Luís Filipe, Prince Royal of Portugal (1887 - 1908)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
Luís Filipe, Prince Royal of Portugal, Duke of Braganza (21 March 1887 – 1 February 1908).
Luís Filipe Maria Carlos Amélio Francisco Víctor Manuel António Lourenço Miguel Rafael Gabriel Gonzaga Xavier Francisco de Assis Bento was born in Lisbon, the elder son of Carlos, Prince Royal of Portugal (later King Carlos I of Portugal), and Princess Amélie d'Orléans, a member of the House of Braganza.

Two years after his birth, Dom Luís Filipe inherited all his father's royal princely titles when his father became king. He was himself re-styled Prince Royal, and at the same time inherited the Dukedom of Braganza (as 21st Duke), which brought with it the largest private fortune in Portugal at that time, completely at the disposal of the heir to the Portuguese crown. In English, he is sometimes, but inaccurately, called "Crown Prince of Portugal".

In 1907, the Prince Royal acted as regent of the kingdom while his father was outside the country. The same year he made a very successful official visit to the Portuguese colonies in Africa, the first member of the royal family ever to visit them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luís_Filipe,_Prince_Royal_of_Portugal

Around the time of Dom Luís' assassination, negotiations for marriage to his cousin Princess Patricia of Connaught were underway. Princess Patricia was the granddaughter of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, the daughter of British Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, and Princess Louise Margaret of Prussia.

If Prince Luís Filipe had not been murdered, would Luís Filipe and Princess Patricia of Connaught have married?

Prince Luís Filipe of Portugal

Historical Recreation - Visit of Prince D. Luís Filipe to Ponte de Lima in 1901:

Thanks for the information!

I have to say the music used for the videos above is overwhelming. A nice soft piano music would have been better to our ears, mid video I was expecting Valkyries to storm out of the monitor :lol:

If Prince Luís Filipe had not been murdered, who would he have married?

I only know that there were negotiations for Luis Filipe to marry Princess Patricia of Connaught. But I already read that she turned down the proposal.

Back
Top Bottom