The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The Princess was expected to appear with diadem, at Het Loo Palace, for a diner with King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix. Because of feeling unwell during pregnancy, the Princess sadly had to cancel her attendance. So there are more diadem-events than only weddings... Charlène was expected to be part in this picture.

I know, I meant the events she attended... I was astounded that at Princess Madeleine's wedding, for example, she didn't wear a tiara, or a parure, or a smamm diadem but alas, nothing, nada.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It still astonishes me that Prince Albert gave his wife two tiaras as a wedding present, when there was no plan for her to wear them! There were already several unworn tiaras in the family, and he buys more, just for the sake of loaning them to exhibitions and giving the jewellers excellant publicity?

The couple chose Charlene's new jewels together, as we know. So they must have talked about the possibilites to wear them. I can only assume that even before their wedding it was agreed that there was no plan to bring back tiaras to the National Day galas. To me it looks as if they were mainly intended to be additional exhibits for the Monaco Forum.
Tillia - This is just my opinion, but the man is very casual in his dress. He takes every opportunity to go open collar and avoid ties. He is very "resort wear plus a sport coat" in his dress. I think she takes her lead from his choices. I've always thought he sees himself as an athlete and she is an athlete. Hence their approach leans to the less fussy, and this includes jewelry.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the tiara events may come when Charlene and Albert make a State visit where there are Royals as Head of State and there is a banquet, or something similar such as a coronation, but we will just have to wait.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Her attitude/persona has changed dramatically since she presented Monaco with heirs. Her new confidence is almost palpable.

I am hoping that she will now feel "worthy" of appearing in full regalia at some of these formal events. I've believed she was worthy all along but it takes confidence to wear a tiara and Charlene seems to have that now.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I think the tiara events may come when Charlene and Albert make a State visit where there are Royals as Head of State and there is a banquet, or something similar such as a coronation, but we will just have to wait.

The problem is that Monaco does not make State Visits nor receives any State Visits. The same counts for Liechtenstein. The only very formal visits to Monaco and to Liechtenstein are the neighbours: France (Monaco), Austria (Liechtenstein) and Switzerland (Liechtenstein). These are no State Visits but the new head-of-state of these countries bring a courtesy visit, which only lasts a couple of hours and off they are again.

Picture: The President of France, Mr Nicholas Sarkozy, brings a formal visit to The Prince of Monaco (28 April 2008)

Picture: The President of France, Mr Nicholas Sarkozy, gently greets Madame Bernadette Chirac-Chodron de Courcel, former Première Dame de France (Wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco, July 2nd 2011)

Picture: The President of France, Mr François Hollande, brings a formal visit to the Prince of Monaco (14 November 2013)

Picture: The Prince of Monaco is a guest of honour to the President of France, Mr François Hollande, at the Défilé Militaire du Quatorze Juillet (14 July 2015). The persons are: the Mayor of Paris, the President of the National Assembly, the Prime Minister, the Président de la République, the President of the Senate and finally the Prince of Monaco.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hadn't realised this. When did this cease as Rainier and Grace certainly did?
Guess that leave a coronation.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Majesty

Princess Charlene at the Red Cross Ball | The Court Jeweller

Charlene wore beautiful jewels.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Has anyone seen better and closer photos of the necklace she wore to mass on Corsica:

Princess Charlene attends a Mass at the Church of St. John | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

It looks to me like it could be the miraculous medal which is popular with many catholics. Claire of Luxembourg(and many other catholic royals) wears one. I still have one from my catholic childhood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_Medal
Old 08-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it seems so. Maybe a gift from the church? Generally, one wears those kind of medal for particular occasions or reasons...
Old 08-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
Has anyone seen better and closer photos of the necklace she wore to mass on Corsica:

Princess Charlene attends a Mass at the Church of St. John | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

It looks to me like it could be the miraculous medal which is popular with many catholics. Claire of Luxembourg(and many other catholic royals) wears one. I still have one from my catholic childhood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_Medal

Yes it looks like the Princess is wearing The Miraculous Medal,I think I have one at home somewhere too,August has Marian feast day (August 15th) maybe that was her reason for wearing it.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The problem is that Monaco does not make State Visits nor receives any State Visits. The same counts for Liechtenstein. The only very formal visits to Monaco and to Liechtenstein are the neighbours: France (Monaco), Austria (Liechtenstein) and Switzerland (Liechtenstein). These are no State Visits but the new head-of-state of these countries bring a courtesy visit, which only lasts a couple of hours and off they are again.

Picture: The President of France, Mr Nicholas Sarkozy, brings a formal visit to The Prince of Monaco (28 April 2008)

Picture: The President of France, Mr Nicholas Sarkozy, gently greets Madame Bernadette Chirac-Chodron de Courcel, former Première Dame de France (Wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco, July 2nd 2011)

Picture: The President of France, Mr François Hollande, brings a formal visit to the Prince of Monaco (14 November 2013)

Picture: The Prince of Monaco is a guest of honour to the President of France, Mr François Hollande, at the Défilé Militaire du Quatorze Juillet (14 July 2015). The persons are: the Mayor of Paris, the President of the National Assembly, the Prime Minister, the Président de la République, the President of the Senate and finally the Prince of Monaco.
There are rarely full state visits to Monaco but there are from Monaco to other countries. Charlene and Albert have been on State Visits to Ireland and Germany as well as to some Eastern European countries but I don't think she will wear a tiara on such a visit unless it was a country with a monarchy.There will be many other occasions in the future however where I think we will see her in a tiara. The King of Norway will be 80 next February and I think there will be a gala. Albert attended the celebrations for the King's 70th birthday so there is a good chance that he and Charlene will go to this if it comes to pass.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlène was expected to wear a diadem at this event - see picture. The Princess of Monaco was just pregnant of her twins and excused for the banquet at Het Loo Palace, in the Netherlands.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
There are rarely full state visits to Monaco but there are from Monaco to other countries. Charlene and Albert have been on State Visits to Ireland and Germany as well as to some Eastern European countries but I don't think she will wear a tiara on such a visit unless it was a country with a monarchy.There will be many other occasions in the future however where I think we will see her in a tiara. The King of Norway will be 80 next February and I think there will be a gala. Albert attended the celebrations for the King's 70th birthday so there is a good chance that he and Charlene will go to this if it comes to pass.
I actually meant King Harald's 25 year anniversary on the throne next January and then a similar celebration for his 80th birthday in February 2017.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Princess Charlene wore an amazing Cartier Panthere bracelet for the Red Cross Ball, it's worth $230,000!
Princess Charlene Wears Cartier for the Red Cross Ball 2015 // The Royal Couturier
Old 09-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I do not like the design of the bracelet. I hope it is "just" a loan so she can quickly give it back. Perfect for Russian millionaire wives, I would say. I know that taste is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im going to agree Duc et Pair. For that kind of money I woild get an old Cartier piece. But as for borrowed...its fine!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

Meh...not for me. One thing I did notice is that her wedding band looks like its tarnished or something?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, if no one else admits to liking the cuff - I do! I like the delicate texture, the size and the not so subtle hook and loop closure. The original hook and loop - before the advent of velcro!
Old 09-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I prefer more traditional designs for diamond bracelets.

This one for only 1/5th of the prize (a platinum and diamond ‘Leaf and Flower’ Bracelet, Verdura, 1954 designed as a meandering flowering vine, set with numerous old mine and old European-cut diamonds weighing approximately 25.00 carats, length 6½ inches, unsigned; with fitted and signed box. Estimate – 50,000 – 70,000 USD).

This one for only 1/6th of the prize (a bracelet designed as a meandering flowering vine set with numerous baguette, round, marquise and pear-shaped diamonds weighing a total of approximately 46.25 carats, length 7 inches; together with a white gold, cubic zirconia and diamond backchain for conversion into a necklace, set with round and baguette diamonds weighing approximately .60 carat and numerous round and marquise-shaped cubic zirconia, length 9¾ inche. Estimate - 35,000 - 45,000 USD).
Old 09-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, if no one else admits to liking the cuff - I do! I like the delicate texture, the size and the not so subtle hook and loop closure. The original hook and loop - before the advent of velcro!
You're not alone :) i also think it looks good on her (i can understand it's not everybody's cup of tea, but then there is probably no piece of jewelry that absolutely everybody likes)

Tags
princess charlene