Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, Current Events Part 2 (June 2006 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great interview Marengo! I like Maurits all the more because of this interview and how he approaches his "fame" with common sense and humbleness.

What did he do before he had this new business? Was he also in marketing before?

I believe he did marketing as welll, yes. He worked at Philips (electronics), on various departments (consumer electronics was the last one I recall). Before Philips, Maurits also worked for the national airport Schiphol.

There is an small interview with princess Marilene on http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlboulevard/video/ just click on Prinses Marilene. It was been taken yesterday evening; on a special event from the Rijksmuseum. There was one picture in a dutch paper. Btw i think she is wearing the outfit from the baptism of princess Leonore

Happy birthday Lucas , he becomes 4 today !:flowers:

Nice Family. Not only is Maurits good looking but he also has a lot of class.
BTW, is it just me or do all the van Vollenhoven men's wives look very similar? :ermm:

HH Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven and HH Princess Mariléne of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven took their daughter Anna Van Lippe-Biesterfield, Van Vollenhoven and their niece, Isabella Van Vollenhoven too Disneyland Resort Paris.

Privé has pictures..

Last edited:
Princess Robijn said:
Privé has pictures..

here's the cover

prive.nl

Attachments

• Cover43_2006.jpg
    Cover43_2006.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 549
I have the magazine, but I'm not sure if I'm alowed to post it?

Princess Robijn said:
I have the magazine, but I'm not sure if I'm alowed to post it?

and my scanner isn't working at the time :( srry

John-Zwolle posted this link on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]
http://www.vanderwimwuthrich.nl/

if you go to the left and click 'aanbod' and then select the house on 'Palastrinastraat 24' (second house) you will get to see the house of Prince Maurits that is for sale. The furniture is not theirs, as they already moved to another house nearby. For those interested: the price is 1.4 million euros.
[/FONT]

Marengo said:
John-Zwolle posted this link on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]
http://www.vanderwimwuthrich.nl/

if you go to the left and click 'aanbod' and then select the house on 'Palastrinastraat 24' (second house) you will get to see the house of Prince Maurits that is for sale. The furniture is not theirs, as they already moved to another house nearby. For those interested: the price is 1.4 million euros.
[/FONT]
wonderful pictures, thanks! (but the price..are they off their rocker? The Netherlands is starting to resemble San Francisco real estate price-wise!) Why did they move though by the way?

My guess is that they needed a larger place, with 3 children. The site says it has only 2 extra bedrooms and one babyroom, and Felicia won't be a baby forever. Or maybe Marilene got so jealous of the big house that sister-in-law Annette now inhabits that she begged Maurits for a new place ;)

And maybe Maurits inherited an amount of money which enables him to buy something more expensive?
-

I am afraid AMsterdam prices for rent and buy are very much in line with other international cities (except Brussels): skyhigh. A friend of mine is paying 1200 euros a month for a sober two room apartment for example (on the canals, but still).

Marengo said:
My guess is that they needed a larger place, with 3 children. The site says it has only 2 extra bedrooms and one babyroom, and Felicia won't be a baby forever. Or maybe Marilene got so jealous of the big house that sister-in-law Annette now inhabits that she begged Maurits for a new place ;)

And maybe Maurits inherited an amount of money which enables him to buy something more expensive?
-

I am afraid AMsterdam prices for rent and buy are very much in line with other international cities (except Brussels): skyhigh. A friend of mine is paying 1200 euros a month for a sober two room apartment for example (on the canals, but still).
Thanks for the answer. I'm also actually thinking that Maurits maybe needed more room to start his new business (forget what it actually entails, but anyway)

Boulevard magazine story has an article this week on Prince Maurits. The article says that during his time in Amsterdam discotheque Jimmy Woo the prince behaved as a bachelor and not as a married man with 3 children. The magazine has a picture of Maurits and a lady who seem to be standing close but they did not publish it due to the media code. They contacted the RVD about the picture, as according to them this is newsworthy and thus does not fall under that code but they didn't want to take the gamle.

Instead they got an artist to draw what was seen on the picture, very inventive!

The article has reports from two girls wo were at the club and who said that Maurits was flirting etc.
They also stated that he could dance ok but it wasn't that special.

