The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2016, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Grace wore very often the tiaras in Monaco, at the gala of the national fest, at the Red cross gala and so, after her death , Caroline and Stephanie did not wear anymore a tiara and when Charlene became princess of Monaco, there were no more big events with tiara I believe that Caroline wore a tiara at the gala in 2005 when Albert became prince sovereign.

When I visited exhibitions about the jewellery pieces, all of these pieces are attribued as belonging to the prince of Monaco . it was in 2007 in Monaco and one time in Paris in 2009

Old 11-22-2016, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Princess Grace wore very often the tiaras in Monaco, at the gala of the national fest, at the Red cross gala and so, after her death , Caroline and Stephanie did not wear anymore a tiara and when Charlene became princess of Monaco, there were no more big events with tiara I believe that Caroline wore a tiara at the gala in 2005 when Albert became prince sovereign.

No Princess Caroline did not werar a tiara in 2005. There seems to have been a bit of confusion about to wear one or not as several of the foreign guests like the Countess of Wesses and Crown Princess Victoria wore tiara for the Opera Gala then but not the monegase ladies.
I don't think Pricness Charlene will now suddenly start to wear tiaras for the Opera Gala in the evening of the National Day. if she would haven wanted she would ghave probably started in 2011 the first time she attended as Princess.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Hope that sometimes we will see her wearing a tiara,just like on pictures:

http://www.vijesti.me/media/cache/a6...dfd0f10ad2.jpg
Old 02-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I would like to see her at an public dressed event like this and with the tiara 'ocean'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAfch2WFYKt/

The portrait is in the palace , in a room of the big appartment we can visit during the summer, I saw it, it is a beautiful portrait,
Old 02-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Courtier

i don't like that portrait i think it looks so cartoonish rather than a proper portrait .
Old 02-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Hope that sometimes we will see her wearing a tiara,just like on pictures:

http://www.vijesti.me/media/cache/a6...dfd0f10ad2.jpg

Charlene looks born to wear a tiara. It saddens me that she doesn't seem to care much for them.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

This portrait is more better when we saw it than on a photo.
It does not seem not more cartonish than the portrait of the Queen Elizabeth.or queen Margreth or other queens or princesses
Old 02-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:

When I visited exhibitions about the jewellery pieces, all of these pieces are attribued as belonging to the prince of Monaco . it was in 2007 in Monaco and one time in Paris in 2009

Princess Caroline wore a tiara- and looked quite magnificent in it-to the 50th birthday celebrations of the king of Sweden and also to the pre-wedding gala of HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg in 2012. She also wore one during a Karl Lagerfeld photo shoot with her late husband Stefano Casiraghi in 1988. She was wearing a stunning, deep aqua early 19th century gown with a sapphire and diamond tiara. Beautiful almost beyond belief.

She is another woman who was born to wear a tiara.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-07-2017, 03:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Princess Caroline wore a tiara- and looked quite magnificent in it-to the 50th birthday celebrations of the king of Sweden and also to the pre-wedding gala of HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg in 2012. She also wore one during a Karl Lagerfeld photo shoot with her late husband Stefano Casiraghi in 1988. She was wearing a stunning, deep aqua early 19th century gown with a sapphire and diamond tiara. Beautiful almost beyond belief.

She is another woman who was born to wear a tiara.
Don't forget her necklace tiara worn at her brothers wedding in 2011:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KCNqUkSTu4...rincesses2.jpg
Old 02-07-2017, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but Caroline wore the tiaras at foreign royal events not in Monaco, her mother , the princess Grace wore them very often , at the gala of the national fests, the red cross galas or bal de la rose when she received presidents . In Monaco, it is not like in other monarchies, the princesses did not wear anymore the tiaras and it is a pity
Photos of the princess Charlene wearing the 'ocean' in collar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOu49CDg...incesscharlene
Old 02-07-2017, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Photo of Charlene wearing the Arpel Tiara

https://www.google.fr/search?q=princ...source=univ&sa
Old 02-07-2017, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would like to see her at an public dressed event like this and with the tiara 'ocean'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAfch2WFYKt/

The portrait is in the palace , in a room of the big appartment we can visit during the summer, I saw it, it is a beautiful portrait,
Melina, since you saw the portrait in person, do you remember what the tiara looked like? I always found it strange that they had a portrait painted with a tiara that had not family connection. Or it could even be an invention of the artist. Strange indeed.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

When I saw it, It seemed to be the tiara ' ocean' because I reconyze it because there are waves in the tiara
Old 02-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
When I saw it, It seemed to be the tiara ' ocean' because I reconyze it because there are waves in the tiara
Oh, thank you. That is amazing, because in the blurry photo it looks so different.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Don't forget her necklace tiara worn at her brothers wedding in 2011:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KCNqUkSTu4...rincesses2.jpg
Yes, thank you she looked amazing!

Old 02-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
i don't like that portrait i think it looks so cartoonish rather than a proper portrait .
I agree. Princess Charlène deserves better than that.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness

If that's the real portrait, I care for it at all. I apologize, but Charlene looks more like Barbie than herself. If it was accepted by HSH Princess Charlene and it obviously was if it's hanging at the palace, then Charlene and Albert liked and approved of it.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The portrait was comanded by Prince Albert to Ralph Cowan some times after their wedding, the painter already painted the family of Grimaldi, it is in a room of the big apartments, it is the real portrait , I think
Albert and Charlene like it, it is the most important.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

There is also this portrait with the ' ocean' as collar

http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content...14/03/Bild.jpg

But I didn't see it in the big apartments
Old 02-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
There is also this portrait with the ' ocean' as collar

http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content...14/03/Bild.jpg

But I didn't see it in the big apartments
Hm no... I have seen better artworks, I am afraid to say... So many fantastic artists in the Provence... It looks like those pencil-drawings made in hobby class. The Princess of Monaco deserves better.

The portrait seems to hang in the Monaco Yacht Club. Can you see it is Charlène? I have to look three times to see who it is.
Picture: http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content...lene-comp1.jpg

Tags
princess charlene