The Duke and Duchess of Bragança and Family: January 2015 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

I believe that the presentation was 3 or 4 weeks ago already.

The book seems to be one of these semi-historic & romantic 'novels' which are so popular in Portugal. Not a real history book, not a real novel either, just pulp. In Portuguese bookshops you can barely find a real history book these days.

D. Duarte in tribute to June 10 fighters
D.Duarte na homenagem aos combatentes do 10 de Junho - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

The Portuguese royal family was in Brussels, the European Commission, to present the prize Prince of Beira
Família Real Portuguesa esteve em Bruxelas, na Comissão Europeia, para apresentar o Prémio Príncipe da Beira - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

D. Duarte and d. Afonso received in Viseu with concert in the Cathedral
D.Duarte e D.Afonso recebidos em Viseu com concerto na Sé - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

The Portuguese royal family visited the Vista Alegre porcelain factory in Ilhavo
Família Real Portuguesa visitaram a Fábrica de Porcelana da Vista Alegre em Ílhavo - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any member of the Royal Family attend the Final of the European Cup in Paris?

Officially the portuguese guests of honour were led by President Senhor Marcelo Nunes Duarte Rebelo de Sousa. Last week the Portugese Parliament -unanimously- gave consent for the President's dislocation. Apparently (as a formality) Parliament has to approve the President leaving the country.

I can not imagine someone at UEFA thinking about the Duke of Braganza. I have not seen a Portuguese royal, but it was hectic of course.

Last edited:
Did any member of the Royal Family attend the Final of the European Cup in Paris?

I don't think so. I think the Royal family does not usually attend this kind of events.

CR7 is kind of portuguese royalty on his own, of course... ;-)

It seems that the two sons were also present.

Is that prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, sitting behind the duchess in the boat?

D. Duarte in honor of d. Maria Adelaide de Bragança van Uden
D.Duarte na homenagem a D. Maria Adelaide de Bragança van Uden - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

D. currency Catherine of Braganza thrown at the Military Academy
Moeda D.Catarina de Bragança lançada na Academia Militar - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

D.Duarte handed the prize Infante d. Henrique in Torres Vedras
D.Duarte entregou o Prémio Infante D.Henrique em Torres Vedras - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

Conference of the Duke of Braganza in FDUL: the Spiritual Heritage of the Portugality
Conferência do Duque de Bragança na FDUL: O Património Espiritual da Portugalidade - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

It seems that the two sons were also present.

Is that prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, sitting behind the duchess in the boat?

At first I thought it was Prince Guillaume, but I believe the gentleman is a priest. It looks like he's wearing the Roman collar.:flowers:

Great that the former royal family is still involved in these state ceremonies.

Dom Duarte is a descendant of D. Nuno Alvares Pereira. D. Nuno's only child, a daughter called Beatriz Pereira de Alvim, married D. Afonso, 1st duke of Bragança, bastard of King João I of Portugal. I suppose that explains his attendance and founder of the house of Bragança.

D. Nuno has been declared a saint by the last pope Benedict.

Last edited:
Message from the 1st December of the Duke of Bragança

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0TuFx9BNmE

Dukes of Braganza in the ceremony to mark the day of Restoration

Duques de Bragança na cerimónia comemorativa do Dia da Restauração - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

Duchess of Braganza celebrates 50 years with a mass and dinner
Duquesa de Bragança celebra 50 anos com uma missa e um jantar - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

Portuguese Royal Family at the Dinner of the Conjurers of Lisbon 2016
Família Real Portuguesa no Jantar dos Conjurados de Lisboa 2016 - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

A tribute to the King D. Afonso Henriques, in front of his statue in the Sacred Hill, marked the beginning of the Kings Dinner of the Portuguese Royal House that is taking place in the Palace of the Dukes of Bragança.
Around 8:00 pm, D. Duarte Pio participated in the tribute paid to the First King of Portugal, in a ceremony that preceded the dinner of Kings in which 300 people participate.
With the joint purpose of helping the "Boys of Bissauzinho" project in Guinea-Bissau, the dinner organized by the Portuguese Royal House has representatives of the Royal House of Rwanda, the Royal House of Hawaii and the Royal House of Egypt, including His Majesty the King Yuhi VI of Rwanda, Princess Owana Salazar, Chief of the Royal Household of Hawaii, and Prince Osman Rifat Hibrahim of the Egyptian Royal Household.
Jantar de Reis da Casa Real Portuguesa - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias
Real Associação da Beira Litoral: PRIMEIRAS FOTOGRAFIAS E IMAGENS DO JANTAR DE REIS GUIMARÃES 2017
https://www.facebook.com/JANTAR.DE.REIS/

Back
Top Bottom