The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

True, I think RTL-boulevard is the programme who gives the most information about royals here, almost on a daily basis, so. And most often they get the recent facts right (not always though) :).

Thank Wimaamal for those pictures of Pieter. I read alexandria's post and already thought, where on earth would there be pictures of that ? But you managed, thanks again!

Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

This is the link to the video of RTL Boulevard (it always works, also when it's not any more on the site):

http://www.rtl.nl/(channel=rtl4,prog....xml/wm364.wvx

Old 02-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

just a few more...

Amsterdam 29 januari 2006
Premiere Muis in de Meervaart.
Princess Marilene, Prince Maurits with Anna van Vollenhoven & Lucas van Vollenhoven.

from petersmulders.nl
Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

a couple more from peter smulders

Old 03-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

March 9, 2006
MAASTRICHT - Nearly every museum in the Netherlands has a circle of friends. Rijksmuseum (The National Museum) in Amsterdam did it without for a while. On Thursday, in kunstbeurs Tefaf in Maastricht, the national museum sworn Princess Marilene as their new patron.
ANP PHOTO/ ED OUDENAARDEN

ps. i translate the caption from ANP:
Quote:
MAASTRICHT - Vrijwel ieder museum in Nederland heeft er een; een vriendenkring. Het Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam deed het tot voor kort nog zonder. Op de kunstbeurs Tefaf in Maastricht werd donderdag echter die van het Rijksmuseum gelanceerd, onder anderen door prinses Marilene. Zie bericht bin heden.
so, please, if there's a better information for this event, please do post it.. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2487503.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	231844   Click image for larger version

Name:	2487517.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	231845  
Old 03-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Thanks Purple! A very nice initiative of Marilene. I believe I read on the Benelux Royals MB that she initiated this herself, when she talked about it with some friends. She is usually very elegant and would have made an excellent crownprincess IMO. A pity we don't see her more often (for us I mean, probably she prefers her discrete role).
Old 03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, it's definitely a pity we don't get to see more of princess Marilene. I have to agree with you, Marengo. She would have made a perfect crown princess. :)

Your translation pretty well covered up what Marilene was doing in Maastricht, purple. In Maastricht we have this great and famous art fair each year, it's called the TEFAF. All people who know something about art (or think they do) go there to search for new and old art, which is sold there. It's mostly an event for the Dutch beau monde, I'm afraid. I always wanted to go there with my mom (my parents live nearby Maastricht) to have a good laugh (and look at some interesting art, of course) but we never had the chance. Marilene obviously was there to promote the new circle of friends of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. :) The TEFAF is a good place to look out for rich people who are willing to donate something to the arts, imo. I think it's wonderful that Marilene helps the museum with finding new friends...
Old 03-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Thanks Purple! A very nice initiative of Marilene. I believe I read on the Benelux Royals MB that she initiated this herself, when she talked about it with some friends. She is usually very elegant and would have made an excellent crownprincess IMO. A pity we don't see her more often (for us I mean, probably she prefers her discrete role).
I totally echo your sentiments Marengo about Marilene. I like Willem and Maxima a lot, but I would be incredibly happy with a Crown Prince Maurits and Crown Princess Marilene, too. (Marilene already has the requisite "M" name for a Crown Princess, to boot! :p) A Queen Margriet and Prince Pieter wouldn't have been so bad, either!

They are such an incredibly down to earth couple and I think they would've done the Netherlands very proud as its Crown Princely couple.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

This couple is verry common and down to earth. How many princesses do you see bringing her own childeren to a public school ? If you are in amsterdam you can see the couple on a sunny day in the Vondelpark taking a walk.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
just a few more...

Amsterdam 29 januari 2006
Premiere Muis in de Meervaart.
Princess Marilene, Prince Maurits with Anna van Vollenhoven & Lucas van Vollenhoven.
here are some more

http://www.fotovantellingen.nl/?page...ion=found&id=3

search for "muis amsterdam" - S. 2 - 4
Old 03-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

How tall is Marilene?:)
Old 03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I have moved the latest images of Maxima and Marilene attending the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam together to this thread, which is dedicated to events with various members of the royal family together as is the case here.

Alexandria
Dutch Forum Moderator
Old 03-22-2006, 04:31 AM
Administrator

According to the website of the royal house Prince Maurits will receive the first book about the history of the Abbey of Middelburg on March 23rd, in the New Church in Middelburg.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:26 AM
Administrator

I believe Prince Maurits has a row with prive-magazine. He was on holidays on the dutch antilles (I just missed him apparently) with friends and was dancing with an unidentified woman when a photographer made pictures, the prince asked him several times to leave but he didn't and now the story is published in Prive (not the pictures I believe).
Old 03-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe Prince Maurits has a row with prive-magazine. He was on holidays on the dutch antilles (I just missed him apparently) with friends and was dancing with an unidentified woman when a photographer made pictures, the prince asked him several times to leave but he didn't and now the story is published in Prive (not the pictures I believe).
Are they saying that he is having an affair or something?

It seems that increasingly the van Vollenhovens are being affected/targeted by the slanderous stories that used to be published about Willem and Maxima.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Administrator

They weren't explicitely saying that, but they made some hints about it. Prive magazine has become a bit more agressive towards the royals since they were dragged in front of court for invading privacy.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
They weren't explicitely saying that, but they made some hints about it. Prive magazine has become a bit more agressive towards the royals since they were dragged in front of court for invading privacy.
I was hoping that the press were letting Maurits & Marilene have a bit more of a private life, since we don't see as many pictures of them walking in the park, etc. Is this true or are they still often featured in the Dutch gossip magazines?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Administrator

I don't see much change since before, but the main focus is Maxima and WA though, M&M only get a fraction of the attention.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
23 March
Prince Maurits
Prince Maurits receives the first book on the History of the Abbey Middelburg
Niewe Kerk of Middelburg
Middelburg
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14611
The link for this picture is provide by Sander at BRMB.
This photo is from pzc.nl

The door of Niewe Kerk of Middelburg was stuck a little bit, but with a push by the prince, it then open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VP_2403_MAURITS3K_151449h.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	234277  
Old 03-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't see much change since before, but the main focus is Maxima and WA though, M&M only get a fraction of the attention.
Thanks Marengo.

Well, that's too bad, but I guess it would be too much to expect the tabloid press to leave them alone, when they can make money from their pictures & gossip.

Tags
prince maurits, princess marilene, van vollenhoven