Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a look through some pics of Princess Charlotte to see if there is any evidence of the amethysts, similarly with Grace, but nothing found so far.( Interestingly, it's rare to find a picture of anyone other than Caroline wearing this stone). I agree that the bracelet in particular looks more contemporary.

I loved those amethyst jewels, especially that unusually shaped bracelet. But they looked quite contemporary to my, or at least not older than the 1980's. Though I am far from an expert on jewel history. Maybe someone here has a better idea of the era they might date from?:flowers:

I'm with you on that opinion. Myroyals Hollywood also had a comment that the gems Princess Charlene wore were owned by the Grimaldi family. The bracelet is too contemporary in design to be an antique piece and the matching earrings don't look vintage before the 1980's. At least to me they don't look like something Princess Charlotte (Rainier's mother) owned.

Th palace press office has a long history of stretching and all out misrepresenting the truth. Here you need to read what they said closely.

They said it belonged to the historical house...yes the Grimaldi house is historic. They implied nothing about the age or length of ownership. The only noted who owned it.

More likely this piece is very recent, given to the palace or Charlene on a Tour and therefore to her in the position of Princess and not a personal piece.

It would have been easier to say so but it would have brought questions. Things like who donated or gave it and therefore had spent so much. Monarchs of recent are being more transparent about those who have and buy influence but Monaco is not. It also would have brought criticism with some of the people of Monaco who are still having financial issues.

In short, easier to imply and let the bloggers and fans think otherwise. It is very clear this is not an antique piece. Even expert bloggers on the royal jewels board have noted this.

Until Monaco and it's press office learn to be more transparent, read between the lines for their 'carefully worded' releases.

Last edited:
Booing - you have brought up an interesting point. I don't know where to look for the Monaco Palace press office's reports so thank you for your input. It is very possible that this piece of jewelry is a personal gift, a recent one at that. Who knows, maybe it is a custom piece as was the Ocean Tiara.

Booing, this is a very astute interpretation of the comment from the Palace. I have often noticed how rarely the Grimaldi jewels are featured in books and articles and this may also be partly explained by the reticence of official sources to reveal the provenance of items.

Th palace press office has a long history of stretching and all out misrepresenting the truth. Here you need to read what they said closely.

They said it belonged to the historical house...yes the Grimaldi house is historic. They implied nothing about the age or length of ownership. The only noted who owned it.

More likely this piece is very recent, given to the palace or Charlene on a Tour and therefore to her in the position of Princess and not a personal piece.

It would have been easier to say so but it would have brought questions. Things like who donated or gave it and therefore had spent so much. Monarchs of recent are being more transparent about those who have and buy influence but Monaco is not. It also would have brought criticism with some of the people of Monaco who are still having financial issues.

In short, easier to imply and let the bloggers and fans think otherwise. It is very clear this is not an antique piece. Even expert bloggers on the royal jewels board have noted this.

Until Monaco and it's press office learn to be more transparent, read between the lines for their 'carefully worded' releases.

I have to disagree, their carefully worded release said the earrings and bracelet are part of a historic suite that belongs to the house of Grimaldi, not that they're a part of a suite that belongs to the historic house of Grimaldi. ;)

Booing, this is a very astute interpretation of the comment from the Palace. I have often noticed how rarely the Grimaldi jewels are featured in books and articles and this may also be partly explained by the reticence of official sources to reveal the provenance of items.

Yes that's very true Elly C,we know very little about the Grimaldi jewels past and present other than what Princess Caroline has worn.

I have seen lots of pictures of the Princesses of Monaco and I am sure I have never seen the amethyst-set before. Furthermore it looks like a contemporary design to me, that´s why I would guess that Charlène´s jewelery worn at the Ralph Lauren show is a fairly new addition to the collection. Whatever history or provenience, the earrings and bracelet are magnificent pieces of jewelery & the set looks absolutely stunning on Charlène :flowers:
Hopefully we are going to be able to see it again at many public events in the future!

I have to disagree, their carefully worded release said the earrings and bracelet are part of a historic suite that belongs to the house of Grimaldi, not that they're a part of a suite that belongs to the historic house of Grimaldi. ;)

We will have to agree to disagree.

There is still nothing in that statement that says how long they have been in the "house of Grimaldi." They may well be 'historic' to the palace, while obviously not that historic to experts, which implies hundreds of years and not decades. They may still be recent acquisitions or gifts to the head of state.

When dealing with press officers, in particular with Monaco's track record, you have to read between the lines. They have tried to pull the wool over too many times to be taken at face value as if everything they say is fact, needing no verification. Healthy skepticism to those who try to rewrite history.

Last edited:
There's a difference between new-new and new-to-the-Grimaldis. While they look like both to me, it's possible they're not new-new but new-to-the-Grimaldis. They could still probably be called 'historic' if they were created more than a century ago or have a historic provenance that we don't know about but the Grimaldis recently acquired them.

Yes that's very true Elly C,we know very little about the Grimaldi jewels past and present other than what Princess Caroline has worn.

Prince Albert once said in an interview that during the French revolution many pieces of jewels probably disappeared.

Her amethysts looked stunning with that gorgeous purple gown! Very glamorous look!

The sapphire drop earrings are knock out! :wub:

Beautiful sapphire earrings. I do hope they are worn more than once.

The earrings are fantastic, but I believe they're blue topaz, not sapphire

I love Charlene in yellow diamonds! She is really showing off these new pieces to great effect. I wonder if....down the road....when she becomes more comfortable....

a yellow diamond tiara! (I can dream, can't I?)

The yellow diamond ring and bracelet are breathtaking. I don't know how she chose to wear all these beautiful jewels.

I'm really liking Princess Charlene's new jewels,I wonder what she will wear for Monaco's National day celebrations?

I love the new jewels and love that Charlene is wearing them! Those blue topaz earrings look wonderful on her. Just keep the bling coming.

Last edited:
I am blown away by the ease and confidence with which Charlene is wearing such statement pieces. She is definitely coming into her own having shed the pretty princessy long hair for a dynamic and versatile short do. It seems to have freed her up to do her own thing, and boy can she do it well!

No jewels today - the gown doesn't need them.

Fabulous amethysts - drop dead gorgeous with a fabulous fantasy gown in deep amethyst.

No earrings - they would detract from the gorgeous ruffle neckline of her to-die-for black gown . . . but she throws in some serious yellow diamonds on the wrist just to add a little voom!

Elegant and restrained large pearl studs - beautiful with a black scoop neck gown.

Gorgeous diamond and blue topaz earrings - make her eyes look so blue and her neck so long and elegant . . .

I know there has been a lot of debate about the Amethyst Suite, that while they may be historic they are new to Monaco. But who cares. Gifts, especially wedding gifts, etc. are IMO nobodys business but theirs. As for what is or is not in their little vault, well there may be a lot less than in QEII but a lot more than we think! After all, amethysts have been and may still be classed as semi-precious gems. They look better than an awful lot of "real" gems seen decorating many royals.

I eagarly await the next installment of Charlene's jewels.

Charlene has worn some stunning earrings lately. Do we know anything about these worn for the National Day Gala?
pic

She is one stunning woman. I love it when she wears her jewels, even when its just one piece, but she is the only one who can get away with that......

Thanks for posting, Elly C. Some stunning pieces indeed! My favourites are the pairs from Red Cross Ball 2013 and Heart for Children 2011...whch are yours?

Last edited:
Thanks once again, Elly C, like the sets from P Grace Awards 2012(?) and W&K wedding 2011. She seems to favour earrings and bracelets, not so much brooches, chokers or even watches. Do you have a collection of pics on her bracelets too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom