Christening of Pieter van Vollenhoven: September 20, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone know, why the Guillermo-relatives have not been there? Are they not so closed to them as the rest of the family?

Does someone know, why the Guillermo-relatives have not been there? Are they not so closed to them as the rest of the family?
Oh yes they are,but to hop over the pond for every baptism or celebration is a tad too much as they really,really,prefer a life out of the royal spotlights.Only funerals and weddings gets them to board a KLM flight this direction and I hope the first will not be for decades to come,and I suspect the latter takes just as long now....:flowers:

Pieter,Pieter and Pieter,what a lovely picture!I think:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef0120a58972a8970b-pi

courtesy Royalblog:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes they are,but to hop over the pond for every baptism or celebration is a tad too much as they really,really,prefer a life out of the royal spotlights.Only funerals and weddings gets them to board a KLM flight this direction and I hope the first will not be for decades to come,and I suspect the latter takes just as long now....:flowers:

And what about possible weddings of Bourbon-Parma siblings? It would definitely take less time than decades...:)

Now that is something to look forward too indeed (a Bourbon-Parma wedding), the one of Carlos will be somewhat high profile at least. Still, the Guillermo's didn't attend all van Vollenhoven weddings or those of the sons of the Queen.

--
Nice to see all the young royals again btw, Julia ten Cate is really a very pretty child!

Some info, the godparents were:
- Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven
- Prince Maurits
- Jvr. Anouk van Doorn
- Sandra Chollet

As has been mentioned earlier, Pieter Maurits Erik Mark has been named after his two grand fathers, his uncle (prince Maurits) and after the soldier of Orange, the late Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema, a friend of the RF.

Pieter van Vollenhoven sr. said he found the name especially pretty ;).

Some info, the godparents were:
- Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven
- Prince Maurits
- Jvr. Anouk van Doorn
- Sandra Chollet

As has been mentioned earlier, Pieter Maurits Erik Mark has been named after his two grand fathers, his uncle (prince Maurits) and after the soldier of Orange, the late Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema, a friend of the RF.

Pieter van Vollenhoven sr. said he found the name especially pretty ;).

I'm sure he found the name cute. :flowers:
The reasons behind the name Erik is beautiful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom