Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Another stunning pair of earrings

daylife
Didn't we see Charlotte wearing somthing similar?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Majesty

is she usally wearing jewllery once or is there any jewllery she has worn more then once? i wonder how much is hers or how much is borrowed from designers

Old 09-05-2011, 02:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I love her minimalist approach to jewellery. One signature piece and that's your whack. Not for her the multitudinous bracelets of CP Mary or the dripping necklaces and tiaras of CP Maxima. One object that compliments the gown and hair and that is it.

The fabulous Ocean tiara worn as a necklace at the Red Cross Ball.

Princess Charlene Of Monaco Attends The 63Rd Red Cross Ball At The

A beautiful necklace with a long white dress.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13152003745654

A pair of what looked like diamond studs with a strapless LBD.

http://i52.tinypic.com/200d9tu.jpg

And last, but by no means least, these stunning white and yellow? diamond chandelier earrings complimenting a beautiful long ivory V=-neck gown. So very, very, elegant!

Photo from Getty Images
Old 09-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:

daylife
Aren't they new?
They look like they are from Graff jewelers from the waterfall collection
Lovely pair of earrings, wish she had worn a necklace or pendent as well.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:

daylife
Wow, I am really impressed! The more I look at Charlene´s fast growing jewel casket, the less I miss Prs Grace´s jewels.... although I am still hoping to see some of the "old jewels", Charlene´s "new & modern jewel collection" has so many impressive additions (classic plus modern, but valuable and with the "special something"), which has the ability to surprise us again and again.
BYe Bine
Old 09-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Wow, I am really impressed! The more I look at Charlene´s fast growing jewel casket, the less I miss Prs Grace´s jewels.... although I am still hoping to see some of the "old jewels", Charlene´s "new & modern jewel collection" has so many impressive additions (classic plus modern, but valuable and with the "special something"), which has the ability to surprise us again and again.
BYe Bine
but are we realy sure its her and not borrewed? what jewllery has she worn more then once?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
but are we realy sure its her and not borrewed? what jewllery has she worn more then once?
Well, she might have a collection we aren't aware of and will wear each piece and then start recycling, she also might have access to the royal jewels and start wearing some. As a Princess, she hasn't had that many events to recycle pieces Imo. You can only tell after she has attended a lot of events.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

These earrings are gorgeous. Very modern which is her style. I long to see her in some old pieces with her classic beauty, but I don't know if I will. These earrings look like Graff to me~
Old 09-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Majesty

some jewllery she has worn

january 2011
an other one
pearl and diamond earings
one more
yet an other
braclet and earings
in sweden
in sweden
Old 09-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Thank you Josefine for this list. Charlene has indeed worn some exquiste pieces that enhance an already sophisticated and elegant look.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

I thibk she might own these as she wore them in Ireland as well but with a diamond drop in the centre.

62nd Red Cross Ball In Monte Carlo - Pictures - Zimbio

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slides...84688_huge.jpg
Old 09-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Courtier

These earings are ABSOLUTELY exquisite. Slightly modern but Charlene certainly does them justice. The lovely white gown and the beautifully styled hair just bring it all together. Supreme elegance.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Forgive me for asking, but why would Charlene have to wear jewellery she doesn't own ?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Forgive me for asking, but why would Charlene have to wear jewellery she doesn't own ?
My personal opinion is like celebrities they have access to anything for free, so why bother buying really expensive jewels to go with every outfit when you can borrow. I could be wrong. Maybe Charlene does buy or is gifted everything she wears which would be so much classier than borrowing. I find it ironic that celebrities are the ones who can afford to buy but usually don't. Tacky IMO. The older guard, Royals or celebs would have never borrowed (or at least not very often). This is all my opinion. no offense to anyone!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
She gets to wear a fabulous piece of jewelry once or twice without having to pay for it, and the jeweler gets the cache her name would lend to the sale of the piece price-wise.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

There is nothing new about royals wearing jewellery they don't own. Within the Grimaldi family Princess Grace wore items that appear to have been on loan ( such as the Van Cleef tiara) What is interesting is how long is the loan for. In some cases it may be for a specific occasion - such as the jewels Grace wore for the costume ball of the century, but some may be lent for while the person is alive - although I don't recall seeing this explicitly expressed anywhere- just that the jewels are returned to the maker's collection as in the Van Cleef example. In Charlene's case I guess there will be a similar mixed economy but we won't know what she owns and what is lent.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
They look like they are from Graff jewelers from the waterfall collection
Lovely pair of earrings, wish she had worn a necklace or pendent as well.
They remind me more of the Chanel earrings like the one Nicole Kidman wore for this ad:

http://i.models.com/i/db/2008/12/3621/3621-800w.jpg

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is completely off topic, but dang who does Charlene's hair. She usually wears buns, but they are done is such different ways that they are usually so beautiful.
As for her jewelry, she has some amazing earrings.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Charlene really does dress in a way that puts her in a class on her own. The lines of this dress are amazing and she carries it off effortlessly. Every dress is her.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
My personal opinion is like celebrities they have access to anything for free, so why bother buying really expensive jewels to go with every outfit when you can borrow. I could be wrong. Maybe Charlene does buy or is gifted everything she wears which would be so much classier than borrowing. I find it ironic that celebrities are the ones who can afford to buy but usually don't. Tacky IMO. The older guard, Royals or celebs would have never borrowed (or at least not very often). This is all my opinion. no offense to anyone!
I prefer royals buy their jewels because then they can add it to their treasure trove to be worn again by themselves and also future generations. It becomes a part of history.

Tags
princess charlene