Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
If she does wear a tiara she'll be accused by the usual suspects of grandstanding or getting above herself or having delusions of grandeur.
Plus the predictable "If it was good enough for Grace..." etc etc.

:previous:Yes, you are quite right. She will be careful to avoid that kind of criticism.
Maybe we will see her with a tiara after the wedding, although there won't be that many tiara events. All the current CP's are married, the British traditionally have morning weddings (no tiara alert at Will's wedding!), not many state visits going on in Monaco... But the time may come that the future Princess of Monaco has to don a tiara, and I hope that will will be one from the family.

Princess Grace always wore a tiara for the Gala-perfomance at the Opera on the evening of the National Day. Perhaps Charlene will do the same.
There was also a Gala at the Opera for the Wedding Celebrations of Rainier and Gracia. And it was a tiara Event. Perhaps the same next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - we might not see a tiara often or soon.
However it will be VERY intersting to see which tiara she then would wear? I am not aware that any family tiaras have been left - all went to Caroline.
So PLEASE - Mon Prince - go and get her a beautiful new one - to start a new tradition. :)

Is it certain that Caroline owns those jewels personally? From all I read about it, it was more or less what people assumed, stince she was the only one who wore the fringe tiara (as a necklace) and the pearl tiara. I can well imagine that those jewels went to the prince and Caroline wore while acting as Monaco's first lady. And if I am not mistaken, Grace had a couple of tiaras which were never worn after her death, like the Bains de Mer ruby tiara, the Van Cleef diamond tiara or the diamond necklace/tiara with the arcs. I have seen pictures of Grace with a couple of other tiaras, but don't now if they were borrowed.
It would certainly nice if they re-stard the tradition of the first lady wearing a tiara on the eve of national day. But I have the feeling they might not. We have to wait and see.

I think it was more or less confirmed, that all the family jewelry went to Caroline - although I still consider it strange - as there was a male heir....
Stefan - maybe you can help?

It really would be extremely strange if all the jewels went to one child and the other two receiving nothing. If there were an estrangement between Ranier and Albert and Stephanie, it would be understandable. But that was not the case. And as you say, Albert is the heir, it doesn't make sense to leave the heir without family jewel.
Also royal houses usually don't give much information about such matters. Most information comes from more or less (un-)reliable sources, and rumours are so often repeated on the internet till they are accepted as fact. That is why I still hope that Albert got his share of the jewellery.
But it would be great if Stefan or someone else could help!

Last edited by a moderator:
But Carina Axelsson wore one at the wedding, didn't she? and she's not even married to Prince Gustav.

Can I just say, that aside from her wedding day, I really don't see Charlene as a tiara wearing person? I think she looks great as she is, and when I try to picture her with a tiara either worn by Princess Grace or Princess Caroline she looks ridiculous. Has anybody photoshopped this out to see what she's look like?

But Carina Axelsson wore one at the wedding, didn't she? and she's not even married to Prince Gustav.
I don't think that we can really compare Charlene and Carina's situations.
It looks like Carina wearing tiaras is a visible sign that the Gustav's family has fully accepted her as his partner, even if they can't marry because of Gustav's late grandfather's will. And the Berleburg family has a strong "tiara-tradition". Gustav's mother, aunt (Queen Margrethe), sisters and cousins have all worn tiara's before their marriage. And they often attend white tie events in Denmark.
But look at Monaco: Stephanie never ever wore a tiara in her life. Even at Prince Albert's accession Caroline didn't wear one (whereas CP Victoria and Sophie Wessex did). Sofar no Monaco bride has worn a wedding tiara. I am convinced that Charlene will only wear tiaras until after her marriage, (but I would love to be proven wrong;))

Tatler's cover is good, but it really doesn't look like her at all. I think the photo would have been prettier without the frou-frou feathers. I think she is very striking looking.

I think she looks average and not feminine at all, but she's got one beautiful engagement ring there.;) And she combined it so nicely with this magnificent necklace and earrings - Cartier I suspect. I love yellow diamonds! :wub:

I think the necklace she's wearing in the tatler cover can be converted into a tiara.

The Tatler cover is not nice IMO. Too much photoshopping.

Now if that necklace is a tiara...wouldn't that be nice? Did anyone purchase it....usually they give the details of the look on the inside cover. You know..Charlene is wearing X .....and the jewels are provide by Y.....make up by Z.

Although her engagement ring is pear shaped, it is a white diamond. Do you think they photoshopped it yellow? Why would they do that? The shank of the ring looks different too. Someone convince me that's her engagement ring.

Sorry Kitty, no strong evidence here.:ermm: This is how I remember her engagement ring, so just saying...

The necklace is beautiful, but the pic has many photoshoop.

Everytime we see her engagement ring it looks different.
It would be great to have one good picture - as reference. :)

The ring she has in the Tatler cover is the engagment ring, but i don't know why they photoshopped it.

Beyond the jewellery I hope CW enjoys what she receives and knows that it is for her only.
And the realization comes that she must now be the jewel in Monaco's crown.

Last edited:
I thought the Tatler cover was excessive--and did not highlight how attractive Miss Wittstock is. The ring, I did not think it was a yellow diamond--but it could (possibly?) be a reflection onto the ring because there are a lot of gold tones in that picture.
I am curious about whether the future Princess of Monaco will be wearing the family pieces we see Caroline in. Did her grandmother leave them to Caroline specifically or to Monaco? Caroline is, currently, the hereditary Crown Princess (unless Albert and Charlene have children) so it makes sense that the uses the pieces, but will she now? I would think that the collection will now be more at Charlene's disposal.

Monaco National Day 2010- earrings and the engagement ring
Pic

Caroline is, currently, the hereditary Crown Princess (unless Albert and Charlene have children) so it makes sense that the uses the pieces, but will she now?

I was thinking the same thing. Since Caroline is the hereditary Princess of Monaco then the jewelry should stay with her for Caroline to wear, unless Grace left a few designated peices for Albert's future wife to wear. Albert has so much money he can just buy a whole new set though so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Guys, this is not the place in which to vent one's critical opinions of Charlene Wittstock's Armani outfits, hats, suits, dresses, alleged plastic surgery, blah blah etc etc.
This is a jewellery discussion. Irrelevant posts have been and will be deleted.

thanks.
Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

I bet Charlene would look good wearing that ruby tiara of Princess Grace. Does the family still have that tiara? Was it inherited by Caroline?

I was thinking the same thing. Since Caroline is the hereditary Princess of Monaco then the jewelry should stay with her for Caroline to wear, unless Grace left a few designated peices for Albert's future wife to wear. Albert has so much money he can just buy a whole new set though so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Yes, that is true, he can buy (or loan) everything he wants, but: having some "historical pieces" would be a highlight for the "big events".... even if it is "only" one generation old, i.e. from Princess Grace.
And I do not know, what will happen to the jewels, Princess Chalotte has given to Caroline. Will they remain at Caroline, even if Charlene will be princess?

BYe Bine

I bet Charlene would look good wearing that ruby tiara of Princess Grace. Does the family still have that tiara? Was it inherited by Caroline?

Highly unlikely, that Carolin received it. We surely would have seen her with the rubies in the meantime.... so I expect to see Charlene with it. And I agree, she will look marvellous with it.
Sabine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom