Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not see the corsage brooch clearly, but I am wondering about the bracelet she is wearing on her left wrist. Is it an emerald in the center to match the emerald cross? Has anyone of the royal ladies worn it after her death?

Well, one must say Queen Louise was an elegant lady.

The bracelet on her left hand was a gift from the citizens of Stockholm and the whereabouts are now unknown. Sad isn't it! It is thought that Louise's jewels went to her side of the family after her death.

The bracelet on her left hand was a gift from the citizens of Stockholm and the whereabouts are now unknown. Sad isn't it! It is thought that Louise's jewels went to her side of the family after her death.
Thank you for the information!

Do you also know what stone it is?

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this "mystery tiara" worn by Silvia. I first noticed this picture when I landed at Arlanda a year ago (it's part of Arlanda's "Welcome to my hometown"-greetings) and I'm completely stumped as to what Silvia is wearing. I haven't seen anything like it in the Swedish vaults so I'm wondering if it was borrowed for this occasion? Unfortunately the quality of the pictures that I managed to find are pretty bad, but hopefully someone will spot what it is and have an answer.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-Ym_vcP8QKwM/URQv6dkrBXI/AAAAAAAAaLI/z6_j6A4aqNE/s1600/20130207_232334.jpg
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/10140472/368/normal/ed362d701cdf7/letade+länge

The tiara is a silverwedding tiara with a matching lapel brooch for the groom. This type of sets were very common in Sweden and ,I think, in Germany. The tiara and the brooch are made of silver. You can see that the king is wearing the brooch. These sets were worn for the silver wedding celebrations, and exactly the same type but in gold were worn for the gold wedding, but these are quite rare. I have wondered if the set was once worn by Silvia's parents.

Do you think this tiara can be in the swedish voults?
Josephine Queen of Sweden | Nicolo Parure Jewels

Thank you Josefine for showing us this set!
It looks like a wonderful empire parure. I had seen the photograph of queen Josefina before and wondered about what diadem she was wearing. Can someone tell if there are cameos or intaglios in the parure?

I do not think the tiara is in the vaults. It is such a beautiful and rare piece that I think Silvia would have worn. She wears the big cameo tiara wonderfully even though it is difficult to match. I think the reason the small cut steel tiara hadn't been worn is that it is small, too small for the queen, and of a cheap material(not royal enough). The big one on the other hand is big and an exquisite work of jewellery. The combination of the brass and steel, the lifelike leaves and acorns makes it a piece of art.

The tiara is a silverwedding tiara with a matching lapel brooch for the groom. This type of sets were very common in Sweden and ,I think, in Germany. The tiara and the brooch are made of silver. You can see that the king is wearing the brooch. These sets were worn for the silver wedding celebrations, and exactly the same type but in gold were worn for the gold wedding, but these are quite rare. I have wondered if the set was once worn by Silvia's parents.
It's a lovely tradition, but I don't know of these silver wedding tiaras here in Germany. I must admit that I'm no expert for social customs, but it's nothing that is widely known where I'm from.

updated list

I have a few possible additions.
1. Did Sibylla wear the 9 prong to the Nobel's in 1971?
2. On 13 December 1948 I have written down that Louise wore a tiara that looked like Queen Sofia's Diamond & Pearl Fringe Tiara
3. Did Margaret ever wear the Cameo tiara? For some reason I think there is a portrait of her in it.

Does anyone know if the white choker has a name? What about the Diamond necklace with the large diamond pendant?

Thanks Sarah

I have a few possible additions.
1. Did Sibylla wear the 9 prong to the Nobel's in 1971?
2. On 13 December 1948 I have written down that Louise wore a tiara that looked like Queen Sofia's Diamond & Pearl Fringe Tiara
3. Did Margaret ever wear the Cameo tiara? For some reason I think there is a portrait of her in it.

Does anyone know if the white choker has a name? What about the Diamond necklace with the large diamond pendant?

Thanks Sarah
1. I've never seen a picture of Sibylle with the 9 prongs tiara. If anyone finds it, please post it :flowers:.

3. Yes, here's a Portrait of her with the cameo parure. It is said, that she borrowed it from Prince Eugen, who was unmarried and had no not use for it.
http://s10.postimg.org/4nu3hyt2x/margaret_cameo.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Lady Finn!
To me it looks like the Connaught Tiara, although the pic is too small to see it clearly.

I must have confused her with someone else! I will try and find the photo I am thinking of and post it so someone can help me figure out who the lady is. :)

Thank you Lady Finn!
To me it looks like the Connaught Tiara, although the pic is too small to see it clearly.

My toughts are also that it is the Connaught Tiara

when was the last time Sibylla attned Nobel?

does anyone knoe or have info about a diamaond braclet eorn by Silvia at 2007
Madeleine also worn the braclet its has two rows with a large round diamond clasp

see the right hand

Last edited:
My toughts are also that it is the Connaught Tiara

when was the last time Sibylla attned Nobel?
Princess Sibylla died of cancer on 28th November 1972 at the age of 64, so 1971 was her last Nobel ceremony

here is a new find for me
Silvia wearing one of the 2 buttons as a brosch there are 10 buttons 4 in the 4 button tiara 6 in the 6 button tiara. i have seen the buttons not used in tiara as a pendents used by lilian madeleine and victoria

thank you. maybe someone can translate what they say?

she seems to be wearing the necklace at her brothers wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom