Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, Current Events Part 2 (June 2006 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any news about the family?
I miss them!:mad:

Monna said:
Are there any news about the family?
I miss them!:mad:

They're a pretty private family and are only seen officially at major events. Sometimes we get paparazzi pictures of Marilene and the kids but that's about it. I wish we saw more of them too. They're a charming family :).

After the paparazzi pictured and published pictures of Marilene in the Park in Amsterdam brestfeeding little Felicia.. the quit beeing nice to the paparazzi and allowing them to make private pictures.... and as we can see since than we do not see that much pictures as before

I believe that if the press is saying something like that it's because there must be "some" true to that. Not that it is true, but maybe he has been flirting or something...yes? no? Only my opinion, of course.

As a Dutchie I can assure you that you don't need to take that kind of press too seriously. They make up the most stupid stories. Like this one, of which nothing has been heard ever since.

Good news!
Marilene, Maurits and the kids had a photosession at Paleis het Loo last saturday. The pics weren't to be published before wednesday, but Van Tellingen has already loads and loads of pics on his site!

More to be found at http://www.fotovantellingen.nl. Just search for 'Maurits' or 'Marilene'.

Thanks for finding these pictures, Maxie!
It's always great to see this warm & loving family..
I'm glad the photographers have respect the family's wish for privacy, and in return, they don't dissapoint us, don't they? they provide us with this photoshoot.
Anna is looking more grown up & beautiful each time we see her, and Lucas is looking very animative & cute. Little Felicia looks very cozy with her family as well.

Great find Maxie! I love this family! Felecia has really grown up and she really looks like Marilene. (I wonder if any baby or childhood pictures have ever been published of Marilene?)

I love the last picture of Lucas making those faces at the cameras!

I hope that there will also soon be a photo shoot of the extended van Vollenhoven family. The last time there was one, there was no Anita or Aimee or Sam or Felecia. It's about time, I would say!

There are a lot of them! almost 50 pictures!! I hope they will come without watermark soon. :)

Great pictures Maxie! Quite the dashing couple Maurits and Marilene still are, almost 10 years after their marriage.

I nteresting to note that they ´needed´ a photosession like this to keep the press away, while all the other princes (including Beatrix 2 youngest sons) do not.

And I agree with Alexandria, I am still hoping for an extended van Vollenhoven picture, or better yet a picture of the entire RF. All Juliana´s children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Wow, this is easily the BEST looking Oranje family! As if someone went to a modeling agency and hired their best looking models for this shoot! I can see why pictures of them are coveted!

My favorite by the way, is little Lucas, so cute with the glasses!

Lucas looks like his uncle Bernhard!

This has to be one of my favorite extended royal families. All of them are absolutely adorable! I feel bad for Maurits and Marilene, they're going to have a tough time keeping the boys away from Anna! All the girls will be chasing Lucas but maybe they'll be proud of that! :ROFLMAO:

A charming family, indeed. And such a nice setting!
BTW ANP provides some pics too. Here are some more. (credit: ANP Photo Benelux Press Marcel Antonisse )

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Great pictures Maxie! Quite the dashing couple Maurits and Marilene still are, almost 10 years after their marriage.

I agree Marengo that they are a very good looking couple and still so much in love after nearly 10 years of marriage. Maurits has matured in his looks since his wedding (in a very good way! ;)) while Marilene looks basically the same to me.

I love in these pictures how they interact with their kids, from playing with them to hugging them and holding them close.

Marengo said:
I nteresting to note that they ´needed´ a photosession like this to keep the press away, while all the other princes (including Beatrix 2 youngest sons) do not.

We never seem to get many paparazzi style pictures of Constantijn and Friso's families like the kind we get (mostly I see them from Peter Smulders) of Maurits and Bernhard Jr.'s families playing in the park or riding their bikes. Perhaps because those couples live abroad and in Belgium those kind of pictures don't exist and in London Friso and Mabel have more privacy since there are so many other people for the paparazzi to occupy their time with there.

Didn't Bernhard Jr. and Annette have a similar photo session soon after Samuel was born? I remember pictures of the family in a park and Isabella was in a light blue dress.​

Absolutely lovely pictures of Maurits & family. They certainly are a very attractive gang! And so much warmth & fun comes across.

So are the press behaving themselves a bit more these days - are they leaving the family alone?

Squidgy yes,the press actually does behave,till now.....

Both Maurits and Bernhard will apparently accompany their parents to this years,annual,Peter Stuyvesant Ball at the Grand Hyatt,NYC on november 17th,(Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven are patrons of the Netherlands-America Foundation)

http://www.thenaf.org/index.cfm?s=events-silver-ball-2006

Beautiful photos, thanks for posting them! The children are so adorable, especially little Felicia. And I am glad that everything is o.k. between Maurits and Marilene, they look really happy and in love:wub: .

Here are more photo's of Prince Maurits and his family.
Source: Prive
49j1tol.jpg

2gv7r0i.jpg

4d6s21d.jpg

Visit also my weblog about Royalty kids (also more of Prince Maurits and his family) & Celeb kids
http://celebroyaltykids.web-log.nl/

thank you very very very much!!

wow. the picture is spectacular! this is so interesting. thanks for the information.

Maurits gave an interview to carp: http://www.carp.nl/content/pages/i/actueel/carp_nl/marketing_sales/24520_interview_maurits_van_oranje.asp

Apparently he is starting a new business.

Q: How do I call you?
A: Maurits, that is my name.

Q: You are a prince. People don't always know how to handle that. I sthat difficult?
A: When I notice that people do not know how to react, I immediately them feel at easy. And prince, prince....when I get people on the telephone the name Maurits van Oranje often doesn't ring any bells.

Q: Don't you make it clear to them?
A: No. I find it disturbing if they would act differently because it is me. Like how they treat a customer when you are rebuilding, the rude replies you get then! Untill they know it is me, but then I think, just get somebody else: I am quickly done with class justice.

Q: You just don't return or do you say something about it?
A: I do say it, yes. I did it once in an airplane for example. To me they were extremely kind but to my neighbour they were not. I walked backwards then - I do not do such things in public- and I said: that gentleman paid as much money for his ticket as I did, so he deserves the same service. I can'
t stand injustice, I always had an immense dislike for that.

Q: You have always had that?
A: Yes. My parents always made us clear: it doesn't matter what you are, but it is all about who you are and what you radiate/show Whether you have 60 million euros on the bank or zero. And if people say 'the prince of', Der Koenig 'von' X and the bow and, I think: wait a minute. I was never impressed by titles, maybe because of my background. You don't get respect, you enforce it. Many people think they deserve respect for their position, but when I see how they behave, I think: you do not get my respect at all.

Q: Don't people quickly think that you are arrogant?
A: A while ago, for sure! But I can bring it with more charm now. But I stay realistic. Because somebody has 'director' on his card does it mean he always knows it better? Nonsense!

then two questions about his company, which is about helping companies and the public sector iwith product and marketing concepts.

link to the website of his company: http://www.thesourceideas.com/

information provided by HJA in his royalblog.

Back
Top Bottom