Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Princess Anita and Family, News Part 1 (Feb 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Welcome to the first (of many!) News and Picture threads on Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita van Eijk.

A little bit about Anita, courtesy of the Benelux Royals MB:
Anita Theodora van Eijk is the second daughter of ir. (engineer) L.A. van Eijk and Mrs J.C.M. van Eijk-Steens. Anita van Eijk was born on 27 October 1969 at Neuchâtel (Switzerland). She has an elder sister Caroline; her younger brother died when she was sixteen. She followed secondary school in Singapore and the Netherlands. Anita van Eijk got her international Baccalaureate at the Rijnlands Lyceum in Oegstgeest. In 1990 she started studying English language and literature at the University of Leiden. After her propaedeutics she started the study communication science at the University of Amsterdam where she graduated in 1996. In 1997 Anita van Eijk started working for Bloomberg in Amsterdam and was sent to London where she worked at the department Sales/Marketing and TV production. In London she afterwards worked at Christie's at the marketing department and at JPMorgan in several management functions. Anita van Eijk now establishes herself in the Netherlands as self-employed person.

Attachments

• p-a-2.jpg
    p-a-2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 810
  • p-a-3.jpg
    p-a-3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 712
  • p-a-4.jpg
    p-a-4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 3,445
  • p-a-1.jpg
    p-a-1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 828
  • engagement-1.jpg
    engagement-1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3,512
  • NL-04034.jpg
    NL-04034.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,373
Last edited:
Pictures from ANP

Attachments

• 2534126.jpg
    2534126.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 609
  • 2534135.jpg
    2534135.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 446
  • 2534144.jpg
    2534144.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 612
  • 2534237.jpg
    2534237.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 4,919
  • 2534256.jpg
    2534256.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 629
  • 2534276.jpg
    2534276.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 3,504
Has a date for the wedding been announced?

Caption:
ROTTERDAM, HOLLAND - MARCH 8: Prince Pieter-Christiaan Van Oranje of Holland is seen during the Nominations Announcement for the Laureus World Sports Awards in Portugal 2005 at the Rotterdam Town Hall on March 8, 2005 in Rotterdam, Holland. (Photo by Getty Images for Laureus)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 559

Attachments

• 02-01-78 pieter christian - zell am see.JPG
    02-01-78 pieter christian - zell am see.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,682
Benelux Royals Message Board

HUWELIJK PRINS PIETER CHRISTIAAN MET MEVROUW ANITA VAN EIJK EN HUWELIJK PRINS FLORIS MET MEVROUW AIMEE SÖHNGEN

Zijne Hoogheid Prins Pieter-Christiaan zal op donderdag 25 augustus in Apeldoorn in het huwelijk treden met mevrouw Anita van Eijk. Het kerkelijk huwelijk zal plaatsvinden op zaterdag 27 augustus in Den Haag.

Zijne Hoogheid Prins Floris zal op donderdag 20 oktober in Naarden in het huwelijk treden met mevrouw Aimée Söhngen. Het kerkelijk huwelijk, dat eveneens in Naarden plaatsvindt, is op zaterdag 22 oktober.

so charming

and smiling!

Attachments

• Anita%20v%20Vollenhoven%2030040598.jpg
    Anita%20v%20Vollenhoven%2030040598.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 606
  • Anita%20v%20Vollenhoven%2030405068945.jpg
    Anita%20v%20Vollenhoven%2030405068945.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,006
They do make such a sweet couple.

Here are some photos from June 3rd 2005 when they attended the premier of Cirque du Soleil in Rotterdam.

Attachments

• Anita v Vollenhoven 03060532.jpg
    Anita v Vollenhoven 03060532.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 958
  • Anita v Vollenhoven 040605948.jpg
    Anita v Vollenhoven 040605948.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 640
Thanks for the photos Squidgy. They do make a very sweet couple. I'm excited for their wedding (and Floris and Aimee's as well)!

Will Willem and Maxima attend the wedding?

Will there be any guests from the other European royual families?

I´m really sure that WA and Maxima will attend the wedding.They are close family. I don´t think that other royal families will attend.

