Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ocean Tiara given to Charlene by Albert is on display in Monaco at the Grimaldi Forum in an exhbit entitled "the Magnificence and Grandeur of the Royal Houses of Europe"

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cct7xz.jpg

Albert and Charlene's wedding attire is also in display as well as the large diadem from the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg.

http://i54.tinypic.com/1esaxf.jpg

Mary wore a tiara before she was married to her pre-wedding dinner's, you don't have to be marred or royal to wear a tiara it's up to the monarch, Since Albert is he could of let her worn one, but since there's none to give her he has to buy her one, so he could of bought one for Victoria's wedding for her to use.
:previous:
Just wondering if you're refering to the lovely Diamond & Ruby set that Fred gave Mary.
I have read that it was his Grandmothers and she left it to him for him to give to his future bride.
Can anyone tell me if this is true?
-- if so, what a lovely gift idea & what a lovely thoughtful grandmother.
(I love that set; Tiara, necklace & earrings)
:flowers:

Is that the real Ocean tiara? Why is it on display when Charlene is probably still going to need to use it.

Is that the real Ocean tiara? Why is it on display when Charlene is probably still going to need to use it.

It's the real thing and it's only on display until September. I assume she won't wear it until the exhibit is over.

Both major exhibitions will be open until the end of September.

Perhaps the Grimaldi's hardly ever wear tiaras because they don't feel royal enough? I mean, they are not royal afterall, they are just princely.

Prince Albert once said in an interview that it is a Monaco tradition that the reigning prince does not have a crown and his consort does not frequently need to wear a tiara but I would like to see the princesses of Monaco wear tiaras more often. I have never seen Princess Stephanie wear one.

:previous:
Just wondering if you're refering to the lovely Diamond & Ruby set that Fred gave Mary.
I have read that it was his Grandmothers and she left it to him for him to give to his future bride.
Can anyone tell me if this is true?
-- if so, what a lovely gift idea & what a lovely thoughtful grandmother.
(I love that set; Tiara, necklace & earrings)
:flowers:
I think that Mary wore a tiara only in the prewedding events, possibly only after the civil wedding ceremony, correct me if I am wrong, untill then she had to curtsey to any royalty, the then Princess Alexandra, for instance. Yes it was the grand diamond and ruby set we are talking about

I love that watch, I would switch the band for a blue satin version though!

That's a lovely watch. It is more "swimming pool" blue than "ocean" blue, tho. For it's cost, pale sapphires would have been nicer, IMO. Topaz are not expensive enough for the piece's price, unless they are natural blues (about 1% of all topaz). The rest are irridiated/heat treated --- having started their life as colorless or dishwater brown.

I certainly would like to have one.

Ah no... the Luxembourgers haven't gifted the very grand Empire Tiara but it is in the same exhibition.

The new Ocean Tiara is indeed beautiful and a most elegant head piece. Thank goodness someone finally realised that a simple and classic piece can look so much better than these jewel encrusted "biscuit barrels" that some royals prefer to wear. Charlene I certainly look forward to seeing a lot more of you with your beautiful tiara. A lovely choice indeed.

It's the real thing and it's only on display until September. I assume she won't wear it until the exhibit is over.
I'm sure she can wait until then to wear it again. ;) The next time she wears it I hope she wears the other way around (right side up) so we can see it better.

Should the Diamond foam tiara actually be called a tiara? It looks more like a head-or hair piece not exactly a tiara in the traditional sense.

Last edited:
Charlene's jewelry is so her. Modern, yet very classic with a twist. And I like that she's having fun with it: water-inspired jewelry as a wink to her swimming career.

I can't wait to see her wearing the Ocean tiara!

I agree, her taste in clothes and jewelry is most definitely her. I really like her diamond tiara/headpiece.

I agree Michelle, this is royalty in it's true form. Lovely and appropriate dress sense combined with elegant style. Charlene will certainly bring new glamor to Monaco. Cannot wait to see more and more photos of her in the media.

I cannot wait to see her wearing the Ocean diamond and saphire tiara !

Oh, I agree, rominet09! It's such an exquisite piece. Let's just hope she wears it with the right color -- and not black! I think it will show off particularly well with ice blue, or lilac (which will also compliment her skin tone). Fingers crossed.

I'm sure she can wait until then to wear it again. ;) The next time she wears it I hope she wears the other way around (right side up) so we can see it better.
Are you talking about the Ocean Tiara or the Diamond Foam Tiara?

I cannot wait to see her wearing the Ocean diamond and saphire tiara !

im so looking forward to it..when is the red cross ball? because i would love to see if she wears it there

To celebrate the Royal Wedding & Van Cleef's commission of the ocean tiara, the store in Monaco has had a makeover & a cocktail party was held last night.
Apparently the new entrance contains a portrait of Charlene by Lagerfeld
Nice Matin

i dont think she is fond of tiaras.....but mostly necklaces and hair pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom