Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline's grandmother hated Grace with a passion and made sure to leave any jewels that belonged to her to Caroline and not Grace.

Both Charlotte’s Cartier and fringe tiara were in the Grace exhibition a few years back and they were listed ad property of the Prince of Monaco not Caroline. So I think they were inherited by Rainier and then by Albert and Caroline could use them. We should also bear in mind that there were only 5 years between the deaths of Charlotte and Grace, maybe if Grace had lived longer…

As for Charlene she seems a less is more person in terms of jewelry and fashion. And IMO it suits her very well.

To the best of my knowledge the Princess of Hanover is the only one to have worn either of her grandmothers tiaras.

I believe that Princess Charlene has, on at least one occasion worn jewels borrowed from Princess Caroline, and that was on her wedding day .I believe the brooches in her hair belong to her sister in law .

To the best of my knowledge the Princess of Hanover is the only one to have worn either of her grandmothers tiaras.

To my knowledge too but wearing or owning or having inherited is a different thing.
I’d rather believe the information at the Grace exhibit than the information in the gossip magazines.

A few years ago the Princess of Monaco was expected at Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn (the Netherlands) for a black-tie banquet with diadems. But sadly she was excused due to poor health (the Prince did attwnd). Otherwise we would have had a first real event (and no photoshoot) with a diadem worn by the Princess.

A few years ago the Princess of Monaco was expected at Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn (the Netherlands) for a black-tie banquet with diadems. But sadly she was excused due to poor health (the Prince did attwnd). Otherwise we would have had a first real event (and no photoshoot) with a diadem worn by the Princess.
Her attendance is no guarantee that she would have worn a tiara. She didn't wear one at the wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden.

I just think that Charlene is not interested in wearing these jewels because her tastes are more modern. Maybe Caroline wouldn’t mind loaning or lending jewels.
You may very well be right there, all of the jewels she has worn have been fantastic, magical, modern and yet timeless.

Unlike the aigrette she borrowed from Princess Charlotte on her wedding day, I am persuaded that the composition of her modern jewellery has been mostly platinum as opposed to gold, thus making the jewellery not only look ethereal but weigh far less than the older jewellery. I "think" I remember someone mentioning that the beautiful and unique aigrette weighed a ton and the long veil didn't help by tugging against the carpet.

All of the jewels that Charlene has worn have been light, airy, and unique. Her beautiful diamond drops with the main yellow drop diamond at the bottom come to mind. They were delicate but large and breathtaking.

Unlike the aigrette she borrowed from Princess Charlotte on her wedding day, I am persuaded that the composition of her modern jewellery has been mostly platinum as opposed to gold, thus making the jewellery not only look ethereal but weigh far less than the older jewellery. I "think" I remember someone mentioning that the beautiful and unique aigrette weighed a ton and the long veil didn't help by tugging against the carpet.

Platinum is heavier than gold.

You may very well be right there, all of the jewels she has worn have been fantastic, magical, modern and yet timeless.

All of the jewels that Charlene has worn have been light, airy, and unique. Her beautiful diamond drops with the main yellow drop diamond at the bottom come to mind. They were delicate but large and breathtaking.

The jewelry worn by Charlène may be "unique" but tastes differ. To me the Cartier Ocean diadem looks a difficult to wear piece due to the "v shape" of the monture, which makes it not fit nicely on the contours of the head and therefore probably has a not-optimal distribution of pressure on the head.

The Tabbah Cascade Collier was a piece which received mixed reactions. From "too showy" to "more for Abu Dhabi than for Monte-Carlo". Strangely enough it has never been seen anymore, while it would be a great sparkle the gala on the Fête Nationale or the Bal de la Rose.

The same can be said about the very modern Bäumer Aigrette, which got mixed reactions as well. That piece can also be worn as a corsage on a dress, draped over her shoulder. No issues of weight for a professional swimmer. Very strange that it was never seen again.

Not to mention the items from the historical collection. But what we say about Charlène, can be said about Princess Stéphanie: seldom and rarely, if ever, we see her wearing some serious bling. Maybe it is very personal and the ladies simply dislike the glitz and glam they see, every day, in the windows.of jewellers alongside Monte-Carlo's boulevards.

Last edited:
But what we say about Charlène, can be said about Princess Stéphanie: seldom and rarely, if ever, we see her wearing some serious bling. Maybe it is very personal and the ladies simply dislike the glitz and glam they see, every day, in the windows.of jewellers alongside Monte-Carlo's boulevards.

Charlene has worn some serious earrings in the last decade or so. Most are rarely repeated, lending credence to the view that they may have been borrowed for the event. So if she is willing to wear large earrings, query why she has never worn pieces with some family provenance?

Last edited:
Is there a clear picture of Princess Charlene at this evening's reception at Buckingham Palace?

I saw the arrival at the Palace and it seems she had a nice big diamond brooch.

I presume that Princess Charlene is advertising this necklace for sale for a charity. She does jewellery like nobody else does.

I wonder if its a loan or if Princess Charlene owns it outright?

I suspect it is a loan, unfortunately. Charlene is rarely seen repeating a piece of jewellery, which would suggest it is borrowed.

I suspect it is a loan, unfortunately. Charlene is rarely seen repeating a piece of jewellery, which would suggest it is borrowed.

Yes that is very true and hopefully we will see the Princess wearing some of her own jewels at the National Day celebrations.

Yes that is very true and hopefully we will see the Princess wearing some of her own jewels at the National Day celebrations.

It would be love;y to see the Princess wear some of her own jewellery or that which has historically been from the royal family, but over a decade into Charlene's time as a Princess, I am not optimistic.

Princess Charlène wore a Van Cleef and Arpels brooch Snowflake noeud with 169 diamonds. (catalogue price 187.500 euros)

Princess Charlène wore a Van Cleef and Arpels brooch Snowflake noeud with 169 diamonds. (catalogue price 187.500 euros)

I wonder if that’s another loan. Could you post this in the jewellery thread as well .

I wonder if that’s another loan. Could you post this in the jewellery thread as well .

I'm sure it is, most of her jewels are. It's strange because Grace had quite a few nice pieces yet Charlene has never worn any of them in 11 years of marraige. It's also weird that Albert purchased two tiaras as wedding gifts and yet at the one potential tiara event Monaco has, ie the National Day gala, she never wears one.

Princess Caroline probably has the lion's share of Grace's jewels. The magnificent diamond parure worn by Charlotte at her civil wedding evening Gala in June 2019 belonged to Princess Grace and was on loan from Caroline.

Princess Caroline probably has the lion's share of Grace's jewels. The magnificent diamond parure worn by Charlotte at her civil wedding evening Gala in June 2019 belonged to Princess Grace and was on loan from Caroline.

I agree with you but that shouldn't be the case. Charlene is the Princess Consort so she should have access to Grace's jewels. I've seen Andrea's wife wear some of Grace's stuff as well but I can't imagine that Grace left them all to Caroline knowing that Albert would marry some day.

:previous: I agree. But Grace did not inherit the jewels of her own mother in law, the Duchesse de Valentinois, who reportedly loathed her. They also passed to Caroline.

The odd, unfortunate family dynamic continues I suppose.:sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom