The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
She should have worn it like this in my opinion....it didn't stand out enough when worn backwards.....

Old 07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Lorenz Bäumer Designs Wedding Tiara for Charlene of Monaco Image (3322584_com_visuel_tiare_ecume_de_diamants.jpg)- Suite101.com Images

Here is a close up .......

Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

thank you marvellous photo!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've never seen a tiara like that. It's very original and pretty. It looks so wispy, like a spray of water which I guess is appropriate for a principality that's located right on the water's edge.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

thank you for the close up. We can see the way the diamonds were all set differently on each spoke.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is lovely, but on her color hair, it disappears. Too bad. It is beautiful.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

I realise now that it didn't stand out at the wedding ball because it's supposed to be worn right to left like in the posts of her trying it on not left to right like she did at the wedding ball. I like it much better now that I can see it properly. Most of the diamonds were hidden the way she wore it at the wedding reception but it is much more tiara-esque when seen properly. I thought I hated it, now I love it.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Commoner

I wonder why she chose to change the direction and wear it on the left side?? I agree, it looks SO much better going right to left. Maybe she likes the "understated" look, but what is the point of wearing it if it is not seen, or seen very well??

I read somewhere ( here on the Forum?) that Charlene plans to wear the Ocean tiara at her first official event, but I understand it is on display until November, and there are a couple of weddings coming up before then - tho maybe they are not going to the German wedding in August. It may be hats to the ceremony, but there is always a gala or something with tiaras.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Royal Highness

I think the tiara was designed to be worn in two was, standing out like a fascinator or close to the head as she wore it at the wedding. It fitted so perfectly around her head, that I'm sure this was intentional desing. And it's quite clever as it makes it a versatile jewellery. The only question which remains is why she chose the understated look for her big day? One can only speculate.

I hope that there will be a dinner reception with tiaras after the Prussia-Isenburg wedding in August, but I'm not sure. Also it won't be a high profile event with much publicity. So I believe that Charlène might debut the océan tiara at the next national day in Monaca. IIRC Princess Grace always wore tiaras at that occasion, and I hope that Charlène will take up that custom.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think the tiara was designed to be worn in two was, standing out like a fascinator or close to the head as she wore it at the wedding. It fitted so perfectly around her head, that I'm sure this was intentional desing. And it's quite clever as it makes it a versatile jewellery. The only question which remains is why she chose the understated look for her big day? One can only speculate.

I hope that there will be a dinner reception with tiaras after the Prussia-Isenburg wedding in August, but I'm not sure. Also it won't be a high profile event with much publicity. So I believe that Charlène might debut the océan tiara at the next national day in Monaca. IIRC Princess Grace always wore tiaras at that occasion, and I hope that Charlène will take up that custom.
I too hope that Charlene will start to wear tiaras at the annual National Day Gala. But Princess Caroline never wore one. Until a few years ago she always wore the sash of her monegasque Order but even this has stopped some years ago (i believe the yaear after Prince Albert's inthronisation).

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I too hope that Charlene will start to wear tiaras at the annual National Day Gala. But Princess Caroline never wore one. Until a few years ago she always wore the sash of her monegasque Order but even this has stopped some years ago (i believe the yaear after Prince Albert's inthronisation).
That is why I wouldn't be surprised if Charlène won't wear tiaras for those galas. But if that is what they are planning, why did Albert give his bride not one, but two tiaras? I just hope that these general jewellery gifts are a sign that she'll not just wear a tiara at the rare occasion abroard.
My preferred version of course would be if Caroline too will wear tiaras at the national day gale, but there's not much hope, I guess.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, please, please, please God make PC renew PG's tradition of wearing a tiara to the major events in Monaco along with the Order of St. Charles (which I presume Albert will bestow on her). I would love to see this and I feel a bit reassured that it will happen by the fact that PA has given her such lovely new headgear, so to speak.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a feeling that she will not be receiving the St Charles for a while...maybe not until after the birth of their first child.

We'll see.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Tilia C.;1283226]That is why I wouldn't be surprised if Charlène won't wear tiaras for those galas. But if that is what they are planning, why did Albert give his bride not one, but two tiaras? I just hope that these general jewellery gifts are a sign that she'll not just wear a tiara at the rare occasion abroard.
My preferred version of course would be if Caroline too will wear tiaras at the national day gale, but there's not much hope, I guess.[/QUOTE

I agree - there are 2new tiaras - so they must plan to use it regularely.....cross fingers
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps the Grimaldi's hardly ever wear tiaras because they don't feel royal enough? I mean, they are not royal afterall, they are just princely.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
Perhaps the Grimaldi's hardly ever wear tiaras because they don't feel royal enough? I mean, they are not royal afterall, they are just princely.
I understand your logic but may I point out that most German Families as well as the Liechtensteins are "princely families" yet the Germans, moreso, wear their tiaras to weddings if that is the dress code. The Liechtensteins are very low keyed, but when they attend a function that mandates tiaras, their representative wears one.

Who knows???
Old 07-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe like QSofia's hat aversion, they don't like wearing heavy tiaras. I know, why someone does't do tiaras is beyond me, too, but stil...
Old 07-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I personally wish she had worn a regular tiara for the wedding ceremony.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Has somebody good pictures of the jewelry Pr. Charlene has worn for the Durban wedding reception?
Old 07-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Apparently it's a series of brooches that belong to Princess Caroline.
Thanks for the reply dbarn67. It was clever the way they combined the brooches into a hairpiece for Charlene to hold her veil in place. Nicely done!

Tags
princess charlene