Engagements of Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Prince Floris: February 25, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxPatrickxx

Nobility
City
Rotterdam
Country
Netherlands
Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Prince Floris are both getting married with them girlfriends Anita and Aimee!!!!!

xxPatrickxx said:
Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Prince Floris are both getting married with them girlfriends Anita and Aimee!!!!!
At the same time?

I think we're gonna have to wait and see about that...

Congratulations to both couples! Great news! Another two of the very few royal bachelors left are soon to be "occupied" as well... :D

From Nos.. Rtl4... Telegraaf... and the RVD said: There will be an marriage announcement at 14:00(local time)

Its Now official... Pieter-Christiaan is getting married with Anita Theodora van Eijk in August....

Floris is getting married in october... with Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen

any news of the engagement annoucement yet?

[font=Arial, MyriadRegular, Verdana]Verloving Prins Pieter-Christiaan én Prins Floris bekend gemaakt[/font]
spacer.gif
[font=Arial, MyriadRegular, Verdana][/font]

[font=Arial, MyriadRegular, Verdana]De Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst deelt mee dat Zijne Hoogheid Prins Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven zojuist zijn voornemen bekend heeft gemaakt om in augustus in het huwelijk te treden met mevrouw A.T. van Eijk. Tevens heeft Zijne Hoogheid Prins Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven zijn voornemen bekendgemaakt om in oktober met mevrouw A.L.A.M. Söhngen in het huwelijk te treden.
Prins Pieter-Christiaan is de derde zoon en Prins Floris de vierde en jongste zoon van Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Margriet der Nederlanden en mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven.

Zijne Hoogheid Prins Pieter-Christiaan en Zijne Hoogheid Prins Floris hebben beiden aan de regering verzocht om geen toestemmingswet in de zin van artikel 28 van de Grondwet bij de Staten-Generaal in te dienen. De regering heeft besloten deze wensen te respecteren, mede gelet op de plaats van beide prinsen in de erfopvolging.

Prins Pieter-Christiaan is de derde zoon van Prinses Margriet en mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven. Hij werd op 22 maart 1972 in Nijmegen geboren. Hij behaalde in 1990 zijn diploma aan het Stedelijk Gymnasium in Apeldoorn. Prins Pieter-Christiaan vervulde zijn dienstplicht bij het Wapen der Koninklijke Marechaussee. Begin 1999 behaalde de Prins zijn doctoraal examen rechten aan de Rijksuniversiteit te Utrecht. Van 2000 tot 2003 was hij werkzaam bij Equity Capital Markets in Londen. In het najaar van 2003 rondde hij zijn eenjarige opleiding MBA (Master of Business Administration) af aan het International Institute for Management and Development (IMD) te Lausanne. De Prins is als BBT (Beroeps Bepaalde Tijd) werkzaam in de rang van Majoor bij de Directie Operaties van de Staf Koninklijke Marechaussee in Den Haag.

Anita Theodora van Eijk is de tweede dochter van ir. L.A. van Eijk en mevrouw J.C.M. van Eijk-Steens. Anita van Eijk werd op 27 oktober 1969 in Neuchâtel (Zwitserland) geboren. Zij heeft een oudere zuster Caroline; haar jongere broer overleed toen zij 16 jaar was. Haar middelbaar onderwijs volgde zij in Singapore en Nederland. Anita van Eijk behaalde haar Internationaal Baccalaureaat aan het Rijnlands Lyceum te Oegstgeest. In 1990 begon zij aan de studie Engelse taal- en letterkunde aan de Rijksuniversiteit Leiden. Na haar propedeuse begon zij aan de studie communicatiewetenschap aan de Universiteit van Amsterdam waar zij in 1996 afstudeerde.
In 1997 trad Anita van Eijk in dienst van Bloomberg in Amsterdam en werd uitgezonden naar Londen waar zij op de afdeling Sales/Marketing en TV produktie werkte. In Londen werkte zij vervolgens bij Christie’s op de marketing afdeling en bij JPMorgan in verschillende management functies. Anita van Eijk vestigt zich nu in Nederland als zelfstandig ondernemer. Prins Floris werd op 10 april 1975 te Nijmegen geboren als vierde zoon van Prinses Margriet en mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven. Hij behaalde het diploma VWO in 1993 aan het Christelijk Lyceum in Apeldoorn. Na zijn eindexamen heeft de Prins in Salamanca, Spanje, een talencursus Spaans gevolgd en heeft vervolgens op verschillende boerderijen in Argentinië werkzaamheden verricht. Prins Floris heeft Nederlands Recht gestudeerd in zowel de bedrijfsrechtelijke als strafrechtelijke afstudeervariant. Hij behaalde zijn doctoraal examen in juni 2002. Prins Floris is beleidssecretaris bij het Openbaar Ministerie. Hiervoor was hij werkzaam op het parket van de Rechtbank te Amsterdam. Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen werd op 18 oktober 1977 geboren in Amsterdam en is de oudste dochter van de heer J.H.M. Söhngen en mevrouw E.L.F.M. Söhngen-Stammeijer. Zij heeft een jongere broer Hans, en zuster Magali, en is opgegroeid in Bussum en Naarden. In 1996 behaalde zij haar gymnasium diploma aan het Willem de Zwijger College te Bussum. Zij is in 2002 afgestudeerd aan de Universiteit Leiden in de richting bedrijfsrecht. Na haar studie is zij gaan werken als management trainee bij Fortis Bank. Inmiddels is zij projectmanager bij Fortis Bank.

[/font]

So both of them will marry into Dutch noblity?

How funny that they were announced at the same time. It is going to be a busy year for the Dutch royal family.

After there marriage they aren't members of the Ducth Royal House...

Very exciting news! A Dutch friend sent me an e-mail about it and I was all abuzz to come here and get the full scoop. Princess Margriet's family is growing, growing! A new grandchild in June, and two new daughter-in-laws! A very good year for Margriet after last year's sad one with the loss of both of her parents.

I just have to learn to get the "A" fiancee names right now! I can never seem to remember who Aimee is with and who Anita is with!

xxPatrickxx said:
After there marriage they aren't members of the Ducth Royal House...

Why won't Floris and Pieter-Christiaan be members of the Dutch Royal House following their marriage? Aren't their older brothers Maurits and Berhard Jr. still part of the royal house even though they are married? Or have Floris and Pieter-Christiaan chosen not to ask for government permission for their marriages?

Because Pieter-Christiaan and floris don't ask permission for there marriage. Maurits en bernhard jr. ask both permission from the Dutch goverment

Thanks for the answer Patrick. Is there a reason Margriet's youngest sons didn't seek government permission? Both their fiancees seem to be upstanding citizens and they've been together for years, and no skeletons out of the closet yet from either of them.

Or is it perhaps because of the Johan/Mabel situation -- that it would be weird for Margriet's youngest sons to be part of the royal house but not for one of the queen's sons?

ack. translation of the article in english please? :)

Attachments

• 25022005-001.JPG
    25022005-001.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 3,725
Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandria said:
I just have to learn to get the "A" fiancee names right now! I can never seem to remember who Aimee is with and who Anita is with!

Not just that but there are 2 other "A´s" in the family already! Annette(the men must like women whose names start with "A") and Anna, the daughter of Maurits and Marilène. Congratulations to both couples.

Attachments

• PC_Av-groot.jpg
    PC_Av-groot.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,754
  • F_AS-groot.jpg
    F_AS-groot.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 4,770
Is it me or could those two lovely women pass as sisters?(On the flip side, could those two men pass as brothers? ha ha ha) Great photos. Thanks for posting them.

Aimee and Anita, respectively.

Attachments

• Aimee-groot.jpg
    Aimee-groot.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 859
  • Anita-groot.jpg
    Anita-groot.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 731
I like that necklace that Anita has on. Such a vivid color for the gemstone.

Translation of announcement from BRMB, posted by Netty

----------------------------------------
Translation (apart from the biographies of the grooms that can already be found more extensive at the website of the royal family):

The government information service announces that His Highness Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven has just made known his intention to marry Ms A.T. van Eijk in August. Also His Highness Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven has just made known his intention to marry Ms A.L.A.M. Söhngen in October. Prince Pieter-Christiaan is the third son and Prince Floris the fourth and youngest son of Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands and Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven.

His Highness Prince Pieter-Christiaan and His Highness Prince Floris have both asked the government not to introduce a permission law in the sense of article 28 of the Constitution at the States General. The government has decided to respect this wish, also paying attention to the place of the prince in the line of succession.

Anita Theodora van Eijk is the second daughter of ir. (engineer) L.A. van Eijk and Mrs J.C.M. van Eijk-Steens. Anita van Eijk was born on 27 October 1969 at Neuchâtel (Switzerland). She has an elder sister Caroline; her younger brother died when she was sixteen. She followed secondary school in Singapore and the Netherlands. Anita van Eijk got her international Baccalaureate at the Rijnlands Lyceum in Oegstgeest. In 1990 she started studying English language and literature at the University of Leiden. After her propaedeutics she started the study communication science at the University of Amsterdam where she graduated in 1996. In 1997 Anita van Eijk started working for Bloomberg in Amsterdam and was sent to London where she worked at the department Sales/Marketing and TV production. In London she afterwards worked at Christie's at the marketing department and at JPMorgan in several management functions. Anita van Eijk now establishes herself in the Netherlands as self-employed person. Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen was born on 18 October 1977 in
Amsterdam and is the eldest daughter of Mr J.H.M. Söhngen and Mrs E.L.F.M. Söhngen-Stammeijer. She has a younger brother Hans, and sister Magali, and was raised in Bussum and Naarden. In 1996 she received her gymnasium diploma at the Willem de Zwijger College in Bussum. She graduated at the University of Leiden in 2002 in business law. After her study she started working for Fortis Bank as management trainee. In the meantime she is projectmanager at Fortis Bank.

As an awnser to you Alexandria: they will not ask permission to the goverment because the royal house is large enough as it is. I believe the RF wants to downsize the Royal House. When Maurits and Bernhard married, none of Beatrix lot was married, so it was important that they would remain members of the Royal House (no one knew what the future would bring), now the royal house has grown substantialy and even more members could become a burden.

----

All Margriets daughter-in-laws could pass like sisters, and Margriet could easily pass as their mother! I think that Aimee is attractive, beautiful eyes. Now all the dutch princes will be married, all to very highly educated & intelligent women, bravo to them!

It may be a Happy Year for Dutch Royals together with the celebrations of Queen Beatrix's Silver Jubilee.

xxPatrickxx said:
I like Aimee!!

I like Aimee too, I noticed that she was really nervous at the anouncement... Anita wasn't as much..
BTW which princes are now still single?:D ;)

lovely couples! i just loved also aimee's outfit in her engagement day! she was abolutely lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom