Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am convinced that it was her choice to go without jewels. She hardly ever wears any. And she has been to another Swedish royal wedding before. She was there when the dress code for her own wedding was chosen and when her own invitations were prepared. It's not so difficult to understand. How can it be just ill advise?

I am convinced that it was her choice to go without jewels. She hardly ever wears any. And she has been to another Swedish royal wedding before. She was there when the dress code for her own wedding was chosen and when her own invitations were prepared. It's not so difficult to understand. How can it be just ill advise?

Because it pains me to think she's just ignoring the dress code/rules/wishes of the bride. It's an embarrassment.

Another thought: are the jewels that the Princess of Monaco has her private property or can others in the family use it,
in other words, now that P.Charlene has no use for them (which is fine, that's her lifestyle), can we expect to see for instance Charlotte Casiraghi or the soon-to-be-wives of Pierre and Andrea in the Ocean tiara and other illustrious jewelry?
I would imagine for instance Beatrice Borromeo could have the flair for it....?

I thought those were Charlene's property, so if she wants to share.....

But I think any of the jewels she got for her wedding would've looked good with the outfits she chose to wear at the weddings.

I think we are judging very soon . I don't remember Charlene attending a high profile event requiring tiaras. She didn't attend the Luxembourg wedding, the dutch inauguration and ... . I have seen her with a ruby tiara and she also promised that she would wear the ocean necklace/tiara at the first event after her marriage and she did . She also wore a very grand necklace at her pre wedding ceremonies. This time if she wore an order I would have been convinced that she doesn't like jewels because it would have proven the fact that she was completely aware of the dress code.but she didn't .

Because it pains me to think she's just ignoring the dress code/rules/wishes of the bride. It's an embarrassment.
Oh, I also think that it is an embarrasment. But I do believe that she knew that the dress code was asking for order and tiara. It wasn't ill advise that made her go without, it was her own decision. At least that's what I'm convinced off.

Why does this thread even exist? I suggest it be deleted immediately!

Wow, there goes the posting police again. The thread exists to discuss the jewelry of the Princess of Monaco. The fact that she does not seem to wear it often, is certainly on topic. So whats the problem?

I guess my question is why doesn't she like wearing any jewelry? I mean, I can understand disliking looking too gaudy or being uncomfortable wearing pieces with huge stones if it's something you've never done before. But what's wrong with a simple necklace or earrings or bracelet? They don't have to be "Granny's Chips" sized, but a little sparkle isn't vulgar or anything. I can even understand wanting to be considerate of public opinion and not piling stuff on because you're now a princess and could empty the vaults if you wanted to. But all the other royal representatives wore jewelry and orders so why won't Charlene?

Honestly, while I didn't like her not wearing a tiara, I can get past it, but not wearing the orders of her royal rank is bugging me. She was the Monegasque representative to a royal wedding. Like it or not, you married into the job.

For all we know she has some kind of allergy to a precious metal. I know some people who dont like necklaces or rings, but seldom someone who likes nothing especially with access to major bling.

Why does this thread even exist? I suggest it be deleted immediately!

I made a joke about this earlier on. IT wont get deleted because people need somewhere to moan about the fact she doesn't wear jewellery or, of course, bite at people who make a joke! :lol:

Another thought: are the jewels that the Princess of Monaco has her private property or can others in the family use it,
in other words, now that P.Charlene has no use for them (which is fine, that's her lifestyle), can we expect to see for instance Charlotte Casiraghi or the soon-to-be-wives of Pierre and Andrea in the Ocean tiara and other illustrious jewelry?
I would imagine for instance Beatrice Borromeo could have the flair for it....?
They are Charlene's, mostly gifts from Albert. His grandmother couldn't stand Grace and left it all to Caroline. Sadly for the Principality, no foundation! So . . . with all that plus access to Ernst's little jewel vault, she and her children and their significant others are more than well covered.

Me? I think Charlene is a very striking woman who is not used to, nor does she covet, real bling.

Shame not to see either the Ocean tiara or the diamond spray tiara she wore at her own wedding reception - it would have been great to see a Charlene tiara outing. Seems a bit pointless to let Albert buy these gifts for her when im sure he is aware she doesn't like big pieces of jewellery and prefers the minimal look. She is very very rarely pictured wearing her engagement ring and sticks to the simple wedding band.

She did wear more jewellery when she was Albert's girlfriend and fiancé which seems odd

Because if it was not ill advise she should have worn her order. I don't see a connection between not liking to wear jewels and not wearing an order. And I don't thing she doesn't like jewels.we have seen her in beautiful and grand jewels before her wedding and even after it.

Thread doesn't need to be closed because there are jewels that are owned by the Princess of Monaco. There just probably isn't much (because P.Albert's grandmother left the bulk to P.Caroline) and the current Princess of Monaco is not a jewel-fan so not likely much will be added anytime soon...

But this thread can stay for the odd occassion when she does wear a bracelet or earrings or something...

Maybe they should sell the tiaras and put the money in her foundation...

I have lost track of which thread is which, but here is my take on the subject of jewelry and the current princess of Monaco. Indeed she has a generous husband who has filled her jewelry chest with enviable items that call out to be seen. Nevertheless, the princess of Monaco lives in a principality where great wealth is the norm and tiaras are probably worn to visit the local grocers (well, not quite perhaps but ostentation is de rigeur in Monte Carlo). It seems to me that Princess Charlene is indeed making a statement that being a princess is not about jewelry but is about what you can do with the attention celebrity attracts. The amount of publicity generated by the princess' lack of jewelry is a case in point. Perhaps the princess' African background should also be factored into the equation. If I were in her shoes (and I would not want them for the world), I would feel very uncomfortable wearing jewelry that could keep several families in Soweto township comfortably for a good many years. I say 'good on you Princess and may you find your own way to help make a difference!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can go along with this to a point, but those of us who follow her on the fashion thread have frequently commented how a simple pair of earrings or a necklace would have been a welcome, and indeed obvious addition . Nothing ostentatious. I do accept it is difficult for a Royal to decide when and what jewels are appropriate in this current economic climate. I am still bemused by her stance given she has accepted jewels from van cleef relatively recently ( I'm thinking of her public appearance at the reopening of their Monaco store) and doesn't show similar restraint with other accessories such as shoes ( not a criticism - just an observation). Her current attitude to wearing jewellery is intriguing- petulance or sincerity we don't know, but I wonder if she has unwittingly saddled herself with a stance which is at odds with so many other aspects of her lifestyle as Princess of Monaco.

^^^^This, Elly. I don't think Charlene makes a case for herself by refusing to wear one iota of jewelry. What cause would she espouse by not wearing a simple pair of earrings or necklace to complement an outfit? No one would look down on her for that; why would anyone when even the average woman would wear simple pieces as part of everyday wear? Charlene wore jewelry prior to her wedding; it's strange to see such a sea change now. She could have worn that simple yet elegant diamond spray tiara at the Swedish wedding without compromising whatever stance she has, since it was de rigueur to wear a tiara. It's her job, isn't it, and she was there in an official capacity representing her country and her husband and should have worn the trappings of her position. I'm not attacking her for her choices, since this is her choice, but as a Princess Consort of Monaco, it does beg the question from people, "What's going on here?"

Last edited:
It would be nice if Caroline would lend Charlene the Cartier Pearl Drop tiara someday. That tiara is simply gorgeous and it's a shame we rarely see it.

I got excited and raced over here thinking Charlene broke down and wore a necklace today.....oh, well.:sad:

Anyway, Charlene would look stunning in that tiara as well as other jewels that we so rarely see because of her reluctance to wear anything that glitters.

It would be nice if Caroline would lend Charlene the Cartier Pearl Drop tiara someday. That tiara is simply gorgeous and it's a shame we rarely see it.
I also think that would be great but we are never gonna see. The Cartier tiara is in Caroline's collection and she doesn't have a big one. So I don't think they are going to share their jewels

Princess Charlene's earrings at this year's (2013) Red Cross Ball:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Photo originally posted by iceflower in Princess Charlene's fashion and style thread.

Charlene also wore earrings at a charity gala for the German International Club of Monaco on 30 July:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Photo originally posted by iceflower in Princess Charlene's fashion and style thread.

Glad to see some earrings on Charlene. Hopefully we'll see more jewellery from her in the near future.

I guess they are aquamarine? Those chandelier earrings look gorgeous on her. She has the face and neck to wear big earrings.

I agree Tilia. I was afraid we would lose this thread due to her lack of interest in jewelry!!!

Well rubies I agree and I was unaware the thread still existed. I wonder if it is that Charlene feels overwhelmed and is not up to wearing the stuff that Princess's have at there disposal. She just seems so underdone IMO the beige no jewellry ... I just wonder what her plan is here.Anyway back to that thread I thought the earrings at the Rose Ball were lovely but did not really suit the gown.

Last edited:
See, whatever she does it is not pleasing. She looked lovely and I am no fan of the gown. I don't think she is "overwhelmed", I think she loves simplicity.

The gown and color were beautiful, but I wish Charlene would try out another style of gown besides the strapless, fishtail designs. Obviously, this style suits her, but she should take a chance and wear something totally different. Her earrings are breathtaking in their elegance and beauty. The stones do look like they may be aquamarines.

I think it is great that Charlene finally threw us a couple of bones! I think she looked amazing and can certainly carry off those fabulous earrings but, I do believe that significant jewellery will probably be relatively scarce for some time. The ugly furore surrounding her wedding was truly offensive and I think perhaps she is more interested in showing that she married Albert for love and not for money, power, position and bling. :bang:

Decking herself with jewels would lead the cynics to sagely nod their heads and remark that "there goes Prince Albert's trophy wife", and every good and charitable thing she has done and will do would be eclipsed by the paparazzi wittering on about each bauble Albert gives her "in an attempt to bribe her to stay with him". :bang:

So, for now I will gratefully accept the crumbs she throws us and appreciate she has the presence and confidence to carry off the "less is more" look and make it a personal fashion statement! :sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom