The Duke and Duchess of Bragança and Family: February 2008- December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newspaper El País has a report about HRH The Duke of Brangança: “Es una responsabilidad: asumir la cabeza de una casa real con casi mil años de historia. Y servir al pueblo donde el pueblo diga, reinando o no” (It´s a responsability: being the head of a royal house with almost a thousand years. And representing the people, reigning or not)

Retrato de un rey sin reino | Gente | EL PAÍS

Thanks for sharing, tdarlene.

This is a wonderful interview with D.Duarte. And the photos are great too. It's nice to know more about his house in S. Pedro de Sintra, which by description seems to be beautiful and have one of those typical unique gardens of Sintra.

here are a few links to the last visits made by D. Duarte

January 19th: Visit to Associação Famílias (Families Association)
Manuel Beninger: Visita à Associação Famílias de Sua Alteza Real, o Senhor Dom Duarte de Bragança

A charity in S. Mamede de Infesta
Manuel Beninger: S.A.R., Dom Duarte de Bragança em S. Mamede de Infesta

Celebrating the 41st anniversary of the Unite Arab Emirates
Manuel Beninger: S.A.R., Dom Duarte de Bragança no 41.º Dia Nacional dos Emirados Árabes Únidos

Mass in the Church of Santa Luzia, the national headquarters of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
Manuel Beninger: SS.AA.RR., os Senhores Duques de Bragança, no descerramento de uma imagem da Rainha Santa Isabel

Lunch of the Conjures organized by the Royal Association of Coimbra
Manuel Beninger: S.A.R. o Senhor Dom Duarte, Duque de Bragança no "Almoço de Conjura" em Coimbra

In the website, there are more. It's a great place to follow D. Duarte's activities

Today (July 9th), the Duke and Duchess of Braganza attended the inauguration of the new Patriarch, Dom Manuel Clemente in Lisbon, Portugal. Below is a short article from Noblesse & Royautes of the event:

Google Translate

HRH the Duke of Braganza was present at the Beatification of Queen Maria Cristina of Two Sicilies so he met the Heads of the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and of Savoy.

Soon HRH the Prince of Beira will be 18. There will be only a Thanksgiving Mass?

A mass, what an exciting gift for an 18 y/o ;).

Caras has some pictures of the prince: Afonso de Bragança festeja 18.º aniversário - Caras.pt

A importância de um Príncipe Herdeiro fazer 18 anos |

Apparently there have been masses in Lisbon, Aveiro, Braga, Porto, Coimbra, Viana do Castelo, Santarem.

I highly doubt the Mass was the only present The Prince of Beira got, but, for true believer, a Mass can be a wonderful present - I would love one for my birthday. :flowers:

In fact, I think the Masses was a kind of "national" celebration, so the Royal Family could share and celebrate such a big event with the monarchists.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The prayer made by His Royal Highness was very beautiful:

"My Lord, God of the Universe,
In celebrating eighteen years life,
At this soil that is my homeland,
I thank you for the people to which I belong entirely,
And for my whole family,

In my blood, I carry the Mission of serving the common good.
Before You, I come to ask the gift of, with Your Grace,
Correspond what is expected of me.

Give me, Father of Mercy,
Wisdon to speak in favor of the weak.
Enlighten my steps,
In the insecure fragility of time.
Strengthen my soul,
In the creative fidelity in which You inspires me.

In this land of Saint Mary, O God of goodness,
I trust Thee my life.
Amen."

Causa Imperial, the bigest monarchist group of Brazil, paid tribute to The Prince. His paternal grandmother was a Princess of Orleans-Braganza and the Imperial Family of Brazil and the Royal Family of Portugal are, obviously, intrinsically linked.

https://www.facebook.com/CausaImper...0092569363150/690975564274845/?type=1&theater

I highly doubt the Mass was the only present The Prince of Beira got, but, for true believer, a Mass can be a wonderful present - I would love one for my birthday. :flowers:

In fact, I think the Masses was a kind of "national" celebration, so the Royal Family could share and celebrate such a big event with the monarchists.

I think that too, the Mass was a more public and national celebration where the monarchists had the opportunity to congratulate the Príncipe da Beira for his 18th birthday. There were, then, the private celebrations, with Afonso having a normal party with his friends, I assume.

In those blogs above, you can see that Afonso was given a sculpture of N.Senhora da Estrela do Lar by Irene Vilar.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lMJQHfOOR.../WDcl63vgShQ/s1600/Príncipe+da+Beira+(46).JPG

Monarquia TV was present and it seems by the photos that Afonso and his parents gave some interviews. They say in their facebook that videos will soon be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom