A Boy for Prince Bernhard & Princess Annette - Benjamin: March 12, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefanie

Serene Highness
City
Somewhere in Germany
Country
Germany
She gave birth this morning to a healthy boy named Benjamin! Congratulations!!:wub:

Congrats!

His complete name is Benjamin Pieter Floris

Some information :flowers:
Baby son for Dutch Prince Bernhard

Princess Annette has given birth to a baby son: Benjamin Pieter Floris. The eigtht grandchild of Dutch Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven was born on Wednesday at 8.30 AM in Amsterdam’s "Onze Lieve Vrouwe" hospital.

"We are extremely happy and grateful for the birth of our third child", the proud parents Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette said in a statement released by the Netherlands Information Service.

Little Benjamin, who at birth weighted in at 3250 gr, has a sister, Isabella (born 2002) and a brother, Samuel (2004). He, like all the grandchildren of Princess Margriet, does not get a title. Benjamin will simply go by the last name "Van Vollenhoven".

Prince Bernhard, 38, is still in the line of succession to the Dutch throne, in eleventh place. Upon the ascension of his cousin Prince Willem-Alexander to throne, he will lose that position and will no longer be a member of the Royal House. © GPD Netherlands Press Association

Lovely news! Congrats to the family!

Congratulations to the DRF. I wish Benjamin that all his dreams come true.

With this birth ends an era in the DRF. Since the pregnancy-announcement of the third pregnancy of Princess Laurentien the most female members of the DRF were pregnant:
After the announcement of Laurentiens third pregnancy was the second pregnancy of Mabel announced. After this the pregnancy of Princess Anita was announced. Then we got to know that Princess Maxima is pregnant for the third time. Princess Aimee get pregnant after the third pregnancy of Maxima was announced, and finally Princess Annette was pregnant for the third time. Until the birth of Benjamin I thought that Princess Anita or Princess Aimee announce further pregnancies to continue this era. But now the era is over.

They broke the girl dominance pattern! Two boys in the same family, that's the first time in this generation of the DRF. Congratulations!
The names of their children go very well together, I think: Isabella, Samuel and Benjamin. Good choice!

With this birth ends an era in the DRF. Since the pregnancy-announcement of the third pregnancy of Princess Laurentien the most female members of the DRF were pregnant:
After the announcement of Laurentiens third pregnancy was the second pregnancy of Mabel announced. After this the pregnancy of Princess Anita was announced. Then we got to know that Princess Maxima is pregnant for the third time. Princess Aimee get pregnant after the third pregnancy of Maxima was announced, and finally Princess Annette was pregnant for the third time. Until the birth of Benjamin I thought that Princess Anita or Princess Aimee announce further pregnancies to continue this era. But now the era is over.

Era over?Nah,don't think so,you might be in for a surprise...:)

Congrats to Bernhard, Annette, Isabella, Samuel and the other members of their family.

Congratulations for the birth and the beautiful name

Congratulations to the whole family!!! Great news! Nice name!

Era over?Nah,don't think so,you might be in for a surprise...:)

:cool: That would be nice. (IMO both Maxima and Aimée will have good news to say this year..sorry for the off-topic.)

Congratulations for the birth ********

And what about Princess Margarita (de Bourbon Parma)? Her pregnancy was announced about 3 weeks ago, and she's a kind of member of the DRF ;)

Congrratulations To The Family And Welcome Benjamin!

This is wonderful news! Congrats to the whole family. Another boy it's about time:flowers:

Ah, Margarita DOES count! She is a Prinses van Bourbon-Parma in the Dutch nobility, and she's kind of part of the Dutch Royal Family since her mother is a Dutch princess :)

I thought for SURE Bernhard and Annette would continue the trend and have another girl. After I held out that Floris and Aimee would finally break the tradition and have a son and they didn't, I figured the DRF was forever doomed to have firstborns be girls and second borns be boys (except for poor Willem and Friso who have no little boys) and the third borns to be girls.

I'm glad one of the Dutch princes finally broke the trend, though poor Isabella will be (for now) the only one with two brothers instead of one or none! But I except Clausimir, Lucas and Sam will be happy to have a new boy cousin/brother!

Congratulations to the entire family! I've always liked the name Benjamin, and it seems to go with Isabella and Samuel well. I also heard that it means "beloved youngest son", which is really sweet.

Congratulations to the family! I love the name!

Congrats to the family!!

I'm sure Benjamin will be a cutie too. Like Isabella and Samuel :wub:

Congratulations to Annette, Bernhard, Isabella and Sam! :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers: Lovely news - I guessed it would be a boy ;)

Congratulations to Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette!

The DRF seem to go for more "common" names for the children, at least on the first name. We see Eloise, Alexia, Ariane, Isabella, Lucas, etc. so Benjamin does not surprise me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom