Prince Bernhard, Princess Annette and Family, Current Events Part 2 (August 2008 -)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HH Princess Annette will open travelling entertainment center the "Experience" at care center Daelzicht,Heel today.

The "Experience" is for people wit severe multiple disabilities and the elderly suffering from dementia.

HH Princess Annette will open travelling entertainment center the "Experience" at care center Daelzicht,Heel today.

The "Experience" is for people wit severe multiple disabilities and the elderly suffering from dementia.

26-03-2010 Heel Princess Annette (38), wife of Prince Bernhard, attended
the opening of the Belevenis (experience) at the care center Daelzicht in
Heel.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Princess Annette and Evelyne Westerman attend the Mille Miglia
2010, one thousand Mile Historic Race car presentation held at
Piazza della Loggia on May 6, 2010 in Brescia, Italy.

The rallye, first held in 1927, features more than 100 classic cars
travelling 1,000 miles (approx 1600km) through various Italian cities.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Annette visited the childrensfarm with dayactivities of
the foundation Adullam in Horstheim in Staphorst, May 19, 2010.
The farm is for children with mental retardation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** ppe gallery **

Sorry if this is a folish question but does Princess Annette has any problems (physical) with her legs? Because she always wears boots.

Princess Annette visited a youth workshop of MOVE, a project of the
Red Cross in Breda, June 13, 2010:

Under the guidance of professional rappers, a rap was written and
recorded as an anthem of MOVE. At the end of the visit, Annette
received the first CD.

** Pic **

Sorry if this is a folish question but does Princess Annette has any problems (physical) with her legs? Because she always wears boots.

Not that I know of. She must just find them comfortable like many other women here in Amsterdam.

----------------

Thanks for the picture of princess Annette, iceflower! She is the only van Vollenhoven princess who has regular public duties, always related to her own job (she is working with handicapped people).

Prince Bernhard is the new non-executive Member of the Board of Antonov as was announced this morning in the Financieel Dagblad .He's very pleased with the position as well as the company.

The Prince already is a very successfull entrepeneur ever since he was in University.As a rule,and their very own choice,no members
of the Dutch RF receive an apanage except the Monarch and the Heir and his/her spouse.Thank goodness the Members of the Dutch RF are blessed with a maximum of working grey cells and they know how to use them and work in jobs where their grey cells count over their lineage.Good!!:)

According to AT5 Prince Bernhard jr. has bought this mansion on the Weteringschans in Amsterdam:

Stadsvilla voor Prins Bernhard Junior - AT5 Nieuws

I don't think that it is the entire place as the house has two front doors on different sides. It is on a very public location, close to Paradiso, Leidse square, the Rijksmuseum etc. and a busy road passes the house too. So considering that I wonder if the story is actually true.

In the mean time, his wife became a member of the advisory council of the foundation 'Papageno'. The princess has been active in the same field as the foundation. Papageno was founded in 1997 by the violinist/conductor Jaap van Zweden and his wife Aaltje to support families with one or more children suffering from autism.

ROYALBLOG.NL: Pr. Annette lid Raad v. Advies Papageno

-
The foundation has more high profiled members, Mrs. Martine van Loon-Labouchère (grand mistress/mastress?) of the household of the queen, is a member of the counsil of recommendation.

http://www.royalty-online.nl/entry/910/nieuwe-functie-voor-prinses-annette

Last edited:
According to AT5 Prince Bernhard jr. has bought this mansion on the Weteringschans in Amsterdam:

Stadsvilla voor Prins Bernhard Junior - AT5 Nieuws

I don't think that it is the entire place as the house has two front doors on different sides. It is on a very public location, close to Paradiso, Leidse square, the Rijksmuseum etc. and a busy road passes the house too. So considering that I wonder if the story is actually true.

Allthough a beautifull house,it is not the venue to raise kids in a anonymous and private way.It's,like you say,right in the middle of it all.
But their house at the Koninginneweg/Emmastraat is empty....That wasn't the summum of privacy either,plus it had those squeeking trams running by the front door from 6 AM till 00.30AM.I've never understood that for a choice either,too noisy.

Allthough a beautifull house,it is not the venue to raise kids in a anonymous and private way.It's,like you say,right in the middle of it all.
But their house at the Koninginneweg/Emmastraat is empty....That wasn't the summum of privacy either,plus it had those squeeking trams running by the front door from 6 AM till 00.30AM.I've never understood that for a choice either,too noisy.

TBH I wouldn't like to raise children in most parts of this city, esp. when they become teenagers. But well... In what area do Maurits and Marilene live btw, Oud-Zuid or Zuid I guess (stereotyping, I know).

On the bright side, it is close to the Barlaeus lyceum, which is handy for their children in a few years (stereotyping again ;)).

Like I said on another forum, all the Oger suits with mismatched brown shoes, flashy watches, greasy hair, fast cars, real estate busines, the inability to pronounce the letter 'r' correctly, housing in Oud-Zuid and now also Ibiza holidays (and possibly a Vespa scooter, one of the things I have taken an extreme dislike to - not because of the scooter but because of the people on it) is very stereo type for a certain kind of people in Amsterdam. Somehow I can not fit Annette in this picture though (as she seems to be a very likable 'bakfiets'-mother), so i'll give them the benifit of the doubt ;).

All this talk about a new house attracted attention from the press.

The Volkskrant, always the first to insinuate things related to the RF, has an article about prince Benrhard and his business. Sticking to rules isn't his strongest side, says the headline:

Profiel: Regeltjes zijn niet de sterkste kant van prins Bernhard jr. - Binnenland - VK

They label it as not a wise acquisition: with 400 square meters (slightly less than his present house) for 3.25 million euros.

But according to Paul Mol it is important for the prince that the house has a pier/landing stage for boats. The prince has a passion for boats, mainly for antique sailing yachts. He is also financially involved with the boatmaker 'Prins van Oranje' in Heeg, Friesland.

Both the real estate business as his ICT company Levi9 are doing very well, against the expectations in the current economic situation.

The newspaper also reports that neither Vondel Vastgoed (his real estate company) neither his or his business partners' private BV's have given the chamber of commerce any info. about their profits in the last 2 years. According to their accountant Mathijs Mennen the problem lies with the chamber of commerce as they have sent all the data. The chamber of commerce reacted surprised and says that the responsibility still is with the entrepeneur. The article continues with somethign related to his first comany, Ritzen koeriers (started when he was 19). They didn't pay social security taxes and had to settle for a payyment of 12.000 euros.

Princess Annette attended the opening of the "Belevenis" at the care center Siza in Arnhem, September 19, 2011.
The "Belevenis" is a travelling entertainment center for people with severel muliple disabilities and elderly dementia.

Princess Annette is a member of the Advisory Board of the Foundation Belevenis (Experience).

** ppe gallery **

Prince Bernhard at the 2nd PP Electric Rally, the largest car rally with electric cars, in Amsterdam today, September 14, 2012. The race with 250 electric cars will make the world record and will be in the Guiness book of records.

** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

Princesss Annette has opened the exhibition 'Step Outside'' of the Würth collection and the Special Arts Foundation Netherlands in 's-Hertogenbosch today, January 27, 2013. The exhibition includes nearly 80 works of artists with disabilities.

** ppe gallery **

His Highness prince Bernhard will hand-out the Anner Award 2013 at the Nieuwe Kerk,Groningen today.

The Anner Award is to encourage student entrepeneurs to pursue their dreams and make a success of their ideas.

The Award is named after Anner van der Mheen,1989 - 2011,an extraordinairy student entrepeneur from Groningen.

Prince Bernhard, Princess Annette and children viewed The Stig, known from the British television show Top Gear, at the racing circuit in Zandvoort on February 19, during a photocall to promote the Top Gear Live event in the Amsterdam Ziggo Dome on 27 April.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

His Highness prince Bernhard will hand-out the Anner Award 2013 at the Nieuwe Kerk,Groningen today.

The Anner Award is to encourage student entrepeneurs to pursue their dreams and make a success of their ideas.

The Award is named after Anner van der Mheen,1989 - 2011,an extraordinairy student entrepeneur from Groningen.

Here's a pic of Prince Bernhard at this year's Anner Award on February 13:

** Pic **

WildFM, a radio station owned by Vondel capital of prince Bernhard & other partners filed for bankruptcy.

Erik de Vlieger:

Last edited:
Sad news, the RVD announced that prince Bernhard is suffering from lymphonia / Non Hodgkin. For now there will be further research and it will not limit the prince's daily activities.

He has been treated for several years for Crohn's disease as well.

Prins Bernhard heeft lymfklierkanker - Binnenland - VK

Last edited:
Very sad news. I hope that the treatment will work and that he gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom