Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ That diamond hairpiece is absolutely gorgeous! Was it made specifically for the wedding?

Apparently it's a series of brooches that belong to Princess Caroline.

I love these diamond flowers! It looks very flexible an certainly can be worn in a hundred different ways. Charlene made it look so elegant with her hairstyle and the veil. Good that she choose a tulle veil so that the jewellery was recongnizable through it.
Seeing the craftsmanship it looks like an historical piece, maybe set in silver and yellow gold. I want to know more about it's history! (Please let something slip, Palace!).
Here it looks much more substantial than on Charlene - I don't think it is exactly the same.
I'm sure that it's the same piece. Just worn the other way round, and flat on her head. This way the diamonds blend in with her hair and the whole thing looks less substantial.

I can't wait to see the océan sapphire tiara worn! Pity that it's so long till the next national day gala happens. I hope she will wear it than.

As Caroline was wearing a (rather wonderful) tiara, along with many other ladies from the various royal houses, I was surprised that Charlene decided she wouldn't wear one to the evening gala.

Got this in my Inbox this morning from boutique1.com as advertising. I think advertising can be posted.

royalRomnce.jpg

Got this in my Inbox this morning from boutique1.com as advertising. I think advertising can be posted.
All the information about the new jewellery Charlèn got! It's some how nice, but also very commercial. I'm sure Albert got a very nice discount for letting the jewellers advertise with it.

That photo of her wearing the cascade necklace is magnificent....she looks very beautiful and that necklace is unbelievable!

Is this the same aigrette piece? Hopefully one day she'll wear like a facinator as it's pictured below. Very gorgeous, modern pieces!

http://i56.tinypic.com/muhg1l.jpg[/QUOTE]
is this piece made specially for her like the necklace or it is belong to the familyy? it is beautifull

Great close-up, Salma! But it looks strange, as if the big diamond face backwards and you see the setting showing too much.

I think they are rather overdoing the ocean motif, but the jewelry is beautiful. (But they should quit while they're ahead).

She was wearing the aigrette tiara that Prince Albert gave her. /QUOTE]
Thanks I hadn't spotted it - very beautiful. Charlene has some exquiste pieces. I wonder if she will wear any of Grace's jewels in the near future. I am beginning to think this is unlikely. Perhaps they may skip a generation.

I was wondering why Stephanie and Caroline don't wear tiara's very much. Caroline wore one at the Monaco wedding gala , but Stephanie did not, and Caroline does not wear one very often - last time I remember seeing her in one was Victoria's wedding. I know Grace had a couple of very nice tiara's, especially the ruby and diamond. Hanover has some nice ones, it was a Hanover tiara Caroline wore to Victoria's wedding, despite having tons of her own from her Grandmother. But at the local Monaco events, Caroline does not seem to wear one and neither does Stephanie, so I wonder if CHarlene will follow in those footsteps. I hope not.

As to Aigrette Tiara, is is very sleek and modern like Charlene. I think it caught her type of style perfectly - she does not seem like the standard antique tiara type of person.
Does anyone know the history of the tiara the Caroline wore to the gala??

I was wondering why Stephanie and Caroline don't wear tiara's very much. Caroline wore one at the Monaco wedding gala , but Stephanie did not, and Caroline does not wear one very often - last time I remember seeing her in one was Victoria's wedding. I know Grace had a couple of very nice tiara's, especially the ruby and diamond. Hanover has some nice ones, it was a Hanover tiara Caroline wore to Victoria's wedding, despite having tons of her own from her Grandmother. But at the local Monaco events, Caroline does not seem to wear one and neither does Stephanie, so I wonder if CHarlene will follow in those footsteps. I hope not.
It seems that Stephanie personally dislikes tiaras. I can't imagine another reason why she didn't wear one yesterday. Even though Caroline is still Princess of Hannover she seems to make a statement by not wearing Hannover jewellery anymore. But there are still all the Grimaldi tiaras, so there's still a good tiara choice for her.
I hope that the fact that Albert gave Charlene 2 tiaras for her wedding: why giving her tiaras, when she's not intending to wear them on Monaco events? For the rare royal wedding abroad one tiara would have been enough. So I'm hopeful that she'll giving them good use. And I also hope to see Princess Grace's tiaras again in the future.

So, to sum it up, Charlène has received three new pieces in the last couple of days:

Infinite Cascade necklace by Tabbah Jewellers

Ocean Tiara by Van Cleef & Arpels

Diamond Foam Tiara by Lorenz Bäumer (the side/aigrette tiara)

Here's more info on the Diamond Foam Tiara:

Monaco's Princess Charlene chose daring tiara - Entertainment Wires - MiamiHerald.com

I like the Ocean Tiara more although I'm not that keen on the circles on it. But it is very beautiful all the same, especially considering it is a modern piece. I do hope she gets more tiaras though, one can never have too many! :p

According to the article each major jewellery house was asked to submit three designs. I wish I could have been the fly on the wall when they spread out the designs and choose their favourites.

That would've been fun! It's too bad she didn't wear the Ocean Tiara instead. I bet every royal lady was dying to see it because no one has gotten a "new" tiara in years. It's all been stuff from the family vault or an auction house that's been around for 100+ years.

I don't consider the aigrette a true tiara...it is more my idea of an elaborate hair ornament.
I wish Charlene had debuted the Ocean Tiara last night, but you couldn't be more correct about your last statement...a girl can never have too many tiaras! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Diamond Foam Tiara, it's sleek and tailored like Charlene - but I wish it had more presence in front- maybe a couple of more of the "sea sprays" going across the front instead of just the one, which got lost in her hair. And since she walked on Prince A's right, the side of her head with most of the piece was not clearly seen. She must have chosen to reverse the side from the mannequin shown in some photos - if it was meant to be on the right, you cannot just turn the headpiece backwards to go on the left,, the sprays would go the wrong way towards the back of the head.

I love the necklace Charlene wore to the concert.
But isn't her new tiara, the Diamond Foam tiara, more like a diadem?

I think the Diamond Foam tiara is beautiful and unusual. Even though it would have been nice to see the new Princess of Monaco in something grander at the dinner, I think it fits her style perfectly and does look very nice against her light blonde hair, and makes her look fresh and young.

Thanks for pictures of the Diamond Foam and Ocean Tiaras. Hard to pick a favorite but, the ocean really is Fab !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom