The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 12-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
John-Zwolle posted this link on the Benelux Royals MB:


http://www.vanderwimwuthrich.nl/

if you go to the left and click 'aanbod' and then select the house on 'Palastrinastraat 24' (second house) you will get to see the house of Prince Maurits that is for sale. The furniture is not theirs, as they already moved to another house nearby. For those interested: the price is 1.4 million euros.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
John-Zwolle posted this link on the Benelux Royals MB:


http://www.vanderwimwuthrich.nl/

if you go to the left and click 'aanbod' and then select the house on 'Palastrinastraat 24' (second house) you will get to see the house of Prince Maurits that is for sale. The furniture is not theirs, as they already moved to another house nearby. For those interested: the price is 1.4 million euros.
wonderful pictures, thanks! (but the price..are they off their rocker? The Netherlands is starting to resemble San Francisco real estate price-wise!) Why did they move though by the way?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
My guess is that they needed a larger place, with 3 children. The site says it has only 2 extra bedrooms and one babyroom, and Felicia won't be a baby forever. Or maybe Marilene got so jealous of the big house that sister-in-law Annette now inhabits that she begged Maurits for a new place

And maybe Maurits inherited an amount of money which enables him to buy something more expensive?
-

I am afraid AMsterdam prices for rent and buy are very much in line with other international cities (except Brussels): skyhigh. A friend of mine is paying 1200 euros a month for a sober two room apartment for example (on the canals, but still).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
My guess is that they needed a larger place, with 3 children. The site says it has only 2 extra bedrooms and one babyroom, and Felicia won't be a baby forever. Or maybe Marilene got so jealous of the big house that sister-in-law Annette now inhabits that she begged Maurits for a new place

And maybe Maurits inherited an amount of money which enables him to buy something more expensive?
-

I am afraid AMsterdam prices for rent and buy are very much in line with other international cities (except Brussels): skyhigh. A friend of mine is paying 1200 euros a month for a sober two room apartment for example (on the canals, but still).
Thanks for the answer. I'm also actually thinking that Maurits maybe needed more room to start his new business (forget what it actually entails, but anyway)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-31-2006, 07:20 AM
Tina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Irgendwo im Nirgendwo, Germany
Posts: 686
Princess Marilène:

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
Boulevard magazine story has an article this week on Prince Maurits. The article says that during his time in Amsterdam discotheque Jimmy Woo the prince behaved as a bachelor and not as a married man with 3 children. The magazine has a picture of Maurits and a lady who seem to be standing close but they did not publish it due to the media code. They contacted the RVD about the picture, as according to them this is newsworthy and thus does not fall under that code but they didn't want to take the gamle.

Instead they got an artist to draw what was seen on the picture, very inventive!

The article has reports from two girls wo were at the club and who said that Maurits was flirting etc.
They also stated that he could dance ok but it wasn't that special.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Boulevard magazine story has an article this week on Prince Maurits. The article says that during his time in Amsterdam discotheque Jimmy Woo the prince behaved as a bachelor and not as a married man with 3 children. The magazine has a picture of Maurits and a lady who seem to be standing close but they did not publish it due to the media code. They contacted the RVD about the picture, as according to them this is newsworthy and thus does not fall under that code but they didn't want to take the gamle.

Instead they got an artist to draw what was seen on the picture, very inventive!

The article has reports from two girls wo were at the club and who said that Maurits was flirting etc.
They also stated that he could dance ok but it wasn't that special.
Newsworthy?Really?Those rags just love to dish up more then there was/is,they got to sell copies you know.A little innocent flirting?
So what?He's a looker and he is a Prince,that's enough for many to start drooling both female...and male...As they say,one might get
hungry outside,but they come home for dinner.

Oh my,and he doesn't dance all that great either???Well,that's the end of the House of Orange for sure...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
Well, it is rather funny to see what they came up with to evade the media code (the drawing), I laughed my head of. I wonder how much time they lost in coming up with that one...
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
Princess Marilène:

what a great video! thank you for posting it Tina!!!!!

Marilene is so articulate. I think the Rijksmuseum is very lucky to have her working for them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Anastasia Margriet Joséphine (Anna) van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven celebrates her 6th birthday today.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-17-2007, 05:00 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
His Highness Prince Maurits Willem Pieter Hendrik of Orange Nassau,van Vollenhoven celbrates his 39th birthday today.

The Dutch Royal House

The Dutch Royal House
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: zwolle, Netherlands
Posts: 282
If you click on the next link,you can see a video of Prince Maurits which was made yesterday morning.. he is leaving afther breakfast with his wife and youngets doughter Felicia.
On the linkpage, you must click on 'Prins Maurits naar de 40'

Video - week 16
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-10-2007, 05:07 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

Quote:
This week's Margriet (Dutch magazine) carries an interview with Princess Marilène van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, with beautiful photos of her. Very sympathetic interview which shows that Marilène has a busy life combining work and family life. In the interview she also says that she loves her work for the Friends of the Rijkmuseum very much and finds it important that children at an early age come in contact with museums. She doesn't deny that being a princess means that the press is more interested in her than if she wouldn't have married a prince... (Margriet would probably not have interviewed her so soon.)
She has been busy to co-organize the "Mother!" theme exhibition at the Rijksmusem (with a wink to Dutch Mother's Day on Sunday).
Also a beautiful woman to see...!
If you click on the photo on the left you see the photo enlarged.
http://www.margriet.nl/#
Rijksmuseum Amsterdam - National Museum of Art and History
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
As posted by Cees on the Benelux Royals MB:

Quote:
Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène were present at the handing out of the Prix de Rome 2007 Tuesday afternoon in the Rolzaal in The Hague. The Prix de Rome is an award for young artists and architects and was handed out by the Minister of Education, mr. Plasterk (left on the photo).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-01-2007, 03:49 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène attended the "Carmen meets Carmen" event at the start of the Robeco Summer concerts at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam last night.
ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-01-2007, 05:16 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène attended the "Carmen meets Carmen" event at the start of the Robeco Summer concerts at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam last night.
ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.
I must say that Marilene doesn't look good on this photo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-02-2007, 05:02 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
I saw a part of that concert on television. I wonder how one gets the nerve to change such a piece and to create all these unimpressive musical-songs while the original opera is so well-known and liked. Sigh...pure barbarism.
-
Anyway, good to see the royal couple.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-04-2007, 03:02 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I saw a part of that concert on television. I wonder how one gets the nerve to change such a piece and to create all these unimpressive musical-songs while the original opera is so well-known and liked. Sigh...pure barbarism.
-
Anyway, good to see the royal couple.
The nerve is called "Money Money Money" it runs down the spine of some...
Wonder what Maurits and Marilène really thought of it...or the CdK,Mayor Job Cohen or mrs.Martine van Loon-Labouchère,
who were also in attendance,ao.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 08-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
Actress Kim van Kooten wrote a Dutch equivalant to the romantic comedy ´Love Actually´, called ´Alles is liefde´ (All is love). In the movie one of the characters is a Prince called Valentijn. According to Kim van Kooten the character is based on Prince Maurits.

Source: SBS shownews
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 08-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,827
The boulevard press discovered Marilene and Maurits again, they featured in all 4 of them this week. One magazine saying that the couple overcame difficulties and another saying that Marilene is looking full of sorrow as so many women are after her husband and yet another claims that on Friday night the prince partied at Jimmy Woo with 5 blonde ladies.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince maurits, princess marilene, van vollenhoven


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau & Marilene van der Broek - 1998 Tina Royal Weddings 24 04-26-2013 01:03 AM
Prince Johan-Maurits 'The Brazilian' of Nassau-Siegen (1604-1679) Marengo Dutch Royal History 11 09-03-2007 04:38 PM
Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, News and Pictures 1 (Jun 2004-Feb 2006) Adriana Current Events Archive 267 02-04-2006 06:28 PM
Princess Marilène is Pregnant Again! xxPatrickxx Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 17 05-03-2005 07:42 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]