The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2017, 02:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretijean View Post
What if Sarah needs her wedding tiara for the event herself? She would wear her tiara versus something borrowed from QEII. [.....]
I believe we have to go back before the Great War (1914-1918) to find a British royal wedding with more than one diadem. And who knows... maybe the Princesses will go for low key weddings in such a typical Cotswold village with limestone cottages, floral hanging baskets and stone-tiled roofs and go bohémemien, with myrtle or flowers instead of diamonds.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Majesty

Highly doubtful. Even among the gentry, if a family had a tiara, bride more then often wears it. Even if they married say at Balmoral, they will wear a tiara. Zara and autumn did, and they are private citizens, the Yorks will.

But yes, the only tiara will be on the bride. Even the semi state or state weddings in the Uk that is the case.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Courtier

I could see the york girls attending state banquets and the diplomatic corps reception in the future.

Actually i wouldn't be surprised if beatrice attended the upcoming USA state visit it's customary that they invite people with association to the visiting country and beatrice is developing for a while her own business in the usa.

I think the Queen will leave for them pieces that they can use as a tiara for formal events or as something else in less formal events and everyday use something like a fringe tiara that they could wear as a tiara and as a necklace.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
I could see the york girls attending state banquets and the diplomatic corps reception in the future.

Actually i wouldn't be surprised if beatrice attended the upcoming USA state visit it's customary that they invite people with association to the visiting country and beatrice is developing for a while her own business in the usa.

I think the Queen will leave for them pieces that they can use as a tiara for formal events or as something else in less formal events and everyday use something like a fringe tiara that they could wear as a tiara and as a necklace.
I certainly hope that the York girls do not start to attend State banquet or start to represent the nation in any way.

As regards HM leaving them any jewellery, that's really a private matter. A few small pieces as a personal momento is is okay, but I hope they do not get much more than that and the royal collection of jewellery is kept intact . I am sure they will be happier inheriting some cash.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Senior royal ladies only have a few tiara occasions a year. For the one or two times in their lives the Yorks will need a tiara one can be loaned.

Andrew has millions in the bank. He can always splash some cash and buy a couple if they really want one that bad.

They certainly won't be left tiaras by The Queen
Old 08-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As regards HM leaving them any jewellery, that's really a private matter. A few small pieces as a personal momento is is okay, but I hope they do not get much more than that and the royal collection of jewellery is kept intact . I am sure they will be happier inheriting some cash.
The Queen has several nice demi parues consisting of smaller necklaces and earrings like the sapphire tassel necklace or the emerald tassel necklace. I think pieces like this wold be ideal for the York Pricnesses as they can also be worn to less formell Events.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Serene Highness

They will certainly need Tiaras for the Coronation of their Uncle, [and after him] for their Cousin.. but they could borrow for those occasions either from the Royal collection or elsewhere..
Otherwise, since they won't be at Banquets or Diplomatic receptions there is no need for personal ownership or permanent loans of 'official jewels' of this sort.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
They will certainly need Tiaras for the Coronation of their Uncle, [and after him] for their Cousin.. but they could borrow for those occasions either from the Royal collection or elsewhere..
Otherwise, since they won't be at Banquets or Diplomatic receptions there is no need for personal ownership or permanent loans of 'official jewels' of this sort.
Assuming that the dresscode somewhere in 2020 or so will be the same as in 1953. Society has changed as never before. The Hereditary Peers are virtually removed from the House of Lords with only a little handful left. We will see hundreds of Peeresses (in their own right or as spouse to a Peer) with barely a pair of earrings in their drawer. Even aristocrat families have sold jewels for cash, so it remains to see what the dresscode will be for Charles' or William's Coronation.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The historical stuff is largely part of the Royal Collection so it avoids death duties or other inheritance taxes. The BRF are first and foremost concerned with keeping all the goodies safe for their use and having had a few well-known pieces associated with a royal e.g. the Poltimore tiara end up being sold even some of the formally private pieces were handed over to the Royal Collection to prevent that from happening again.

What about a piece like Kate's engagement ring?
Since it once belonged to Diana, would it be considered part of the collection?
Or is it Kate's personal property, to be worn or sold if she pleases?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Engagements rings are always personal property so Diana's ring was her personal property to leave to her sons and for them to do with as they saw fit.

It is now Kate's personal property.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Tiaras for Beatrice and Eugenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Why would she sell her engagement ring? Even if she divorced William, she is not going to be poor. The ring will be left to most likely George and kept in the family.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

That ring now belongs to Catherine in her personal capacity. William and Harry paid inheritance tax on Diana's estate. This would have covered her personal jewelry, including her engagement ring.

Going forward, Catherimr is free to leace the ring to whomsoever she would like to. Should Catherine pass away after she is Queen and she leaves it to the monarch of the day, no tax would be payable.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I certainly hope that the York girls do not start to attend State banquet or start to represent the nation in any way.

Although i don't know why do you think that the york girl representing the nation would be a bad thing but like i said it's customary that they invite people with association to the visiting country to state banquet.

in the last spanish state visit to the uk they invited Lady Gabriella Windsor who lived for years in spain and used to write for the Spanish Hello! to the state banquet and last year they invited Lady Charlotte Santo Domingo the daughter of The Duke of Wellington and Princess Antonia of Prussia to the colombian state banquet cause her husband is a colombian billionaire.

as for the Queen leaving pieces for them like i said she probably going to give them something versatile that they could wear as a tiara or as a necklace/brooch.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Although i don't know why do you think that the york girl representing the nation would be a bad thing but like i said it's customary that they invite people with association to the visiting country to state banquet.

in the last spanish state visit to the uk they invited Lady Gabriella Windsor who lived for years in spain and used to write for the Spanish Hello! to the state banquet and last year they invited Lady Charlotte Santo Domingo the daughter of The Duke of Wellington and Princess Antonia of Prussia to the colombian state banquet cause her husband is a colombian billionaire.
Neither Lady Gabriella Windsor or Lady Charlotte Santo Domingo have had the bad press Princess Beatrice has received. In addition, Queen Letizia was a former journalist, hence having a lot in common and probably moved in the same media circles as Lady Gabriella. Lady Charlotte's husband is a Colombian businessman and philanthropist, where he does a lot of work in funding cancer research and helping Colombian entrepreneurs and their businesses. He also manages the vast Santo Domingo Group. With such a connection, there is no wonder why she was invited to the Colombian State Dinner.

The Royal Family are strategic; they will not invite two Princesses, who are perceived to be work-shy and spongers, to be part of an international event like a State Dinner. Yes, Beatrice has worked in the US, but that was for a very short amount of time.

Quote:
as for the Queen leaving pieces for them like i said she probably going to give them something versatile that they could wear as a tiara or as a necklace/brooch.
I doubt she will leave jewellery to either of the Princesses, Lady Louise or Zara.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Why would she sell her engagement ring? Even if she divorced William, she is not going to be poor. The ring will be left to most likely George and kept in the family.

I'm not saying she would, just asking whether she could.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
The Royal Family are strategic; they will not invite two Princesses, who are perceived to be work-shy and spongers, to be part of an international event like a State Dinner. Yes, Beatrice has worked in the US, but that was for a very short amount of time.
The York princesses currently attend visible events. I can see them attending state dinners during Queen Elizabeth's or William's reign but not Charles.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
The York princesses currently attend visible events. I can see them attending state dinners during Queen Elizabeth's or William's reign but not Charles.
I doubt that; I read once that Beatrice appealed to William to help her become part of the Firm, and William refused.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:05 PM
Courtier

There's a big difference between William, as heir to the heir, going to bat for Beatrice with his father and/or grandmother to have her be a working royal and William, when he is monarch, inviting his York cousins to a state dinner.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
There's a big difference between William, as heir to the heir, going to bat for Beatrice with his father and/or grandmother to have her be a working royal and William, when he is monarch, inviting his York cousins to a state dinner.
Let us assume that Prince William will be King in 20 years time. He will have his spouse Catherine, his brother Prince Henry, his brother's spouse, his son the Duke of Cornwall (an adult) and his daughter Princess Charlotte (an adult). Not so long after this we will possibly see a Duchess of Cornwall as well (George's wife) and the spouse of Princess Charlotte. This apart from his royal aunt and uncles. The chance that King William will ever request his cousines for a State Banquet is very small, as the named group seems sufficient, also given the desire for a smaller royal family.

Hors Categorie:

The King (William)
The Queen (Catherine)
The Dowager (Camilla)
The Prince of Wales (George)
The Princess of Wales

1st category

The Princess Charlotte
Charlotte's spouse
The Prince Henry
Henry's spouse
The Princess Royal (Anne)
Vice-Admiral Laurence
The Duke of York (Andrew)
The Duke of Edinburgh (Edward)
The Duchess of Edinburgh (Sophie)

2nd category

Mr Peter Phillips
Ms Autumn Phillips
Ms Zara Tindall
Mr Michael Tindall
Princess Beatrice of York
Beatrice's spouse
Princess Eugenie of York
Eugenie's spouse
Lord James Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Wessex
Lady James Mountbatten-Windsor, Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
Louise's spouse
Old 08-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think there's a chance that they might participate in future state dinners if the visiting country is one that Prince Andrew is close to, even when Charles is monarch.

I personally would rather see the York girls borrow tiaras from HM for their weddings. I don't like the York tiara. I want the Oriental Circlet for Beatrice, and the Strathmore Rose for Eugenie.

Tags
beatrice, eugenie, tiara, york