The Duke and Duchess of Bragança and Family: January 2015 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Consecration of Prince Afonso to Our Lady of Lapa.

Fulfilling a centuries-old tradition, HRH The Prince of Beira will consecrate themselves to Our Lady in the Shrine of Lapa (Sernancelhe, Viseu) continuing the action taken by the edge of the princes and princesses when they reach adulthood.
The day before, the Royal Family will be received in a formal ceremony by the President of the House Sernancelhe.
In this simple act shall be made-story, as will renew the close and emotional bond between the people of Beira and her Prince.
Consagração do Infante D.Afonso à Nossa Senhora da Lapa - A Monarquia Portuguesa

Last edited:
:previous: What a beautiful tradition. I imagine there will be photos Blog Real?

The second edition of Duke Port Cup ended last Sunday, the 19th of September and even surpassed the success of last year. On the same day, also at Estela Golf Club, there was a very participated delivery dining awards, with the presence of the Duke of Braganza and the Infante Dom Dinis, the Duke of Oporto.
Final da Taça Duque do Porto 2015 com a presença de D.Duarte e D.Dinis - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias
Final da Taça Duque do Porto 2015 com a presença de D.Duarte e D.Dinis - A Monarquia Portuguesa
Real Associação da Beira Litoral: FINAL DA TAÇA DUQUE DO PORTO 2015

Interview to the Dukes of Bragança

Today there are night the Portuguese TV channel SIC will issue an interview to the Dukes of Bragança. D.Duarte and D.Isabel will remember your wedding day and will talk about the situation of the country and the political momentum we are experiencing.

Interview to the Dukes of Bragança

Today there are night the Portuguese TV channel SIC will issue an interview to the Dukes of Bragança. D.Duarte and D.Isabel will remember your wedding day and will talk about the situation of the country and the political momentum we are experiencing.

Do you know what time it will air (GMT time) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The pretender to the throne have any questions about the stability that the left agreements may give the country, but sees it as "healthy" different parties to understand. On the Left Bloc, Duarte Pio does not express opinion, but has "confidence in the seriousness of the Communist Party."
D. Duarte daria posse a António Costa - Renascença

:previous:What is this message? I don't understand anything ;)

It focusses on the relationship with Timor Leste, which apparently celebrates its 500th anniversary this year. Timor Leste is one of the causes of Dom Duarte I believe.

:previous:Yes, East Timor is one of the causes of Dom Duarte.

The article says that it is the first time that Dom Duarte attends the festivities. Is this the twon Sta. M. da Feira in Beja or close to Aveiro? Apparently there are two of them.

Dona Isabel on January 3rd:
http://caras.sapo.pt/famosos/2016-0...-meus-filhos-crescerem-felizes-e-equilibrados

-> She tells Caras that she thinks it's good to see how her children are growing up to be happy and balaced

She said so while she was visiting a party of the designer & sculpturer Paulo Ramunni in Lisbon.

Last edited:
To 20 years, Afonso, who received at birth the title of Prince of Beira, is the patron of the newly created Préadmio Prince of Beira Biomedical Sciences. At the award ceremony in the Hall of the Municipal Council of Guimarães, was visible the nervousness of the eldest son of the Dukes of Braganza before that it was the first public act presided. An unjustified nervousness, but cordial and friendly, the eldest son of King Duarte and Isabel of Braganza was much applauded at the end of his speech. "Last year, when my parents told me they were going to establish the prize Prince of Beira, through Fundação d. Manuel II, I was surprised, but I found fanadtástico. I was a little nervous during the ceremony, it was the first time, but I think it's very important to motivate the remarkable work of the young Portuguese and continue to promote advances in the sciences, "said the GUYS.
Alfonso stressed like symbolism to associate the premium for the city that is the cradle of the nation ", leaving shooting next to an image of the first King of Portugal, Afonso Henriadques. The study Interadnacionais Relations and political science at the University Lusíada, Lisbon, the first-born of the Dukes of Braganza is like course and says it hopes to soon make an Erasmus year.
It is recalled that Alfonso did his secondary education in England, a Catholic boarding school with a strong component of military training. And despite being still very young, he says he wants to continue the work of parents and represent the Royal House "in the future I'd like to follow in the footsteps of my father. With the course I'm taking, I'm with bases in response to what he has been doing. And I feel increasingly prepared. "
With the serenity that characterizes, d. Isabel watched in the first row to the speech of the son, and in the end, shared with us: "I am very proud as a mother, but also as portuguesa, by seeing my son to support scientific research in Portugal. I confess that when I visited the facilities of the University of Minho I was fascinated with the work there. Science in Portugal must be supported and encouraged, we have extraordinary people who deserve to see your work recognized and cherished. I'm very glad that my son wanted to give its name to a prize for science, because it is one of the paths of Portugal. "
Glad to see Alfonso to represent the Royal House and to assume the leading role in this ceremony, d. Isabel added that the son "is more passionate about Portugal and has already made it known that he wants to continue the work of serving the country. And that's pretty much. "
A commitment to the future of the country that the Duchess faces with naturalness, stressing: "my kids [in addition to Afonso, d. Duarte and Isabel are the parents of Frances and Dinis] grew up with the sense of serving Portugal. We're here to do things, but we also know that it's a big responsibility. So, I want them to grow up and do things the best way. The important thing is that they are good at what they do, to feel good. "
Afonso de Bragança herdou do seu pai o espírito de dedicação a Portugal - Caras
Photos:
http://images-cdn.impresa.pt/caras/2016-04-19-JNS-PB40-2.JPG-1?mw=820
http://images-cdn.impresa.pt/caras/2016-04-19-JNS-PB36-2.JPG?mw=820

Reactions: eya
It was more than visible that he has no practise in delivering speeches. Much too serious and gloomy IMO. He looked like speaking at a funeral....

:previous:

The young lady by his side is Ulrica Maria Oom Lowndes Marques, grand daugher of Paolo Lowndes Maques, former under minister of Foreign Affairs in the early 80-ties.

On May 4th Dom Duarte and Dona Isabel went to the Palacio de Indepencia to receive the first copy of the book written by the duke of Anjou, husband of the duchess de Cadaval. The book titled 'Os conjurados de 1640' deals with the forty conspirators that got rid of the Habsburg monarchy in Portugal and declared Portugal's independance from Spain with the duke of Bragança as king. The book is a historical novel, a very popular genre in Portugal.

Família Real Portuguesa: DUQUES DE BRAGANÇA NA APRESENTAÇÃO DO LIVRO "OS CONJURADOS DE 1640"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom