The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I do not know about others but I personally adore this piece and agree with Lee-Z on Charlene is fantastic.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yesterdatbat the reception pre gala of the princess Grace awards gala at the palace, Princess Cgarlene wore a beautifuk necklave

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 09-05-2015, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I had to look twice to see it is her. It must be the angle and the lighting.

I would like to see the necklace better, I can not say so much about it. I hope the Prince buys these jewels for her, otherwise The Princess of Monaco is just used as an advertorial for Repossi, Cartier or Bvlgari. I think that would be below her stature, but that is my personal opinion.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:50 AM
Majesty

Good heavens that is a stunning necklace! I wonder why she wears such lavish pieces of jewelry but seems reluctant to don a tiara, which as Princess Consort of Monaco she has a right to do?

In any case Prince Albert is said to be exceeding generous with his wife. It would not surprise me at all if Charlene owns much of the dazzling jewelry she wears.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Good heavens that is a stunning necklace! I wonder why she wears such lavish pieces of jewelry but seems reluctant to don a tiara, which as Princess Consort of Monaco she has a right to do?
Charlène seldom wears a diadem, simply because of the fact that she seldom attends a diadem event.

Quote:
In any case Prince Albert is said to be exceeding generous with his wife. It would not surprise me at all if Charlene owns much of the dazzling jewelry she wears.
The Prince may be generous but seeing the sort of jewels and the designs, I have doubts whether it were loans - the Princess of Monaco used as Serena Williams or Carla Delevigne: "You can wear our jewels for free, for this event".

In most monarchies it will raise eyebrows because it would lead to questions "What is the contra-prestation for that favour?" and any possible hint to such "favours" are painfully avoided in most monarchies. Right now Mette-Marit of Norway and her husband are in a public debate for accepting "favours" from wealthy "friends".

I hope the Prince has bought it but we will only know when we see these for a second time.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:19 AM
Majesty

Well, as we all agree the Principality of Monaco is not "most monarchies". The Grimaldi do not face the sort of scrutiny from press and public that is the lot of Mette-Marit and Haakon of Norway or the Windsors in Britain or the Borbons in Spain. Seriously, who is going to raise eyebrows in Monte Carlo if the Prince Sovereign gifts his wife millions in baubles? Did you see the Cartier earrings she wore to the twins' baptism in May, which were also rumored to be a gift from Albert? They were incredibly beautiful and costly.

This is a family that pretty much does as they please, they always have. Why would they change now? Who(in Monaco) will dare criticize them?
Old 09-05-2015, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

That the Prince showers his spouse in expensive jewels is no problem. The Prince of Orange - pardon - the King of the Netherlands is not too pauvre either when it is about buying nice jewels, fast cars, real estate or speedboats to please his spouse.

The problem is that I personally find it below the stature of a Princesse de Monaco to be used as a walking advertorial for Bvlgari, Repossi or Cartier. She does not need that and I hope she is indeed not loaning these jewels but that these were purchased. I hope we agree that there is a difference between the Princess of Monaco and Charlize Theron or Anne Hathaway on a red carpet.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco is a principauty but Prince Albert has more powers than the other Kings or Queens , he is governing and reigning and Queens and Kings are only reigning, he is also the head of state. The other Queens or Kings are doing fests to celebrat a anniversary , a anniversary of reign with diams and jewels they have no more that these events to show that they are Kings or Queens without power also they show their diams and jewels. and Charlene is also the wife of the head of state and not a actress like Anne Hataway or a madona.
Princess grace always wore a diam at every big event in Monaco, red cross gala or bal of the rose and so, after her death , her daughters never wore diams as their mother did it Charlene does like them.
I am always surprised when I read, Why is she wearing a decoration at the christening of the twins? Princess caroline and pincess Stéphanie ddi not wear their decoration, ? It was the christening of the hereditary prince; here, i read Why is she wearing a so lavish necklace? It is the festivities of the princess Grace foundation Usa, it is the first time that this gala will take place in Monaco in honor of the legacy of the princess Grace and Charlene is among actresses and actors who are the guests of these célébrations. She must do the difference as P and D said it
Why are there always the questions when charlene is wearing jewels at an event? Are these earings hers ? are this bracelet hers? As Charlene was not seen as a true princess who cannot have her own jewels ? As Albert was not able to buy these jewels for her wife? Charlene had a time when she was not wearing jewels and she was a lot criticed here, now, she is wearing jewels and we have other questions. We saw that her beautiful earings she was wearing at the christening , she was wearing them at the Robbie William concert. she has a lot of jewels as earings and collar that she wore many times.
Albert offered her 2 engagement rings , 2 wedding rings, 2 diams , a very beautiful necklace she was wearing at the evening of her wedding , and we saw also other jewels she is wearing sometimes .
this necklace she was wearing yesteday is wonderful.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Yes I was wondering if Princess Charlène owns all the jewels she has worn of late,but thing for sure is that HSH is starting to wear them more and more and maybe we might next get a tiara event!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Princess Grace did loan some of the jewels she has worn, so it would not be surprising if Princess Charlene would do the same. And she has worn so many pieces only once (so far?) that one can imagine that she does not own all of them. That doesn't mean that the Prince is stingy, as we have seen with the wedding presents. Personally I enjoy seeing her with more and larger jewels these days, but I'd love to see some heirloom pieces from time to time.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gorgeous necklace on the perfect neckline for it.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Gorgeous necklace on the perfect neckline for it.
Absolutely agree, it looks like the dress was made to display the necklace. Just a stunning piece.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That the Prince showers his spouse in expensive jewels is no problem. The Prince of Orange - pardon - the King of the Netherlands is not too pauvre either when it is about buying nice jewels, fast cars, real estate or speedboats to please his spouse.

The problem is that I personally find it below the stature of a Princesse de Monaco to be used as a walking advertorial for Bvlgari, Repossi or Cartier. She does not need that and I hope she is indeed not loaning these jewels but that these were purchased. I hope we agree that there is a difference between the Princess of Monaco and Charlize Theron or Anne Hathaway on a red carpet.
There is a world of difference between the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Principality of Monaco...Mediterranean playground of the mega-rich. King Willem-Alexander is accountable to Press and public opinion, Prince Albert is not.

Even if W-A could shower his queen with baubles, he dare not in these tough economic times. He would bring down all kinds of wrath upon himself and the Dutch RF.

When Rainier's mother Charlotte Duchesse de Valentinois died she bypassed her detested daughter-in-law Grace and left her historic jewelry to Princess Caroline. Caroline also inherited most of Grace's pieces, if not all of them. This left nothing for Albert's wife. So Albert is now in the position of needing to provide his beautiful and elegant Consort with her own dazzling collection, which she is expected to wear as princess of the world's most glamorous principality.

We have no proof whatsoever that HSH Princess Charlene is merely advertising these jewels for Cartier, Repossi, and Bulgari. The diamond and pearl Cartier earrings that she wore to the twins' baptismal ceremonies were listed on the website as having been gifted by the prince to his wife...at a cost of some $25,000.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
[...]
Even if W-A could shower his queen with baubles, he dare not in these tough economic times. He would bring down all kinds of wrath upon himself and the Dutch RF.
[...]
Trust me. WA dares. And he receives criticism for that as wel, especially when he purchased a luxurious villa in Mozambique (which has been sold again in the meantime). In no moment during the "touch economic times" WA has shown a change in his spending habits.

That is no problem. Albert and WA are simply very wealthy gentlemen. I hope that Charlène gets a tiara every day when she wakes up. Why not? But to be used as an advert for jewelry firms is below her status, if you ask me. I still regard HSH The Princess of Monaco as something from another category than a a star in a sponsored gown, with sponsored shoes and sponsored jewels as Halle Berry or a Carla Delevigne.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Majesty

Duc, why are you so certain that HSH is being used as a vehicle for advertisement as opposed to simply wearing her own very beautiful jewels?

I agree that it is perhaps "below her status". But have you read some type of communique from these jewelry houses to justify your statements/suspicions?
Old 09-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Majesty

The necklace is amazingly beautiful.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duc and Pair, all the blogs are saying that the dresses of a queens or a princesses Come from Dior, Akrys or other that their shoes come from a shop called... Queen Maxima also. They are also vehicule for advertissement.
We saw beautiful jewelry on queen Maxima, not jewelry which belong to the family but she also wears modern jewelry and a lot of beautiful dresses for evening or for the day with a lot of hats more dresses than princess charlene who has less public avents, Q Maxima is a vehicule for advertisement like princess Mary of Danmark or Queens of Spain or Queens of Belgium.
And nobody is askingif if their jewelry are hers as the question is asked to Charlene.
Prince Albert celebrated his 10 years of reign with the people of Monaco and hisfamily, he did not invite all the Queens or Kings or princes or princesses to celebrat this anniversary with lavish receptions during 3 days.

In Monaco, the people of Monaco don't pay taxes and there are not only milliardaires but persons who are working in Monaco and not have a lot of money, it is always a falke idea

The people of Niederland pay taxes
Old 09-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Bulgari, Repossi, and Cartier all have shops based in Monaco. Even if the First Lady of the Principality occasionally wears exquisite pieces on loan, is that really such a gauche and terrible thing? Hopefully one of results of having beautiful and very expensive jewelry "advertised" on the lovely ears, neck and arms of the Princess Consort would be to promote business in Monaco.

Not that business in Monaco is suffering in the first place.

But having HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco display Monaco based Cartier's stunning earrings at the Bal de la Croix Rouge has quite a different impact than seeing Cara Delavigne or Angelina Jolie wearing them on the red carpet at a movie premiere, imo.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Yesterdatbat the reception pre gala of the princess Grace awards gala at the palace, Princess Cgarlene wore a beautifuk necklave

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
That is one gorgeous necklace. Just perfect. Love the dress, too.

Quote:
Good heavens that is a stunning necklace!
I agree!

Quote:
Monaco is a principauty but Prince Albert has more powers than the other Kings or Queens , he is governing and reigning and Queens and Kings are only reigning, he is also the head of state. The other Queens or Kings are doing fests to celebrate an anniversary, an anniversary of a reign with diams and jewels they have no more that these events to show that they are Kings or Queens without power also they show their diams and jewels. and Charlene is also the wife of the head of state...
Good points.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Monaco is a principauty but Prince Albert has more powers than the other Kings or Queens , he is governing and reigning and Queens and Kings are only reigning,
Heu... Monaco has also a Prime Minister. With five other ministers forming the Cabinet of the Principality. See link.

It is true that Prince Albert, "ruling" around 30.000 people (of which only 15% are monégasques with electoral rights !), can permit more than his "colleagues": the overwhelming majority of the people living in Monaco are foreigners, have nothing to do with the Prince, have no any vote at all (except paying for the taxes and the public services). But we must not exaggerate: a simple Mayor of a simple nearby town like Nice already has 320.000 citizens under his jurisdiction... So the "power" must be seen in true proportions.

Tags
princess charlene