Can someone translate that into English, please? It looks like the official schedule for their wedding day, is that correct?

Tina, is the first picture you posted current or is it an older one? I was just wondering if he still competed in marathons.

Didn't Maurits also used to run marathons as well?

Gabriella said:
Tina, is the first picture you posted current or is it an older one? I was just wondering if he still competed in marathons.

Didn't Maurits also used to run marathons as well?

I don't know, how old this picutre is, but I think, he still runs.

Maurits & Marilène run for example in 1997 the New York marathon and both got "running" in their biography at www.koninklijkhuis.nl

There are sometimes pictures of Maurits running at petersmulders.nl, too.

re

Gabriella said:
Can someone translate that into English, please? It looks like the official schedule for their wedding day, is that correct?

Hello, i am new here.

yes, it is the officia schedule

25 augustus: Apeldoorn

13.40 Aankomst van familie en andere genodigden bij Paleis Het Loo.
(= arrival of the family and other invited at Paleis Het Loo)

13.50 Aankomst van het bruidspaar bij Paleis Het Loo.
(= arrival bride and groom)

14.00 Burgerlijk huwelijk in de Audiëntiezaal van Paleis Het Loo.
( = fice wedding at Paleis Het Loo)

14.30 Einde huwelijkssluiting.
( = end of the ceremony)

27 augustus: Noordwijk

14.30 Aankomst van de familie bij het stadhuis van Noordwijk.
(= arrival of the family at city hall)

14.45 Familie gaat te voet vanuit het stadhuis naar de Grote of
St. Jeroenskerk.
( = the family will walk from city hall to the Grote of St. Jeroenschurch)

14.55 Aankomst van het bruidspaar bij de Grote of St. Jeroenskerk.
( = arrival bride and grom at the Grote of St. Jeroenschurch

15.00 Kerkelijke inzegening van het huwelijk in de Grote of
St. Jeroenskerk.
( = religious blessing at the church)

16.30 Einde kerkelijke inzegening.
( = end of the religious blessing)

Thanks Princess Robijn for translating the schedule of the upcoming weekend. Is there any hint of whom Anita has chosen to design her wedding suit or dress? Would she go with one of the designers who have created wedding outfits for the other Dutch princesses? Or will she go with someone new?

re

I haven't heard anything about it.. but this wedding isn't so big in the tabloits as for example the wedding of maxima

Thanks for translating Princess Robijn (& welcome to the Forum :))

I have a few questions too:

What does Anita do for work? (All I have heard is that she is "self employed")

Will she become a princess? (I know that P-C has not asked Parliament for permission to marry & therefore is giving up his right to be in line for the throne - does that mean his bride will NOT be a princess?

Will this wedding be on TV?

Will there be a reception/ball/dance after the wedding?

Thanks for the translation Princess Robijn and welcome! :D

Squidgy said:
Will she become a princess? (I know that P-C has not asked Parliament for permission to marry & therefore is giving up his right to be in line for the throne - does that mean his bride will NOT be a princess?

I could very well be wrong, but I think that after their marriage she will have a courtesy title as the wife of a Prince. Even though he is giving up his right to the throne, Pieter-Christiaan will still be a Prince of Orange-Nassau. So, as a result of her marriage, Annette will be able to use his courtesy title, but will not be a Princess in her own right. The same should apply for Aimee.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the asumption I was under. :)

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=1&story_id=22830&name=Dutch+news+in+brief%2C+16+August+2005

Prince Pieter-Christiaan to marry

Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, if(flashinstalled == 2){document.write(" ");}else{document.write("
rad15E34.gif
");} van Vollenhoven is to marry Anita van Eijk next week. Like his younger brother Floris, who marries Aimée Söhngen in October, the nephew of Queen Beatrix did not seek parliament's permission to marry. Therefore both Pieter-Christiaan and Floris will cease to be viewed as members of the Royal House and they will lose their positions in the list of people with right of succession. This is a mere formality as the brothers would in any event no longer have any claim to the throne once Crown Prince Willem-Alexander becomes King

re

the wedding at the church will be broadcast live.. i am not possitive about the civil wedding (i believe that's how you call it in english)

Back
Top Bottom