Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, a perfect choice to display this wonderful signature piece of Van Cleef. Charlene's wearing of the ocean tiara as a necklace at the Red Cross Ball didn't "help" the necklace. Here it is perfect imo.

Renat4711 the occasion is explained by Catherina in Post 367 :previous:- in the background of the second pic you can see the Lagerfeld pic of Charlene which is in the newly refurbished shop at Monaco.

I'm loving the VC&A necklace, but I'm wishing her dress was knee-length instead of floor length, and that somebody didn't twist the hell out of the calla lillies.

As for the portrait of Charlene in the tiara, it's not the most flattering portrait, but I think there's a resemblence there to Grace (intentional or not?). I don't like the way the tiara is being worn in the portrait.

I'm loving the VC&A necklace, but I'm wishing her dress was knee-length instead of floor length, and that somebody didn't twist the hell out of the calla lillies.

I like the gown, the sheer sleeves are a nice touch. Princess Charlene looks lovely. The necklace isn't my favorite, but it's still nice. I agree about the flowers, they look...odd.

She does look lovely and simple. Then again this look does "work" for her extremely well. The VC&A "Ocean" jewellry set is of course absolutely exquisite. The idea of a necklace the can be worn as a tiara is rather inventful. This piece does represent fine jewellry at the very highest level. Classic, luxurious, timeless and very elegant.

Last edited:
That's a really nice dress Charlene is wearing. I like the sleeves and the bit of quilting/trapunto at the midriff/waist. I don't think the tiara photo is wierd at all.

I see that princess Charlene received an another jellelery gift from her husband Prince Albert.
I think that Princess Caroline and perhaps Stephanie received the tiaras of their mother as the us in France. In France, the daughters receive always the rings, the collars and so of their mother. Sometimes, the mother in law gives her jewellery to her daughter in law.
For me, the brooch Charlene wore at her wedding day in the hair was saying, she entered this day in the Grimaldi family and she wore this brooch of the Grimaldi that Princess Caroline owned.
Prince Albert offered the collars and the tiaras perhaps because Charlene had none and Charlene prefered wearing modern jewels at the beginning of her life of married wife with a prince. A new erea;
I think she will wear the aigrette at the evening galas as the sport and peace or the grand Price gala, she will vear the ocean tiara at the national fest and at the events as receiving distinguesh guests or at other royal events in the courtyards in Denmark, Sweden and so.
I remember that Charlene said in Vogue, she would like that Monaco would be a place of stylish and elegance with meetings of desighners. I think it would be a good idea for the principality A more touch of glance for monaco

The Princess Charlene Alhambra Set from Van Cleef & Arpels*|*Luxurious Magazine

http://royalcorrespondent.com/2011/...ttend-the-van-cleef-aprels-opening-in-monaco/

Apparently a set of this jewelry was raffled off at the Red Cross Ball.

Princess Grace
In the early 1970s Prince Rainier purchased for Princess Grace, who loved the association of orange and green, a coral and a malachite sautoir which she often wore together.

Anybody have a photo of Princess Grace wearing her Alhambra necklace(s)?

Last edited:
Watching the video of Charlene's Ocean tiara/necklace was incredible. Jewelry is such an amazing art form. Thanks for the link!!

I prefer Grace's but the design in general is absolutely stunning - beautiful pieces!!!

I wouldn't be able to choose. I would have to have both. Grace's for autumn and winter and Charlene's for spring and summer.

I would never ever have associated jewellery with art ... but you guys have changed my mind ..... somewhat....

Well done & thank you!

Thanks for the link! Here's a larger version of the photo: Pictures & Photos of Grace Kelly - IMDb

Which do you prefer, Princess Grace's, or Princess Charlene's necklace?

Grace's 3 to Charlene's 1? White, Malachite and Coral in yellow gold versus Turquoise and Diamonds in white gold? Such tough choices! I'll take Charlene's thank you!

The two necklaces are stunning and I cannnot choice, I love them both but the princess got much jewellery in a month.
Happily, Prince Albert is not in love what would he offer her if he was in love!
Princess Charlene makes many jalous people

Thx for the photos I haven't seen them before.
And for the portrait of Charlène wearing the Ocean tiara in the background on the second photo I'd say she should not wear her hair like that.
Looks kind of weird.

Yeah the tiara looks like it's too far forward on her head in that background photo.

is she usally wearing jewllery once or is there any jewllery she has worn more then once? i wonder how much is hers or how much is borrowed from designers

I love her minimalist approach to jewellery. One signature piece and that's your whack. Not for her the multitudinous bracelets of CP Mary or the dripping necklaces and tiaras of CP Maxima. One object that compliments the gown and hair and that is it.

The fabulous Ocean tiara worn as a necklace at the Red Cross Ball.

Princess Charlene Of Monaco Attends The 63Rd Red Cross Ball At The

A beautiful necklace with a long white dress.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=1303&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theroyalforums.com%2Fforums%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26noquote%3D1%26p%3D1312347&v=1&libid=1315200127236&out=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-onTJs8bivh0%2FTkg6SZhaPLI%2FAAAAAAAAVYY%2FPD0ZdO3AbsM%2Fs1600%2F15824731037_WfdB4.jpg&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theroyalforums.com%2Fforums%2Ff20%2Fprincess-charlene-of-monaco-jewellery-28307-13.html&title=The%20Royal%20Forums%20-%20Reply%20to%20Topic&txt=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-onTJs8bivh...1037_WfdB4.jpg&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13152003745654

A pair of what looked like diamond studs with a strapless LBD.

http://i52.tinypic.com/200d9tu.jpg

And last, but by no means least, these stunning white and yellow? diamond chandelier earrings complimenting a beautiful long ivory V=-neck gown. So very, very, elegant!

Photo from Getty Images

Last edited:
Another stunning pair of earrings

daylife

Wow, I am really impressed! The more I look at Charlene´s fast growing jewel casket, the less I miss Prs Grace´s jewels.... although I am still hoping to see some of the "old jewels", Charlene´s "new & modern jewel collection" has so many impressive additions (classic plus modern, but valuable and with the "special something"), which has the ability to surprise us again and again.
BYe Bine

Wow, I am really impressed! The more I look at Charlene´s fast growing jewel casket, the less I miss Prs Grace´s jewels.... although I am still hoping to see some of the "old jewels", Charlene´s "new & modern jewel collection" has so many impressive additions (classic plus modern, but valuable and with the "special something"), which has the ability to surprise us again and again.
BYe Bine

but are we realy sure its her and not borrewed? what jewllery has she worn more then once?

but are we realy sure its her and not borrewed? what jewllery has she worn more then once?

Well, she might have a collection we aren't aware of and will wear each piece and then start recycling, she also might have access to the royal jewels and start wearing some. As a Princess, she hasn't had that many events to recycle pieces Imo. You can only tell after she has attended a lot of events.

These earrings are gorgeous. Very modern which is her style. I long to see her in some old pieces with her classic beauty, but I don't know if I will. These earrings look like Graff to me~

Thank you Josefine for this list. Charlene has indeed worn some exquiste pieces that enhance an already sophisticated and elegant look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom