The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love Countess Estelle's tiara, would love to see it upon the head of the modern day Sweadish Royal Ladies sometime....one can only hope!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Majesty

that woukd be big, but will it take 18 years beofre we will see this item

Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

What a stunning tiara! I hope the article is accurate and the tiara is indeed part of the Swedish Royal Jewels again.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Gentry

Well, if it is true it is probably a present to the crown princess for having given birth to an heir. Mette-Marit received the amethyst parure when Ingrid Alexandra was born. I have been surprised that we have not seen any new important jewellery after the wedding because I though she would receive at least something. I actually think princess Madeleine would look better in the gold and pale pink, but I will be glad to see it.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Majesty

i would love to see it in colour i have anly seen it in black and white photos

if its true its for me huge
maybe even bigger then the greek tiara
Old 02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

The colored stones in the tiara are pink tourmalines indeed.
Queen Sofia of Sweden (née von Nassau) wore this tiara at her coronation as Queen of Norway in 1873.

The Norwegian royal reporter who is the original source of the story is usually reliable, and the fact that King Carl Gustaf has already bought back other jewels from the past (the ruby tiara, most likely the diamond earrings worn by CP Victoria for her pre-wedding festivities, possibly the aquamarine tiara) might add additional weight to the story, which I too hope to be true.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladets small article about the buying the Estelle B. tiara. Totland says he doesn´t know the the tiara was bought back to the swedish royal family. He thinks the buyer might be king Carl Gustaf.
Kungahuset köpte tillbaka Estelle Bernadottes diadem | Babylyckan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

A norwegian article
Dronningdiadem til nyfødt prinsesse? - God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
Google translation
Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Totland says he doesn´t know the the tiara was bought back to the swedish royal family. He thinks the buyer might be king Carl Gustaf.
Kungahuset köpte tillbaka Estelle Bernadottes diadem | Babylyckan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
You mean to say that Totland stated that he does know that Queen Sofia's tiara was bought back.
It would indeed be fantastic, and even more so if a few of the matching pieces with pink tourmalines were bought back as well to re-create a full parure.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

I meant to say that Totland doesn´t know where the member of the swedish royal family bought the tiara. Sometimes fingers don´t go to right keys...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The colored stones in the tiara are pink tourmalines indeed.
Queen Sofia of Sweden (née von Nassau) wore this tiara at her coronation as Queen of Norway in 1873.

The Norwegian royal reporter who is the original source of the story is usually reliable, and the fact that King Carl Gustaf has already bought back other jewels from the past (the ruby tiara, most likely the diamond earrings worn by CP Victoria for her pre-wedding festivities, possibly the aquamarine tiara) might add additional weight to the story, which I too hope to be true.
It really seems that King Carl Gustaf has an interest in buying back important family jewels.
But I'm not sure that there really is a connection with Princess Estelle's birth. I'm sure that the parure's connection with Queen Sophie matters most to the King, whereas the connection with Countess Estelle and the birth of the new Princess might be a mere coincidence.
Imo, Queen Silvia deserves to wear it first. Afterall she stuck to the during some difficult times lately. The pink tourmalines would make excellent Nobel jewels, wouldn't they?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Gentry

Oh I do hope that its true! And that maybe the whole parure is bought back!! Or maybe its only the tiara bought to maybe go with the pink topaz demi parure? I like that they buy back some old familypices and add to the collection. Next time the king feels like shopping maybe he will go for the Leuchtenberg tiara pearls (I wish he would!!) or maybe the aquamarine creation that his sister wore to the wedding of the swedish CP.

Boris you said that its possible that the grand earrings from the pre wedding concert also was a "bought back" piece,is it known from who/where/family this was bought from and who was the first owner of the piece?

(Sorry for bad speeling, english is not my first language)
Old 02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Courtier

This is interesting indeed. I wonder if we'll get to see more pieces not seen in a long while in the near future (I hope so). How many star tiaras have there been in the SRF? Too bad they don't have this one anymore:

Trond Norén Isaksen: Royal jewels: Princess Ingeborg’s star tiara

It could be more beautiful, I know, but they could use some kind of star tiara too...

I wish I could find a colour photograph of the Queen Sofia Pink Tourmaline tiara... Am I right that it used to belong to Josephine of Leuchtenberg?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...m/ebay7912.jpg
Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahkoo View Post
maybe the aquamarine creation that his sister wore to the wedding of the swedish CP.

Boris you said that its possible that the grand earrings from the pre wedding concert also was a "bought back" piece,is it known from who/where/family this was bought from and who was the first owner of the piece?
Regarding the aquamarine tiara - there's the possibility I alluded to before that he already did so...

As for CP Victoria's long diamond earrings, they actually date back as far as the Vasa dynasty and were at one point converted from a gala uniform's épaulettes.
As for the exact saga of when they left the collection and from whom they were retrieved: I wish I knew.
Quote:
Imo, Queen Silvia deserves to wear it first. Afterall she stuck to the during some difficult times lately. The pink tourmalines would make excellent Nobel jewels, wouldn't they?
Couldn't agree more.
It has to be remembered that the tiara was most likely bought back as an important piece for the Bernadotte collection, not for CP Victoria specifically.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Gentry

Is your theory that it was bought directly from his sister or did the sister sell it to someone and the king bought it back from this someone?

I dont want to be rud or question your knowledge Boris but is it not odd that Silvia or her daughters has not worn this if they have access to it?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Courtier

Ohh i´m so exited about these news!! I soooo hope it´s true that the king (?) has bought back Countess Estelles pink tourmaline parure (or atleast the tiara). I hope that we get to see this one on Crownprincess Victorias head on december 10 , that would make me faint in front of the tv of excitement
Old 02-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahkoo View Post
Is your theory that it was bought directly from his sister or did the sister sell it to someone and the king bought it back from this someone?

I dont want to be rud or question your knowledge Boris but is it not odd that Silvia or her daughters has not worn this if they have access to it?
You have to keep in mind that as long as Princess Margaretha is still with us, there could be reasons not to call attention to the fact that she might have sold her mother's wedding gift.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Gentry

Only time will tell I guess. Thank you Boris for all your answers!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to this blog of Jenny Alexandersson of Aftonbladet and norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland someone in the swedish royal family has bought back the tiara of Estelle Bernadotte (the tiara once belonged to queen Sophia).
Prinsessan Estelles finaste födelsegåva? uppdaterad! « Hovbloggen
Google translation
this article says they are saphires and there is an image of queen sophia in it that looks like saphires
Old 03-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps it was bought by Prince Carl Philip for his future bride Sofia.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
this article says they are saphires and there is an image of queen sophia in it that looks like saphires
No, they are definitely pink tourmalines, as confirmed by Claes on the Royal Jewels MB who saw the photos of the parure made by Countess Estelle's heirs for incurance purposes.
According to historian Trond N. Isaksen's blog, not only the tiara but the whole set was sold (he doesn't name the buyer), including necklace, bracelets, brooch and earrings added by Countess Estelle at a later stage.
I certainly hope that the story is a) true, and if so, that the parure will b) go into the Bernadotte Foundation to be secured.

Tags
jewellery, past, royal, sweden