The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Aimee does look more pretentious and haughty than her other sisters in laws. But that just might be her look and her personality is completely different.

Floris seems so humble and down to earth though it's hard to believe that he might choose a life partner who was snobby.
I don't agree with you at all. It's just a question of look IMO; I think she's a very pretty woman who dresses well (except that ugly hat for PC and Anita's wedding ). She will be very nice during family events.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

They are marrying this thurday and saturday, in Naarden! Is anybody here planning to visit this (small) city on these days?
I onder if the civil wedding is broadcasted on television, or that the scenario is the same as for Pieter-Christiaan, only the religious ceremony live on television and a photoshoot somewhere after the civil one...

Old 10-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

How do they decide which city the wedding will be held in? Is Naarden the hometown of the bride or close to where her family is from?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 AM
Administrator

This time they chose the hometown of the bride, Naarden (a posh small city south-east of Amsterdam).
PC and Anita chose for Apeldoorn as the groom came from that city and Noordwijk because the parents of Anita are living there. Bernhard and Annette chose Apeldoorn for there civil wedding and Utrecht for the religious one as Benrhard jr was baptised there. Maurits and Marilene chose Apeldoorn both times, as the groom was raised there.

It seems the two younger brothers chose smaller villages, the marriage seems 'smaller' then those of Maurits and Benrhard jr, who are still in line for the throne.

Untill the wedding of Queen Beatrix all royal marriages were traditionally in The Hague (or abroad, in the country of a foreign princess)
Old 10-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Any news, photos, etc. on tomorrow's wedding? I am looking forward to seeing the ever stylish Aimee!
Old 10-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

Question

I shall go to the city of Naarden,and try to make nice photo of them and members of the Royal Family.
Its only ten minuts with the train from mine house.

I hope that i get lucky
Old 10-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Pictures from today ANP. Floris and Aimée were shopping in PC Hoofdstraat in Amsterdam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3116717.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	204216   Click image for larger version

Name:	3116723.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	204217  
Old 10-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely picture! Source www.koninklijkhuis.nl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pf-avs-001-groot.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	204218  
Old 10-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, misshelen, thank you for the pictures. It looks cold there -- I notice Floris' hands look cold. And good luck with your photos tomorrow, ropura!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't forget that the wedding thread for Floris and Aimée is here: Prince Floris & Aimée Söhngen: October 20 & 22, 2005. So tomorrow I hope to see many members there!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

thanks for the reminder, Alexandria. I'll be checking in tomorrow!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Yeah, misshelen, thank you for the pictures. It looks cold there -- I notice Floris' hands look cold. And good luck with your photos tomorrow, ropura!
Oh yes it was very cold today in The Netherlands. Aimée and Floris were on Dutch tv tonight in the programm "shownews" on SBS6. We saw them shopping together and they asked the Prince "are you nervous for the wedding" ? He answered that they are not nervous and that the people will see that tomorrow.

I found baby pictures from Aimée from www.koninklijkhuis.nl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	avs-001-groot.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	204235   Click image for larger version

Name:	avs-002-groot.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	204236   Click image for larger version

Name:	avs-003-groot.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	204237  
Old 10-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
This time they chose the hometown of the bride, Naarden (a posh small city south-east of Amsterdam).
PC and Anita chose for Apeldoorn as the groom came from that city and Noordwijk because the parents of Anita are living there. Bernhard and Annette chose Apeldoorn for there civil wedding and Utrecht for the religious one as Benrhard jr was baptised there. Maurits and Marilene chose Apeldoorn both times, as the groom was raised there.

It seems the two younger brothers chose smaller villages, the marriage seems 'smaller' then those of Maurits and Benrhard jr, who are still in line for the throne.

Untill the wedding of Queen Beatrix all royal marriages were traditionally in The Hague (or abroad, in the country of a foreign princess)
Thanks for the info Marengo. It makes sense that Floris would marry in a less well known city as you say, since this isn't a very high profile marriage.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropura
I shall go to the city of Naarden,and try to make nice photo of them and members of the Royal Family.
Its only ten minuts with the train from mine house.

I hope that i get lucky
I'm glad to hear you will be at this wedding too Ropura. I remember you took some nice photos at Pieter-Christiaan's wedding in August. Good luck.:)
Old 10-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

Picture from today when they visited " Douglas " in the PC Hoofdstraat in Amsterdam. Source AD
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_1__pchooft02_12663h.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	204256  
Old 10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the lovely pictures of the couple, missHelen! I'm really looking forward to the ceremony tomorrow! I won't be able to see the church wedding, but I wouldn't miss this one for the world! :)
Old 10-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Floris and Aimée and Prince PC and Anita will be on Dutch tv October 27th TV Show from Ivo Niehe at TV 2. Source and picture Telegraaf
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Floris,PC.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	204278  
Old 10-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pictures Miss Helen. :)

Did Floris & Aimee give an interview before this wedding (like Pieter-Christiaan & Anita did right before their wedding)?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Untill now I have no knowledge of an interview in a newspaper like PC and Anita, but I wouldn't be surprised if 'De Telegraaf' (biggest newspaper of The Netherlands) has it today/tomorrow/saturday.

A pity they shop at PC Hooftstraat, I thought only televisionstars and soccerplayers wives went there...
Old 10-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Floris is the last member of the Royal house who will get married.
It began with Maurits ( his eldest brother) in 1998, so in 7 years 7 cousins got married:d