Marengo said:
Boulevard magazine story has an article this week on Prince Maurits. The article says that during his time in Amsterdam discotheque Jimmy Woo the prince behaved as a bachelor and not as a married man with 3 children. The magazine has a picture of Maurits and a lady who seem to be standing close but they did not publish it due to the media code. They contacted the RVD about the picture, as according to them this is newsworthy and thus does not fall under that code but they didn't want to take the gamle.

Instead they got an artist to draw what was seen on the picture, very inventive!

The article has reports from two girls wo were at the club and who said that Maurits was flirting etc.
They also stated that he could dance ok but it wasn't that special.

Newsworthy?Really?Those rags just love to dish up more then there was/is,they got to sell copies you know.A little innocent flirting?
So what?He's a looker and he is a Prince,that's enough for many to start drooling both female...and male...As they say,one might get
hungry outside,but they come home for dinner.

Oh my,and he doesn't dance all that great either???Well,that's the end of the House of Orange for sure...

Well, it is rather funny to see what they came up with to evade the media code (the drawing), I laughed my head of. I wonder how much time they lost in coming up with that one...

Anastasia Margriet Joséphine (Anna) van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven celebrates her 6th birthday today.
:)

If you click on the next link,you can see a video of Prince Maurits which was made yesterday morning.. he is leaving afther breakfast with his wife and youngets doughter Felicia.
On the linkpage, you must click on 'Prins Maurits naar de 40'

Video - week 16

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

This week's Margriet (Dutch magazine) carries an interview with Princess Marilène van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, with beautiful photos of her. Very sympathetic interview which shows that Marilène has a busy life combining work and family life. In the interview she also says that she loves her work for the Friends of the Rijkmuseum very much and finds it important that children at an early age come in contact with museums. She doesn't deny that being a princess means that the press is more interested in her than if she wouldn't have married a prince...
wink.gif
(Margriet would probably not have interviewed her so soon.)
She has been busy to co-organize the "Mother!" theme exhibition at the Rijksmusem (with a wink to Dutch Mother's Day on Sunday).
Also a beautiful woman to see...!
If you click on the photo on the left you see the photo enlarged.
http://www.margriet.nl/#
Rijksmuseum Amsterdam - National Museum of Art and History

As posted by Cees on the Benelux Royals MB:

Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène were present at the handing out of the Prix de Rome 2007 Tuesday afternoon in the Rolzaal in The Hague. The Prix de Rome is an award for young artists and architects and was handed out by the Minister of Education, mr. Plasterk (left on the photo).

Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène attended the "Carmen meets Carmen" event at the start of the Robeco Summer concerts at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam last night.
ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.

Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène attended the "Carmen meets Carmen" event at the start of the Robeco Summer concerts at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam last night.
ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.

I must say that Marilene doesn't look good on this photo.

I saw a part of that concert on television. I wonder how one gets the nerve to change such a piece and to create all these unimpressive musical-songs while the original opera is so well-known and liked. Sigh...pure barbarism.
-
Anyway, good to see the royal couple.

I saw a part of that concert on television. I wonder how one gets the nerve to change such a piece and to create all these unimpressive musical-songs while the original opera is so well-known and liked. Sigh...pure barbarism.
-
Anyway, good to see the royal couple.

The nerve is called "Money Money Money" it runs down the spine of some...:ermm:
Wonder what Maurits and Marilène really thought of it..:rolleyes:.or the CdK,Mayor Job Cohen or mrs.Martine van Loon-Labouchère,
who were also in attendance,ao.

Actress Kim van Kooten wrote a Dutch equivalant to the romantic comedy ´Love Actually´, called ´Alles is liefde´ (All is love). In the movie one of the characters is a Prince called Valentijn. According to Kim van Kooten the character is based on Prince Maurits.

Source: SBS shownews

The boulevard press discovered Marilene and Maurits again, they featured in all 4 of them this week. One magazine saying that the couple overcame difficulties and another saying that Marilene is looking full of sorrow as so many women are after her husband and yet another claims that on Friday night the prince partied at Jimmy Woo with 5 blonde ladies.

Back
Top Bottom