Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Close-up diamond flowers that she wore during wedding:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ That diamond hairpiece is absolutely gorgeous! Was it made specifically for the wedding?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Apparently it's a series of brooches that belong to Princess Caroline.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
OMG I love this necklace!

Is this the same aigrette piece? Hopefully one day she'll wear like a facinator as it's pictured below. Very gorgeous, modern pieces!

http://i56.tinypic.com/muhg1l.jpg
Here it looks much more substantial than on Charlene - I don't think it is exactly the same.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I love these diamond flowers! It looks very flexible an certainly can be worn in a hundred different ways. Charlene made it look so elegant with her hairstyle and the veil. Good that she choose a tulle veil so that the jewellery was recongnizable through it.
Seeing the craftsmanship it looks like an historical piece, maybe set in silver and yellow gold. I want to know more about it's history! (Please let something slip, Palace!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Here it looks much more substantial than on Charlene - I don't think it is exactly the same.
I'm sure that it's the same piece. Just worn the other way round, and flat on her head. This way the diamonds blend in with her hair and the whole thing looks less substantial.

I can't wait to see the océan sapphire tiara worn! Pity that it's so long till the next national day gala happens. I hope she will wear it than.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

As Caroline was wearing a (rather wonderful) tiara, along with many other ladies from the various royal houses, I was surprised that Charlene decided she wouldn't wear one to the evening gala.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Got this in my Inbox this morning from boutique1.com as advertising. I think advertising can be posted.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
As Caroline was wearing a (rather wonderful) tiara, along with many other ladies from the various royal houses, I was surprised that Charlene decided she wouldn't wear one to the evening gala.
She was wearing the aigrette tiara that Prince Albert gave her. Posted earlier in this thread: http://i56.tinypic.com/muhg1l.jpg

It's hard to see it because of her light hair.

http://gfx.nrk.no/zsSGnUjbZS9QstF60T...O9Nyhw3Izg.jpg
Old 07-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Got this in my Inbox this morning from boutique1.com as advertising. I think advertising can be posted.
All the information about the new jewellery Charlèn got! It's some how nice, but also very commercial. I'm sure Albert got a very nice discount for letting the jewellers advertise with it.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Majesty

That photo of her wearing the cascade necklace is magnificent....she looks very beautiful and that necklace is unbelievable!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
She was wearing the aigrette tiara that Prince
It's hard to see it because of her light hair.

http://gfx.nrk.no/zsSGnUjbZS9QstF60T...O9Nyhw3Izg.jpg
Good eye ayvee!

I like it but I´d like see her with the other tiara.

Close-up of aigrette tiara:
Old 07-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is this the same aigrette piece? Hopefully one day she'll wear like a facinator as it's pictured below. Very gorgeous, modern pieces!

http://i56.tinypic.com/muhg1l.jpg[/QUOTE]
is this piece made specially for her like the necklace or it is belong to the familyy? it is beautifull
Old 07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Great close-up, Salma! But it looks strange, as if the big diamond face backwards and you see the setting showing too much.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they are rather overdoing the ocean motif, but the jewelry is beautiful. (But they should quit while they're ahead).
Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=ayvee;1279730]She was wearing the aigrette tiara that Prince Albert gave her. /QUOTE]
Thanks I hadn't spotted it - very beautiful. Charlene has some exquiste pieces. I wonder if she will wear any of Grace's jewels in the near future. I am beginning to think this is unlikely. Perhaps they may skip a generation.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post

http://i56.tinypic.com/muhg1l.jpg

I am still not sure - it looks somehow different.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Commoner

I was wondering why Stephanie and Caroline don't wear tiara's very much. Caroline wore one at the Monaco wedding gala , but Stephanie did not, and Caroline does not wear one very often - last time I remember seeing her in one was Victoria's wedding. I know Grace had a couple of very nice tiara's, especially the ruby and diamond. Hanover has some nice ones, it was a Hanover tiara Caroline wore to Victoria's wedding, despite having tons of her own from her Grandmother. But at the local Monaco events, Caroline does not seem to wear one and neither does Stephanie, so I wonder if CHarlene will follow in those footsteps. I hope not.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Commoner

As to Aigrette Tiara, is is very sleek and modern like Charlene. I think it caught her type of style perfectly - she does not seem like the standard antique tiara type of person.
Does anyone know the history of the tiara the Caroline wore to the gala??
Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabee View Post
I was wondering why Stephanie and Caroline don't wear tiara's very much. Caroline wore one at the Monaco wedding gala , but Stephanie did not, and Caroline does not wear one very often - last time I remember seeing her in one was Victoria's wedding. I know Grace had a couple of very nice tiara's, especially the ruby and diamond. Hanover has some nice ones, it was a Hanover tiara Caroline wore to Victoria's wedding, despite having tons of her own from her Grandmother. But at the local Monaco events, Caroline does not seem to wear one and neither does Stephanie, so I wonder if CHarlene will follow in those footsteps. I hope not.
It seems that Stephanie personally dislikes tiaras. I can't imagine another reason why she didn't wear one yesterday. Even though Caroline is still Princess of Hannover she seems to make a statement by not wearing Hannover jewellery anymore. But there are still all the Grimaldi tiaras, so there's still a good tiara choice for her.
I hope that the fact that Albert gave Charlene 2 tiaras for her wedding: why giving her tiaras, when she's not intending to wear them on Monaco events? For the rare royal wedding abroad one tiara would have been enough. So I'm hopeful that she'll giving them good use. And I also hope to see Princess Grace's tiaras again in the future.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Courtier

So, to sum it up, Charlène has received three new pieces in the last couple of days:

Infinite Cascade necklace by Tabbah Jewellers

Ocean Tiara by Van Cleef & Arpels

Diamond Foam Tiara by Lorenz Bäumer (the side/aigrette tiara)

Here's more info on the Diamond Foam Tiara:

Monaco's Princess Charlene chose daring tiara - Entertainment Wires - MiamiHerald.com

I like the Ocean Tiara more although I'm not that keen on the circles on it. But it is very beautiful all the same, especially considering it is a modern piece. I do hope she gets more tiaras though, one can never have too many!

Tags
princess charlene