The Queen Mother's Jewellery from Mrs Greville

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both styles of the Bouche are beautiful, but I think I like the remodelled version better with the diamond motifs breaking up the solidness of the tiara. It looks wonderful on Camilla and she can certainly carry this mighty tiara nestled in her hair, but I have to admit that I love the Queen Mother primping at her mirror wearing it.

Agree with most of you, I like the revised version better on the tiara, it fit the Queen mum better, and I like the height on Camilla too.........

Now, that's news to me too.
The brooch is wonderful but I always thought it was one of a kind too, and not one of a pair.

The enormous sapphire and diamond brooch The Queen Mother gave to Princess Diana as a wedding present is from the Greville bequest. I have also heard the Kunzite and Diamond centerpiece in Camilla's pearl choker is also from the Greville collection of jewels.

Wow that's amazing about there being a pair of Mrs Ronnie Greville's ruby brooches. Perhaps HM could loan one of them to Kate to wear to an important do. Or to Sophie perhaps. They are a lovely pair of brooches when photographed in the right light.

I agree, I think Camilla & Catherine would look great in The Queen Mother's Jewels. I was wondering what happened to the brooch that The Queen Mother gave Diana as a wedding present. I haven't seen it since then.

Dman said:
I agree, I think Camilla & Catherine would look great in The Queen Mother's Jewels. I was wondering what happened to the brooch that The Queen Mother gave Diana as a wedding present. I haven't seen it since then.

Hopefully, we'll see it again on Catherine soon!

Thank you very much Spheno. I didn't know it's a pair because I've not bought Angela Kelly's book yet.

There is a photo of the QM wearing it on a State visit. The stones look dark blue but in fact are emeralds.

Britannia: Fellow Travellers of the Right: Dame Margaret Helen Greville

It is splendid! Has it ever been worn by the current Queen? It is truly wonderful.

From the blog: "In 1907, Margaret Greville purchased an emerald necklace which once belonged to Marie Antoinette. It was bought from Boucheron's, the French jewellery house located in Paris.

"Marie Antoinette, Queen of France, became a victim of the French Revolution and was executed by guillotine on 16 October 1793. After her death the necklace disappeared from sight until Margaret Greville bought it in 1907.

"When Margaret Greville died in 1942, she left her house at Polesden Lacey to the National Trust and she bequeathed the Marie Antoinette necklace and the rest of her jewels to her friend the Queen Mother."

That is a very long while for the necklace to be out of sight. How do we know it is Marie Antoinette's necklace for certain, I wonder. Who had it for over 100 years?

:previous: 'A little on the large side'! :lol: Yes, it's immense! A real statement piece, but with the right outfit and combined with understated earrings it could look gorgeous, even nowadays.

Perhaps as a hairpiece.

Perhaps as a hairpiece.
That would look beautiful with Kate's full, long hair. But it's not much the British style. The British Royals seam to either do the full tiara thing, or no hair jewels at all.

This tiara is just wow!! And on Camilla is perfect!

Yes, Camilla can rock the big gun tiaras. The Greville is beautiful but it takes a certain person to be able to pull it off IMO and Camilla does.

I think the current Queen is very pragmatic about her jewels and while she already has two or three emerald necklaces to wear she see's no need to introduce another into rotation.

I think the current Queen is very pragmatic about her jewels and while she already has two or three emerald necklaces to wear she see's no need to introduce another into rotation.

Thats correct. She has her favourites, and probably does not care too much about introducing newer pieces at this stage of her life.

So is Diana's famous sapphire and diamond choker from the Greville jewels?

Back
Top Bottom