Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see her at an public dressed event like this and with the tiara 'ocean'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAfch2WFYKt/

The portrait is in the palace , in a room of the big appartment we can visit during the summer, I saw it, it is a beautiful portrait,
Melina, since you saw the portrait in person, do you remember what the tiara looked like? I always found it strange that they had a portrait painted with a tiara that had not family connection. Or it could even be an invention of the artist. Strange indeed.

When I saw it, It seemed to be the tiara ' ocean' because I reconyze it because there are waves in the tiara

:previous:
If that's the real portrait, I care for it at all. I apologize, but Charlene looks more like Barbie than herself. If it was accepted by HSH Princess Charlene and it obviously was if it's hanging at the palace, then Charlene and Albert liked and approved of it.

The portrait was comanded by Prince Albert to Ralph Cowan some times after their wedding, the painter already painted the family of Grimaldi, it is in a room of the big apartments, it is the real portrait , I think
Albert and Charlene like it, it is the most important.

There is also this portrait with the ' ocean' as collar

http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bild.jpg

But I didn't see it in the big apartments

Hm no... I have seen better artworks, I am afraid to say... So many fantastic artists in the Provence... It looks like those pencil-drawings made in hobby class. The Princess of Monaco deserves better.

The portrait seems to hang in the Monaco Yacht Club. Can you see it is Charlène? I have to look three times to see who it is.
Picture: http://niklasamundson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/CS07871-75-Charlene-comp1.jpg

Last edited:
:previous:

Well...it's obviously an idealized "Graced up" version of Charlene but it's stunning nonetheless.

That's the way Charlene looked at the time of her wedding to Albert, and the resemblance to her late mother-in-law is uncanny.

And the Ocean Tiara is equally gorgeous on Princess Charlene both as a necklace and on her head, imo.

Last edited:
Whilst it is nice to see Charlene in large statement earrings ever so often, it wiohld be good to see some of them repeated, so as to establish if any of them actually belong to her and are not just borrowed from jewelers for the evening.

Its great to see the Princess wearing new pieces but I'm not a fan of these diamond chandelier earrings,they look too long.

The Princess of Monaco Jewellery [Charlene]

I agree that these earrings are too long. It looks more like costume jewellery. Fail. [emoji20]

Last edited:
Everybody hes taste, I don(t see a fail with these wonderfull earings, the diamongs are to die.
Albert said in an interview in People that he uses to offer to Charlene jewellery pieces, I think since more than 10 years, She must have beautiful earings, collars and bracelets

The earrings might be a bit long, but with Charlene's wonderful neck they suit her to a T. Not everyone has Charlene's aplomb and carriage to be able to wear such a magnificent dress and out of this world earrings.

They don't look good on her... [..]

Debra Messing carries off those earrings much more elegantly than Charlene. A shame.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that means that they were on loan from Cartier?
Probably. I assume that those jewellery companies just love to loan her something. But it might never be known for sure.

Personally, I find these earrings a bit too long. It's one of the rare cases, where I'd prefer certain jewels with loose hair.

It was not Charlene's best moment -- earrings that long simply do not look good with such a harsh (short) hairstyle. The lipstick was just wrong too.

I suspect the earrings were on loan in this case. It's quite apt that they were from Cartier, considering the maison's South African connection... Maybe we will see Charlene wearing more Cartier pieces in the future.

I am not agree with Pranter and Victoria'secret and Princess Grace wore cartier jewellery and she was american not south african
With Togram, I find Charlene stunning with this red dress and these wonderfull earings. and we are not alone all the medias are also saying it

Every time Charlene is wearing new earings, new bracelet new collar, we have always here some readers who are claiming that it is a loan

Albert said in an interview that he used to offer to Charlene some sets of jellery for the birthday or for their anniversary of wedding, they are married since 2011, there were already a lot of anniversaries to celebrate where Charlene received collars, bracelets or earings

I think the earrings are gorgeous on Princess Charlene, even though they are admittedly a little too long.

Ideally,earrings like those look best on a woman with a long swan neck(think the late Queen Fabiola) but they still work on Charlene because of her great height, imo.:)

I have no doubt that many (if not most) of the stunning jewellery pieces Charlene has worn are in fact her own. But probably not this particular set of earrings as they were also seen recently worn by an actress. Most likely they have been bought back by Cartier in auction for their private collection, which is my guess. Also, they are high jewellery pieces (one of a kind).

And with regard to Cartier, I was referring to the fact that it is a South African-owned brand.

Several off-topic and bickering comments have been removed.

Charlene has been wearing Cartier jewelry since before she became a princess. Her wedding band is Cartier, the earrings she wore for the twins' baptism are also Cartier. The relationship between the jeweler and the princely family has been there for centuries. This why these earrings could easily be a loan, the reason I don't think they are the birthday present from Prince Albert is because they were sold in June 2016 and he said in January 2017 that he still hadn't bought her present

:previous:Thank you so much for the video. I hated the first chandelier earrings because on Charlene they looked clunky and bulky. Everything else was lovely and I find myselft full of envy even knowing if I had some I would have nowhere to wear them . . . clipping the topiary maybe?

That being said, I did not particularly like the long Cartier pair worn with her red gown. The were too long and too skinny and somehow didn't look balanced as they did when Deborah Messing wore them. I don't think they suited Charlene at all and, when we look at all of Charlene's jewellery, we can see a definite style emerging and these just don't fit.

As to the comments as to whether jewels are owned or borrowed, it is a fair question. The only historic jewellery we have seen her wear is the aigrette she borrowed for Princess Caroline for her wedding. So I imagine that either the historical jewels are not in Albert's possession or that he or Charlene do not like them overmuch. Consequently, Charlene has been the lucky recipient of so many stunning, substantial, earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings.

Admittedly I don't know the provenance of her pearl necklace or those gorgeous, pearl and diamond studs which never go out of style. But I love the fabulous, artistic, new jewels that we would normally see only on the various Red Carpets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom