still the beloved Queen Juliana's grand kids. Especially in the perception older Dutch generations, Friso as well as Margriet's sons, again, all grandsons of Juliana, just belong to the family, period.
In other royal families they distinguish between being part of the royal family and being part of the King or Queen's family. For example, in Spain, Felipe, Letizia, Leonor, Elena, Jaime, Cristina, Inaki (and by extension to some degree their children) are considered to be part of the royal family as they carry out roual duties and have titles. However, the King's sisters and their kids, are considered part of the King's family which is separate from the Spanish royal court. The Spanish royal court would announce pregnancies or personal news related to the King's children, but would not announce personal news of the King's nephews or nieces. For weeks it was left up to speculation whether one of the King's nephew's wive's had had her baby yet.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hearing news about the Dutch royal family very much and like seeing them out and about, but I think the RVD pays special privileges to Johan Friso and Mabel, and Margriet's two youngest sons and their wives. We don't hear any official announcements about Irene or Christina's children or their attendances at Queensday. And we don't hear about them having special parking priviliges, which was discussed here a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
This is lovely news. Congrats to the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins.

Alexandria said:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hearing news about the Dutch royal family very much and like seeing them out and about, but I think the RVD pays special privileges to Johan Friso and Mabel, and Margriet's two youngest sons and their wives. We don't hear any official announcements about Irene or Christina's children or their attendances at Queensday. And we don't hear about them having special parking priviliges, which was discussed here a few weeks ago.
Completely agree with you--I think thiswill all be solved when Alexander becomes king, which, off topic, I hope is at least still a decade away, what with my hunch we haven't even seen the best of Beatrix yet!

Congratulations for prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita!

The Dutch Royal Family has experienced a tremendous growth spurt in the past few years. How wonderful!

Congratulations to the happy couple! They will make wonderful parents, I'm sure.
Now, if only Aimee and Floris would have an announcement for us......

Congratulations to the proud parents to be!!

With child

Prinses Anita's Baby:In that Hoping that boy or girl see the light of the day.

Love Terrance

I add to congratulations!
It is wonderful news!!!!!
I feel it will be a girl...
Now Floris and Aimee have to make same announcement too...We'll be waiting. And it seems Maxima and Willem Alexander will have some happy news too.

queenofcelts said:
I add to congratulations!
It is wonderful news!!!!!
I feel it will be a girl...
Gosh let's hope not! ;) Would be nice to add another boy to the Oranje fold I think.
queenofcelts said:
And it seems Maxima and Willem Alexander will have some happy news too.
And you base that on..? :confused:

:flowers:
Do you know when she is due?
I wish it would be a baby girl again!
I really this couple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom