Baptism of Benjamin van Vollenhoven: November 2, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Esslingen
Country
Germany
Benjamin van Vollenhoven was christened today in a private Ceremony at Palais Het Loo

photos: PPE Agency

Benjamin van Vollenhoven was christened today in a private Ceremony at Palais Het Loo

photos: PPE Agency

Thank you Stefan.

Another lovely family gathering,the Orange-Nassau Family is a very warm and closeknitted one.Exemplary.
:flowers:

Benjamin is such a cute baby! He has the largest blue eyes! His siblings, cousins, and the rest of the Dutch Royal Kids are very cute/handsome as well.

Is it known who little Benjamin's godparents are?

Last edited:
They seem like such a close-knit family. The pictures are wonderful.

What wonderful pictures! You gotta love Grandma Beatrix. The pictures of her carrying Ariane are just too lovely

Awesome pictures indeed! It's great to see nearly all Dutch kiddies!
(I guess Anita didn't attend because of her pregnancy).

Is it know why Friso & Family didn't attend?
And: Where Margriet&Pieter always attending? I didn't see any pictures of them.

It's great to see Magali again. She's just too adorable... like all of the other dutch kids as well. :wub:

Last edited:
Her Majesty there are pictures of Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven but didn't see any of Princess Margriet which is unusual

Perhaps she arrived late and missed the photo op?

Margriet arrived with Aimee and Magali.

PPE updated their pics and now shows the royals while leaving Het Loo. Great pics: Beatrix with glasses is holding her youngest grandchildren :8)
PPE Agency

Benjamin is such a cute baby! He has the largest blue eyes! His siblings, cousins, and the rest of the Dutch Royal Kids are very cute/handsome as well.

Is it known who little Benjamin's godparents are?

The godparents are: Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau van Vollenhoven
Mrs. Claudine Verhulst-van der Ven
Mrs Isabel Schouten-van Eys
Mrs Claire Folkerts-Drabbe

How nice so see all the children ! They are very cute

i love to see the kids, but i am surprise how maxima, dress the girls , i don't like it, all this dark colours for kids and the traditional outfit for ariana, I don't get it!!!!
but it is lovely all the photos, thank you

Wow what a lovely family!

And Princess Amalia...wow...it seems like yesterday she was just being christened. What a lovely lady. Alexia is simply adorable. Hello Ariane! Are we walking :) Laurentien's kids remind me of her...and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Love little Magali.

All the kids are so pretty!! But for my the cutiest kids are Isabella and Alexia!! Such a beautiful girls!!

+ Friso & Family were absend ,too, weren't they?

ah yes, you can see Margriet here ;)
http://gpdhome.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/02/doopbenjamin090.jpg
How cute little Magali is.

I did not see any pictures of them either, but they do live in London and have their jobs there. so to hup mover for the chritening of a child of your 1st cousin... well, I think most people wouldn't do that (esp. since there are so many of them these days).

What I found more curious is that I did not see pictures of Princess Irene, Pricness Christina or any of their children. I didn't see the Prince of Orange either btw.

-
Another thing that I find curious is that they are slightly secretive about these christenings. Princess Annette was overheard saying 'how did you know that the christening was today?' (the press knew as they were at het Loo the day before and saw signs for the staff saying that the palace was closed on sunday due to a christening). It would be nicer if they would just announce a week before or so that the christening will take place so the royalty watchers who want to go there and take a look can see them.

Nice to see that Maxima drove her own car btw, I don't think I ever saw her behind the wheel.

A clip: click on the tab 'royalty' and select 'Benjamin van Vollenhoven 3-11-2008':

RTL Boulevard

It is heartwarming to see all these very cute children (a special mention to Alexia) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom