The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
...Gold and emerald isn't a flattering combo, imo, and doesn't match with much...The Queen has nothing to wear it with.
The Queen does, and she has...

-> EIIR Emeralds & Gold, November 2004

Provenance unknown.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

These pieces certainly have a Middle Eastern flair. Personally, they are not my style at all--too much gold.
But, I would love to see HRH The Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Greville emeralds--with a tiara besides the Boucheron. That is getting quite boring.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I found a wonderful, albeit b&w, close-up of the v-shaped diamond and ruby necklace. Its such a beautiful piece of jewelry, I hope we get to see it on Kate one day soon.

ps, it takes a few seconds to upload, comes up after the black cat.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:09 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

A very beautiful necklace! Thanks Princejohnny.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've just got The Queen's Jewels by Leslie Fields and am loving it. I saw in the book that the necklace also has matching earrings but I do not think they have ever been worn.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Hello fellow jewel addicts,

Im trying to gather pictures of all the jewels that were part of the Greville Inheritance. Does anyone know where I can find a listing of all the jewels inherited? So far I've got...Let me if they are correct and what needs to be added. Cheers!

Tiaras: The Honeycomb P.Anne Mystery

Necklaces: Diamond Necklace Ruby Bandeau Emerald Necklace

Earrings: Modern Chandelier Diamond Drop

Brooches: Ruby and Diamond
These are gorgeous! I love those earrings and the emerald necklace!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if anyone else, having seen photos of the Honeycomb in it's original classic setting, prefers it to the overly titivated Mighty Bouche that we see today?

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara

I have to admit, I would love to see Camilla wearing it in it's original incarnation, with it's almost Russian lines, along with the fabulous three string diamond necklace.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The original looks almost like a kokoshnik and it's beautiful; but I think I prefer the modified version.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am breathless I can see myself wearing those gorgeous earrings ... and the diamond necklace .... I remain speechless ....
Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I am breathless I can see myself wearing those gorgeous earrings ... and the diamond necklace .... I remain speechless ....
Ths tiara is gorgeous and IMHO, perfect for Camilla. I do like the original the best though.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Both styles of the Bouche are beautiful, but I think I like the remodelled version better with the diamond motifs breaking up the solidness of the tiara. It looks wonderful on Camilla and she can certainly carry this mighty tiara nestled in her hair, but I have to admit that I love the Queen Mother primping at her mirror wearing it.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agree with most of you, I like the revised version better on the tiara, it fit the Queen mum better, and I like the height on Camilla too.........
Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Surfing the net, I've just found a photo of the Queen Mother wearing TWO Greville ruby brooches. I've always thought there was only ONE of that kind!
You can find the photo here: Risultato della ricerca immagini di Google per http://images.theage.com.au/ftage/ffximage/2009/03/30/liz_bw1_gallery__513x400.jpg
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyend View Post
Surfing the net, I've just found a photo of the Queen Mother wearing TWO Greville ruby brooches. I've always thought there was only ONE of that kind!
You can find the photo here: Risultato della ricerca immagini di Google per http://images.theage.com.au/ftage/ffximage/2009/03/30/liz_bw1_gallery__513x400.jpg
Yes.
Picture from new Angela Kelly book:
Old 11-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Now, that's news to me too.
The brooch is wonderful but I always thought it was one of a kind too, and not one of a pair.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The enormous sapphire and diamond brooch The Queen Mother gave to Princess Diana as a wedding present is from the Greville bequest. I have also heard the Kunzite and Diamond centerpiece in Camilla's pearl choker is also from the Greville collection of jewels.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Wow that's amazing about there being a pair of Mrs Ronnie Greville's ruby brooches. Perhaps HM could loan one of them to Kate to wear to an important do. Or to Sophie perhaps. They are a lovely pair of brooches when photographed in the right light.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Majesty

I agree, I think Camilla & Catherine would look great in The Queen Mother's Jewels. I was wondering what happened to the brooch that The Queen Mother gave Diana as a wedding present. I haven't seen it since then.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman
I agree, I think Camilla & Catherine would look great in The Queen Mother's Jewels. I was wondering what happened to the brooch that The Queen Mother gave Diana as a wedding present. I haven't seen it since then.
Hopefully, we'll see it again on Catherine soon!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you very much Spheno. I didn't know it's a pair because I've not bought Angela Kelly's book yet.

Tags
greville, jewellery