The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Just stunning I love the little headband and those earrings just so beautiful she looks stunning.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I have the feeling this hair ornament and the unusual designed earrings are loans, as so often with Charlène, whom seems willing to let herself be used as a display for jewelry firms. I hope that, for once, the Prince has bought a nice set of jewels for his spouse. All that borrowing does not help for the stature of the Princesse de Monaco, in my personal opinion.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Just stunning I love the little headband and those earrings just so beautiful she looks stunning.
Couldn't agree more. She looks stunning. The diamond hair piece, earrings and bracelet - lovely. With this pregnancy Charlene seems to have taken a significant step forward into a more glamorous and 'mature' style. Her style is still a minimalist kind of simplicity - very uncluttered - but she's gone up a notch with that essential style. Nice to see.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

you Charlene is stunning with these headband and earings.
Duc and Pair, yes, it is your opinion, What doh you know about the jewellery Charlene wore yesterday? nothing, have you the proof that it is a loan, no

Why would these jewellery do not belong to the princess?

Charlene wore already the earings
Old 08-02-2014, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Beautiful jewelry, wish I could see more of the headband, suits her perfectly. Bracelet too
These kind of headbands (in rhine stone) are quite fashionable at the moment. So maybe jewellery house discovered the diamond version of it and we will see them on more than one Princess in the future? And shouldn't it be possible to put nearly any kind of brooch on such a band? Infinitive possibilities to play around with !!

Imo this stunning get-up could be a sign that her phase of jewel austerity is history, and that she is now ready for her real tiaras when the occasion comes. Maybe the next Swedish wedding?
Old 08-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
These kind of headbands (in rhine stone) are quite fashionable at the moment. So maybe jewellery house discovered the diamond version of it and we will see them on more than one Princess in the future? And shouldn't it be possible to put nearly any kind of brooch on such a band? Infinitive possibilities to play around with !!
Just had a mental picture of Cullinan 3 and 4 on a headband yeah, maybe not

It's good to see some bling on P.Charlene, even though for me taste a headband was not really gala-esque (but as it wasn't a tiara-event, i guess it was okay)
Old 08-02-2014, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
you Charlene is stunning with these headband and earings.
Duc and Pair, yes, it is your opinion, What doh you know about the jewellery Charlene wore yesterday? nothing, have you the proof that it is a loan, no

Why would these jewellery do not belong to the princess?

Charlene wore already the earings
Charlène has a history of borrowing jewels as you possibly know. The headband looks like a broche set on a frame. That broche can be the real stuff. At this moment this sort of headbands is popular (with fake stones). Undoubtedly we will find out soon enough more about these ornaments. The earrings seem real but the "open hook" through the earlobe does not match with earrings having real diamonds. Usually earrings with the real stuff have a secured lock to be sure the earrings will not get lost.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

No Duc and Pair, I don't know that the history of the jewels of Charlene is borrowing , it is still your opinion. You searched since yesterday a raison to critic Charlene as use.

A close up on Charlene

Princess Charlene of Monaco attends the 66th Monaco Red Cross Ball... Photo d'actualité 453054518 | Getty Images
Old 08-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Grace borrowed jewels as well. So it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the headband is a loan. Better loan than rhine stone, imo.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
No Duc and Pair, I don't know that the history of the jewels of Charlene is borrowing , it is still your opinion. You searched since yesterday a raison to critic Charlene as use.

A close up on Charlene

Princess Charlene of Monaco attends the 66th Monaco Red Cross Ball... Photo d'actualité 453054518 | Getty Images
No critics at all. Just an observation and a personal opinion.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved her jewels at the red cross gala! The hairband suited her but I'm still uncertain about it...
Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Gentry

Bijoussimo IDed the head band as one by Graff and I agree it definitely looks like it could be the same.
Charlène, princesse de Monaco

Here's an article from The Jewellery Editor on Graff's diamond alice bands with a large picture of the piece in question which they call "Graff Diamonds flower motif Alice band featuring 16.47ct diamonds"
Graff taps into the trend for jewels worn in the hair with a new collection of diamond Alice bands | The Jewellery Editor
Old 08-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Great! I'm convinced that it's a match. That answers the question of fake or real. Now we still have to find out if it's loan or own.

I really like the look of this style and hope to see much more of it. It's contemporary, fits modern hair styles and is appropriate for black tie events.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Last year I was in the Hôtel de Paris in Monte Carlo and inside I saw a little venue where the jeweller Graff has some displays. Maybe Charlène became inspired there.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Graff Diamonds? Not Cartier?
Old 08-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho View Post
Graff Diamonds? Not Cartier?
In the Hôtel de Paris in Monte Carlo? The glass cabinets there were from Graff. I did not know the company but the display was nice. Diamonds are diamonds, of course.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is now an annual summer exhibition. This year they are celebrating 10 years.
Graff
Old 08-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara Mania View Post
Princess Charlene looks stunning at the Red Cross Gala wearing a diamond headband, earrings, and bracelet.

Getty Images/ Pascal Le Segretain
Simple but great jewels for Princess Charlene
Old 08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Nobility

Charlene's earrings and headband are by Graff. the designer of the bracelet is unknown (not Graff or VCA!

The Royal Couturier: Princess Charlene's Jewelry at the Red Cross Gala 2014!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the Graff headband. Such a nice way to wear diamonds to a non-tiara event.

Tags
princess charlene