Prince Bernhard, Princess Annette and Family, Current Events Part 2 (August 2008 -)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad news, the RVD announced that prince Bernhard is suffering from lymphonia / Non Hodgkin. For now there will be further research and it will not limit the prince's daily activities.

He has been treated for several years for Crohn's disease as well.

Prins Bernhard heeft lymfklierkanker - Binnenland - VK

That's sad news, I hope Prince Bernhard gets well soon. Like others have said, the DRF have been through a lot recently. I feel sorry for them.

Sad news, the RVD announced that prince Bernhard is suffering from lymphonia / Non Hodgkin. For now there will be further research and it will not limit the prince's daily activities.

He has been treated for several years for Crohn's disease as well.

Prins Bernhard heeft lymfklierkanker - Binnenland - VK

It is Lymphoma indeed and it does limit the Prince already Marengo,sorry.
More research yes,but he's unnable to function as usual.

The Prince is known and treated for Krohn disease since long also.
Really really sad!

Yes. Lucien, you re right. I do not understand the words "more research", perhaps you mean in English different treatments. There are several different treatments. Many work for some time, others don't, it is in some instances a crap shoot. It is, very sad, indeed.

Non Hodgkins Lymphona is not necessarily a death sentence. It is severe, but my husband survived and it is 14 years since treatment. He will be 80 on Sept.2

That is so wonderful I have lost a wonderful cousin to Lymphoma. But times and treatments change. God Bless you all.

When my husband was diagnosed the Doctor told us that it is a collection of 14 different ones. Survival, somewhat, depends on the variety you get. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Non Hodgkins Lymphona is not necessarily a death sentence. It is severe, but my husband survived and it is 14 years since treatment. He will be 80 on Sept.2

I was just about to say the same thing. Yes, it's awful news, and at the worst possible time for the DRF, but while still beyond serious there's been amazing progress treatment wise and in research to kick this thing to the curb. For good.

My thoughts and prayers will be w/him and the Family.

And I hit post too soon...That is wonderful news about your Husband Grandma!!

Terrible news, esp. coming on the heels of poor Friso.

Hopefully, he has a form and a stage that is treatable.

I have a relative who was diagnosed with a rare, late stage form of lymphoma two years ago. He went into an experimental program and is all but in remission now, to the shock of even some oncologists.

Cancer is not always a death sentence these days.

Jacqueline Kennedy died within six months of being diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma but I have heard of several others who survived and went completely into remission.

I am hoping the Prince is one of those latter cases.

Jacqueline Kennedy died within six months of being diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma but I have heard of several others who survived and went completely into remission.

I am hoping the Prince is one of those latter cases.

While that's true, that was also...twenty years ago now (can't believe it's already been that long)? Both screening and treatment have come a very long way since then.

I didn't know the Prince also suffered from Crohn's. First that and now this. Stress is the one biggie Crohn's patients have to manage really well from what I've learned from Family Members and Friends over the years w/it. This w/out a doubt will not help w/that part of whatever plan of action he and his Doctors have on that part of his health issues.

As I said earlier, I will very much be keeping him and the Family in my thoughts and prayers.

That is so wonderful I have lost a wonderful cousin to Lymphoma. But times and treatments change. God Bless you all.

Indeed Countess,not just times and treatments,but the overal physical condition plays a key role as well,and with an underlaying issue such as Crohn's disease it is way more complex.

One can't compare apples and peers nor go by "doctors waitingroom stories" either.

Still,what a sad development for this sweet and loving family!

What very sad news so soon after Prince Johan Friso's death,wishing Prince Bernhard the very best.

This is a sad news for the young Prince and his family.
Did Princess Anita recover completely ?

Princess Anita was seriously ill?

Very sad news...
I'm so sorry that this year happening the dutch royal family.:bang:

My thoughts and prayers are with Bernhard and his family. There are many different sub-types of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, some aggressive and some slow-growing. The prognosis varies widely depending on the type of NHL and the stage of the cancer. Crohn's disease is one of the medical conditions that is associated with an increased risk of developing this type of cancer. Treatment may include chemotherapy, along with radiation to a specific area. It's hard to know exactly what Prince Bernhard is facing.

Last edited:
This is a sad news for the young Prince and his family.
Did Princess Anita recover completely ?

That is something else that makes it so sad especially for this family.There are the health scares for Pieter van Vollenhoven as he suffers of skin cancer and is treated for that at the Anthony van Leeuwenhoek hospital here in Amsterdam.

Princess Anita,spouse of son number 3 Pieter-Christiaan, underwent neuro-surgery in the US last year and still didn't recover fully,and now this,Bernhard.Really sad!!

Everybody has a cross to bear,but some carry a few more or so it seems
993964_547639315301811_2056166964_n.jpg

imagegen.aspx

Princess Anita, spouse of son number 3 Pieter-Christiaan, underwent neuro-surgery in the US last year and still didn't recover fully, and now this, Bernhard. Really sad!!

Princess Anita had surgery on her spine in September, 2011. She was not been seen in public for over a year after her surgery, but has attended more recent events such as Willem-Alexander's inauguration. How is it known that Anita is not fully recovered?

I hope he´s smart enough to get himself some really good and professional spiritual healer that know, what they´re doing but not a Reiki Master. Reiki is much too week to do any good Cancer healing.

Cancer is healable, if you want to get healed off it.

^^^^
I rather hope he has a really good Oncologist.

Pieter van Vollenhoven yesterday told in 'Blauw Bloed' that his son is showing enourmous courage during his illness.Van Vollenhoven hopes that his son's courage will be rewarded.
'We hope and pray for the best', he added.

Pieter van Vollenhoven: 'Bernhard toont reuze moed' - Binnenland - VK

I think we all hope and pray for a recovery for Prince Bernhard.He,Pieter,is always great at chatting away but clearly needed more time to form his message,talking slower and well thought over.Poor guys,(-as Pieter is ill too)-or family & I really hope for a turn to the best.

Has there been any news or update on how Prince Bernhard is doing? I wish him well.

Has there been any news or update on how Prince Bernhard is doing? I wish him well.

Prof.Mr. Pieter spoke December 5 with the dutch Televsion Program RTL boulevard .. He said that he and his wife Princess Margriet still burning candles for their sick son.
Further he said, "We hope that he keeps the energy to go against it," "We are very involved, we live very with it. Also because you feel that your turn should be earlier than a younger generation, and he confirmed that the upcoming holidays differently in the family. "The celebrating is anything else, but it will come back."

For the people who understand dutch the interview with prof.mr. Pieter http://www.rtlxl.nl/#!/rtl-boulevard-9652/28b62693-b1ee-c659-764f-d1e9eeffac2c

Not an update , but i like to share it. A message from prince bernhard himself (on his Facebookpage.)
thnks for all the bday wishes.
your support is helping us through this period and ready for a restart in 2014

Last edited:
The goverment information service has just confirmed that the health of Prince Bernhard is better
The treatment is recently completed and is well catching on his doctors said.

Prince Bernhard feels well and is grateful for the compassion that he has received. It give him a lot of positive energy.

He also expresses his appreciation for the reluctance of the media in this difficult period.

The goverment information service has just confirmed that the health of Prince Bernhard is better
The treatment is recently completed and is well catching on his doctors said.

Prince Bernhard feels well and is grateful for the compassion that he has received. It give him a lot of positive energy.

He also expresses his appreciation for the reluctance of the media in this difficult period.

I am soooo happy for the Prince, his family and the Dutch Royal Family!
This is such wonderful news after such a difficult year for the Royal Family.
I hope to see Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette in public again soon!

Back
Top Bottom