Christening of Emma van Vollenhoven: August 25, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Maxima

Courtier , Picture of the Month Representative -
City
Buenos Aires
Country
Argentina
Emma Francisca Catharina, daughter of TH Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita, will be christened tomorrow at Het Loo Chapel in Apeldoorn.
Her godparents are:prins Bernhard van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Caroline van der Toorn-van Eijk, Evert-Jan Wamsteker and Alexandra Gravin de Witt-Cavard.
Het Koninklijk Huis
Emma was born on November 28th 2006.

Last edited:
I never heard of a Dutch countly family called de Witt, did anybody else? Or is it a belgian family maybe? It would be rather ironic if she was a descendend of Johan or Cornelius de Witt btw ;)

Nobles with 'Witt', 'Witte', 'With' and 'Wittert' / 'de Witt' is French nobility

I never heard of a Dutch countly family called de Witt, did anybody else? Or is it a belgian family maybe?

According to the Filiatieregister der Nederlandse Adel (Certified List of the Netherlands Nobility) the only noble families with these names' are:

Versélewel de Witt Hamer (incorporated from foreign nobility in 1982)

Van Oldebarnevelt genaamd Witte Tullingh (noble since 1815, extinct since 1941)

Van Haersma de With (noble since 1841)

Wittert (barons, older nobility recognized 1815)

I think it must be Alexandra Cavard from France:

Serge Comte de Witt (1891-1990) x Marie Bonaparte, Princess Napoléon (1912-1996)
=
Baudouin Comte de Witt (1947) x Isabelle de Rocca-Serra (1950)
=
Jean-Emmanuel Comte de Witt (1970) x Alexandra Cavard

:flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks Henri! Her husband thus is a descendant of Belgian King Leopold II as Count Serge´s mother is Princess Clementine of Belgium, youngest daughter of Leopold II and Marie-Henriette.

great news! will it be a public or private event? when will it start? hope we see all the dutch princesses, babies and children today!

It will be private. I expect one or two pictures though, as they did with the baptisms of the children of Marilene and Annette.

Awww :wub: What a precious girl! She has the van Vollenhoven look, looking so much like her daddy! And I think it's so sweet that Pieter and Anita chose their second wedding anniversary as the christening day for their daughter.

I see all the little van Vollenhovens are there, and maybe some of Anita's nieces and nephews? The Dutch RF must be like the Danish RF with the custom of letting the children come up to the font to have a better view.

lovely pictures! emma is adorable and her parents and grandparents look absolutely delighted with her. i loved the group picture... wonder if they will release any other pictures with the guests and close family?

It is rather odd that nobody of the Queens family attended. Maybe they are all still on holidays? Were princesses Irene and Christina there?

Emma is a treasure!!

In this photo ANP Beeldbank (posted by Marilyne) I can see many children close to the baby and carrying candles. Is it a tradition in Dutch Christenings?

Yes, it is. This was a very informal and familial baptism ceremony and then often the young children are placed in front to let them witness the baptism.

When Princess Ariane will be baptized (October 20th in The Hague), you can be sure that her sisters Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia, as well her cousins Countess Luana, Countess Zaria, Countess Eloïse, Count Claus-Casimir and Countess Leonore will be close to the vont and stick their fingers in the water.

:wub:

The baptisms of the children of The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima are public events, aired live on television, etc. The other baptisms inside the royal family are quite private affairs.

The candles at the baptism ceremony symbolizes the light of Christ which shines into the new Christian.

Emma is a real sweetie:wub:. Definately takes after the van Vollenhovens

Emma is soo adorable! :wub: She looks exactly like P-C! Does anyone know if there are any photos of Aimee at the baptism? I can only see her in the background of one of the pictures

She is adorable! Looks like one of the baptisms the spanish royals do, with all the kids around.

she looks cute!!!! does anyone have pics of Princess Aimee??? I haven't seen her since the announcement of her pragnancy....

Emma is so beautiful:wub:and she looks exactly like here father:) It`s a lovely family.

Apperently Princess Margriet read from the bible during the baptism and Prince Pieter-Christiaan read a letter to little Emma that was written by himself and his wife.

In just saw RTL boulevard and they had an item on the baptism.

They were surprised about the absence of Beatrix´ family and they had no explanation for it.

Thery talked shortly to Anita and PC. The reporter stared about racing, and if the prince was more carefull now he had a child. Anita noddedm aprovingly and later made a joke to the reporter that he should continue on this, obviously she doesn´t like her husband in a dangerous car ;)

The reporter also talked shortly to Aimee, the pregnancy is going well.

Rene and Natasha Froger were late but they delayed the ceremony untill they arrived. I wonder if they would have done the same if HM was there, it would be rather odd to let her wait for such a thing.

Alexandra de Witt, Emma's godmother

Countess Alexandra was at Anita's wedding 2 years ago. She was one of her witnesses. She must be Anita's very close friend.. does anyone have more info ? Does anyone have any pictures of her from Emma's christening ??

Countess Alexandra de Witt, nee Cavard , one of Anita's best friends, married in 1999 count Jean-Emmanuel de Witt.
The couple has two sons: Wladimir and Melchior.

Source: Hein Bruins/Erik (Flandrien 1302) on Nobiliana

Emma has a lovely first name. She is named after Queen Emma, Consort of King William III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom