Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very beautiful piece, I'm not crazy about the no earring look. Even something small would be OK but I know she is all about 1 piece and thats fine!

I think we might get to see the Ocean tiara on her head at the opera gala on Monaco's national day.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01Gw3752NXc2M/x610.jpg
Its a great piece and I like it worn rather as a necklace than a tiara.
As a tiara, there is danger that it will look way over the top, it needs a top class event such as a royal heir wedding (none in sight though) to be worn on the head, certainly ont at the Rose Ball or Red Cross Ball.
I agree that it looks great as a necklace, but with appropriate hair and dress it can look magnificent as a tiara as well.
About the wedding; we can always keep our fingers crossed right? :brows:

I'm crazy about the necklace! Its so beautiful and unique.

The Ocean Tiara looks fantastic as a necklace. Nicely done!

I will never understand how people turn a tiara into a necklace and then back again; I would have assumed the structure would have been destroyed in some way. Anyway in regards to Charlene's tiara, I admit it looks better as a necklace, or maybe its just that beautiful on Charlene.

The necklace/tiara is amazing. Who has the Princess Grace´s tiaras?

The necklace is clipped into the tiara frame and with the turn of a few screws becomes fixed.
The Ocean tiara, like most convertible tiaras, is cleverly designed and engineered to be flexible with a minimum of stress to the jewel itself.

I have a strong feeling that she will wear a tiara annually to the opera on the evening of national day. I don't know why I feel this but I just do, along with the Order of St. Charles which she will eventually be given. In terms of other tiara events we still have the wedding of the crown prince of luxemborg which is bound to feature a tiara gala of some sort. We also have two Royal weddings in Sweden to look forward to. On top of that let's not forget about celebrations for milestone reigns and birthdays among Europe's Monarchs (e.g. there is the Queen of Denmark's 40th anniversary on the throne in January 2012) which one would expect the Monaco Prince and Princess to attend. So I am sure we will see this tiara and that nice diamond fascinator often over the years, HOORAY!

Last edited:
I might be the minority here but I'm not crazy about this necklace. It's nice enough and has the wow factor but I see no elegance in the design. Although admittedly that's a personal bias; I don't like or wear the circular motif in my jewellery.
I've liked some of Charlene's pre-wedding jewellery, but I don't understand why all of her new pieces have to pay homage to the ocean. It's a little too obvious.

The necklace is clipped into the tiara frame and with the turn of a few screws becomes fixed.
The Ocean tiara, like most convertible tiaras, is cleverly designed and engineered to be flexible with a minimum of stress to the jewel itself.

I've wondered too how a tiara is converted into a necklace so thanks for this explanation Warren.

Absolute perfection. What a stunning debut for such a beautiful piece of jewelry! Now for the wait to see what it looks like on her head... The ocean theme is very appropriate, IMO. Just love everything about it; from design aesthetics to its versatility. And she wears it oh-so-well. BRAVO! I wonder what it's worth...

I'm pleasantly surprised she wore the Ocean tiara so soon. It looks amazing. I can't wait to see her wear it as a tiara tho.

Sorry in advance if anyone has posted these links, I looked through recent posts but didn't see them.

Close up of the ocean waves design: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZRRb5m84Si8/ThNhfzzzGAI/AAAAAAAAO8Q/gxITiaBQfwY/s1600/van+cleef+and+arpels+ocean+spray+necklace.JPG

Article about the making of the necklace: The Making of Princess Charlene of Monaco's Ocean Inspired Jewelry - The Beading Gem's Journal

And a very nice video showing the construction of the tiara/necklace (in French with English subtitles): ‪Van Cleef & Arpels has been chosen by HSH Princess Charlene to create a set of jewellery: Ocean‬‏ - YouTube

Here's a video of Lorenz Baumer talking about the diamond spray tiara. It's in French with no subtitles and my French is nowhere near good enough to translate most of it, but the middle has a few scenes of HSH Princess Charlene trying on the tiara at the palace: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ATbtPF4Ys

Last edited:
Sorry in advance if anyone has posted these links, I looked through recent posts but didn't see them.

Close up of the ocean waves design: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZRRb5m84S...van+cleef+and+arpels+ocean+spray+necklace.JPG

Article about the making of the necklace: The Making of Princess Charlene of Monaco's Ocean Inspired Jewelry - The Beading Gem's Journal
Thank you for posting those links Donovan. I hadn't seen such a close-up of the necklace before. I didn't realize it had so many different shades of blue coloured stones in it. It's quite exquisite.

I adore this necklace/tiara. It is quite delicate and stunning. And how wonderful of Albert to have it created in a nod to her aquatic skills. It shows great thought went into this. I am so tired of all the horrible stories about them. I hope they have a long, healthy, and very loving marriage. They both deserve it.

I adore this necklace/tiara. It is quite delicate and stunning. And how wonderful of Albert to have it created in a nod to her aquatic skills. It shows great thought went into this. I am so tired of all the horrible stories about them. I hope they have a long, healthy, and very loving marriage. They both deserve it.
Very well said Lady Marmalade :)

Shouldn't this thread be called Princess Charlene of Monaco Jewelry instead of Charlene Princess of Monaco?

"Charlene Princess of Monaco" would be far too wide, whereas a jewellery thread could be okay. But let's all discuss it first....

No I'm reffering to her being Princess Charlene of Monaco and not Charlene, Princess of Monaco.

Well it's up to the Mods anyway. So let them decide ;)

:previous:
She is HSH The Princess of Monaco but as the Charlene prefix is more suited to a divorced person (as in 'Diana, Princess of Wales') I'll change it to 'Princess Charlene of Monaco'. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: It's magnificent when worn as it was designed to be worn. But, my question is, does she have the gorgeous matching earrings she wore in the video?

It looks like Princess Charlène has received another new piece of jewellery...

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/katti_solan/royals/alhambra_1.jpg

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert II at the inauguration of the Van Cleef & Arpels Boutique in Monaco, tuesday 4 august 2011

Alhambra, Van Cleef & Arpels’ iconic motif, was born in 1968.
Van Cleef & Arpels’ Mains d’Or have created a setting technique of the utmost refinement, minimising the amount of metal and emphasising the diamonds. The stones are selected in different sizes so as to enhance their sparkle. The jewel is as exquisite on the front as it is elegant when turned over: the exclusive honeycomb open-work setting has been perfected to let even more light refract into the diamonds.
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/katti_solan/royals/alhambra_2.jpg

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco, Prince Albert II and Stanislas de Quercize, CEO of Van Cleef & Arpels, discover the exclusive Charlene Salon at the inauguration of the Van Cleef & Arpels Boutique in Monaco.

Long necklace: White gold, turquoises, approximately 9.1 carats of diamonds
Earrings: White gold, turquoises, approximately 3.4 carats of diamonds
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/katti_solan/royals/alhambra_3.jpg

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco wearing the Princess Charlene Alhambra set, tuesday 4 august 2011

This reinterpretation of the iconic Alhambra motif adorned with pavé diamonds and turquoises, evokes the shores of the Principality. A portion of the benefits from the sales will go to the associations and Foundations that have the endorsement of H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco. The set is sold exclusively at the Van Cleef & Arpels Boutique in Monaco.
Notice there's a portrait of Charlène wearing the Ocean tiara in the background on the second photo. I do hope the tiara isn't worn so 'deep' on her head, it looks a bit silly like that. I was sort of dreading the shape of the tiara would make it a bit difficult or shall we say challenge to wear as a tiara.

The new princess seems to be getting a lot of new pieces from her husband! Here's a tip for Albert; buy her rubies!! I would love to see her in a complete parure made of rubies and diamonds.

Catharina, you (and others here) are incredibly knowledgeable about jewellery. It's a subject I have never contemplated, I have to confess...

I've never come across words like "parure" or "pavé"....

Thx for the photos I haven't seen them before.
And for the portrait of Charlène wearing the Ocean tiara in the background on the second photo I'd say she should not wear her hair like that.
Looks kind of weird.

What was the occasion ?

She should wear white as often as possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom