Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means Grace's jewels will eventually be passed down to the wives of Caroline's two sons and to Alexandra and Charlotte. And if we are lucky we will get an occasional glimpse like we did at Charlotte's Civil wedding evening gala when she caused such a sensation by Grace's Cartier diamonds around her neck.

I really would like to see her in Princess Grace jewels but all Grace's jewellery was given to Caroline:sad:

What a pity that there's not a Grimaldi Family Foundation for the historic jewels,other than the Princess Alexandra of Hanover I doubt any of Caroline's daughters in law will be invited to any gala tiara events.

I must confess that i actually like that Charlene does not wear the family jewels much. She has her own style and obviously, she insists on it. Good for her.

What a pity that there's not a Grimaldi Family Foundation for the historic jewels,other than the Princess Alexandra of Hanover I doubt any of Caroline's daughters in law will be invited to any gala tiara events.

I guess a lot of this comes down to the interpretation of historic. A lot of the jewellery that Grace wore was new to her, and to that extent, hers to dispose as she considered appropriate.

As regards family foundations, I do not see them as always being necessary. The jewels can always flow down the main line, with the sovereign of the day deciding to what extent they would like to share jewels with other members of the family. The system in the UK works as the Queen would like it to.

I guess a lot of this comes down to the interpretation of historic. A lot of the jewellery that Grace wore was new to her, and to that extent, hers to dispose as she considered appropriate.

As regards family foundations, I do not see them as always being necessary. The jewels can always flow down the main line, with the sovereign of the day deciding to what extent they would like to share jewels with other members of the family. The system in the UK works as the Queen would like it to.

There's also the jewels of Princess Charlotte that were inherited by the Princess of Hanover ,it would be a shame if they too were sold off.

The Court Jeweller: Monaco

At the big Grace Kelly exhibition a few years ago her jewelry and the tiara’s of Princess Charlotte were listed as property of the Prince of Monaco.

I believe the story that Caroline inherited them is made up by the press as she is the one seen wearing the jewelry.

I'd love to see Charlene in the Bains de Mer rubies (in tiara form or otherwise) with Grace's ruby drop earrings.

At the big Grace Kelly exhibition a few years ago her jewelry and the tiara’s of Princess Charlotte were listed as property of the Prince of Monaco.

I believe the story that Caroline inherited them is made up by the press as she is the one seen wearing the jewelry.

I think Charlene feels somewhat like QEII after the death of her father. The QM kept a large amount of royal jewels that were designated for use by the monarch but she was hardly going to demand that her mother hand them over and Charlene has taken a leaf from her book.

Starting with the aigrette she wore to hold her veil, all the royal magazines waxed lyrical about Princess Caroline "allowing" her to use it. Caroline0 is the only Monaco royal anyone associated with the historical pieces. I don't believe Albert would ask for them back.

Charlene's answer has been to create an "image" of a woman who appreciates more modern and eclectic jewellery and I think Albert has probably purchased almost all the strikingly beautiful pieces Charlene has worn. He is proud enough not to wish to see jewels his wife has "borrowed" adorning other women and his pockets are deep enough.

I don't know what Charlene would look like in a tiara from the family collection but her wedding style, day and evening were the very antithesis of each other. But I live her collection of earrings and have to admit to a tinge of green when drooling over any new ones.

Charlene's answer has been to create an "image" of a woman who appreciates more modern and eclectic jewellery and I think Albert has probably purchased almost all the strikingly beautiful pieces Charlene has worn. He is proud enough not to wish to see jewels his wife has "borrowed" adorning other women and his pockets are deep enough.

I am not sure I agree with Albert having bought most of the jewellery that Charlene has worn since they married. Barring a few personal pieces, I think most of the jewellery Charlene has worn for gala occasions has been borrowed from jewellers, as she is rarely seen wearing the same piece twice.

I am not sure I agree with Albert having bought most of the jewellery that Charlene has worn since they married. Barring a few personal pieces, I think most of the jewellery Charlene has worn for gala occasions has been borrowed from jewellers, as she is rarely seen wearing the same piece twice.

That's very true its so hard to figure out what its borrowed and what the Princess actually owns outright.

Plus there were some really long gaps between engagements by the Princess over the past decade.

A really beautful brooch. Pity that she didn't wear it on a red or blue gown where it would stand out more then on whie. Lets hope she will wear it more often.

Hopefully we will see it worn at an official capacity ,perhaps National Day in 10 months time.

What a shame the Princess didn't compliment it with better earrings or a diamond bracelet.

Nice to see part of it been worn finally!

:previous: I've been an admirer of Princess Charlene's Ocean tiara since it was first seen back in 2011 as a wedding gift from Prince Albert II of Monaco to his bride. A necklace that can be worn as a tiara, it was designed especially for Charlene. And now, we see it in the form of this exquisite pendant. I agree An Ard Ri, it really is nice to see part of it finally being worn.

We haven't really seen much of Charlene's jewel collection over the years ,I;m still hoping we will see her in a tiara and orders some day!

There are earrings that match the Ocean tiara and she has worn them a couple of times but I don't know whether they are made from elements of the tiara itself or are completely separate pieces.

it doesn't look the same element of the tiara to me, but only similar in desing. the pendant lack of the empty space the elements of the tiaras has (near the saphires that are part of the circle) and the big diamond is missing too.
could it be a pendant or a broch to use with the tiara?

I wonder why Charlene has never worn Grace's ruby drop earrings or the Brains de Mer rubies, even in their brooch form. These were Grace's own jewels and nothing to do with Princess Charlotte so I don't think Caroline has exclusive rights to these.

I wonder why Charlene has never worn Grace's ruby drop earrings or the Brains de Mer rubies, even in their brooch form. These were Grace's own jewels and nothing to do with Princess Charlotte so I don't think Caroline has exclusive rights to these.
It’s possible she either doesn’t like them or doesn’t care to wear much jewels.

I wonder if the Princess owns them or if they were a loan?

Caroline's grandmother hated Grace with a passion and made sure to leave any jewels that belonged to her to Caroline and not Grace. As to Grace's personal jewellery, it is a matter of fact that Princess Caroline was the First Lady of Monaco for decades and it would be a little hard for Albert or Charlene to demand she turn them over.

Queen Elizabeth had the same problem with the Queen/Queen Consort's jewels in her mother's possession. She did not hand her favourites over to her daughter when she became Queen and the QM became the Dowager Queen.

I think we have that to thank for the stream of beautiful earrings, necklaces and bracelets that Charlene has worn. As to how much of it Prince Albert owns? While my thrifty sense says most are borrowed, I also get the impression that Prince Albert is wealthy and loves Charlene in jewels and would not really like to see someone else flaunting those same jewels in Monaco.

Caroline's grandmother hated Grace with a passion and made sure to leave any jewels that belonged to her to Caroline and not Grace. As to Grace's personal jewellery, it is a matter of fact that Princess Caroline was the First Lady of Monaco for decades and it would be a little hard for Albert or Charlene to demand she turn them over.

Queen Elizabeth had the same problem with the Queen/Queen Consort's jewels in her mother's possession. She did not hand her favourites over to her daughter when she became Queen and the QM became the Dowager Queen.

I think we have that to thank for the stream of beautiful earrings, necklaces and bracelets that Charlene has worn. As to how much of it Prince Albert owns? While my thrifty sense says most are borrowed, I also get the impression that Prince Albert is wealthy and loves Charlene in jewels and would not really like to see someone else flaunting those same jewels in Monaco.
I just think that Charlene is not interested in wearing these jewels because her tastes are more modern. Maybe Caroline wouldn’t mind loaning or lending jewels.

Princess Charlene has still yet to attend a tiara event and my surprise us yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom