Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow that's a beautiful piece, is the tiara still with Estelle's descendants?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some photos of queen Josefina with her jewellery in different ages...
I love them very much, and I think they are too much precious. Do they still use them? I not know too much about the jewels.

Oh wow that's a beautiful piece, is the tiara still with Estelle's descendants?

It is the pink tormaline Paure of Queen Sopfia. The one where there are Rumorus that the swedish RF has bought it back.

It is the pink tormaline Paure of Queen Sopfia. The one where there are Rumorus that the swedish RF has bought it back.

It would be nice if it made its way back to the royal jewel chest,given its historic association.

How many tiaras does Countess Marianne own? I have not been through the entire thread but from recently posted photos it looks like two?
I suppose she didn't have access to the RF jewellery pool after the resumed title brawl of her late husband?

viv
Yes, she has two tiaras, the pearl tiara and the tiara with diamond arches. Some decades ago she also wore the ruby tiara which her husband inherited. This tiara was sold back to the main line and is worn by the Queen.

Yes, she has two tiaras, the pearl tiara and the tiara with diamond arches. Some decades ago she also wore the ruby tiara which her husband inherited. This tiara was sold back to the main line and is worn by the Queen.

Perhaps these two may also find their way back to the Bernadotte royal jewel chest some day!

Do you have pictures of the tiara with diamond arches?

Some decades ago she also wore the ruby tiara which her husband inherited. This tiara was sold back to the main line and is worn by the Queen.

Ah, the King Edward 7. ruby tiara!

viv

I have a question. There is a necklace princess Victoria used to wear when she was young. It consists of light blue and pink stones. In my opinion it never suited Victoria since it was very short and she has quite a broad neck. My question is whether it has been worn by some other ladies in the family and from whom it derives. Is it blue and pink topazes? Has Silvia ever worn it?

It will be interesting to see what happens to the tiara and brooch in the future,and if it could possibly find its way back to the royal jewel collection.

I am guessing the aquamarines are back in the royal fold.....

I would have to say this is the nicest looking aqua tiara I have ever seen. And since a good aqua tiara is apparently hard to find, I do hope it returns to the main line of the family one day.

Since it is currently in use it is not really a Jewel of the Past. Since iseems it is the princesses private property I expect it will be inherited by her children and possibly sold for taxes or simply because they have no use for a tiara.

I have read that the king already bought the tiara from his sister a while ago, but princess Margaretha can keep using it during the rest of her life.

Hopefully it will be used again,it is a very beautiful piece of art,a nice aquamarine tiara that would suit both Victoria and Madeleine extremely well!

Since it is currently in use it is not really a Jewel of the Past. Since iseems it is the princesses private property I expect it will be inherited by her children and possibly sold for taxes or simply because they have no use for a tiara.

Yes I am aware. However, as Margaretha has no jewellery thread of her own I had to come here. :)

^^^^
I wonder how anyone would know about a supposedly private family transaction. There seem to be a lot of stories about the family buying back old jewels which seems a bit odd given that they have no shortage of jewels, there is a decrease in the number of occassions to wear them, and the family is not supposed to be especially rich at least compared to other reigning families.
Guess we will have to wait for the princess to pass away and see whose head it turns up on next.

-> Guess we will have to wait for the princess to pass away and see whose head it turns up on next.

That´s right,I completely agree!

I love this aquamarine tiara. it is such an exquisite piece. Marengo, where have you read that the king has bought it? If he has bought it I hope we will se it on Madeleine since I find that the pale blue of aquamarines suit her very well.

The Swedish collection is quite large, but it actually doesn't have many medium sized tiaras. There are many big historically important tiaras to be worn by the queen but not that many for the princesses. I think this is the reason for the frequent use of the button tiaras. There is the baden fringe(for the crown princess), the amethyst necklace tiara, the queen Silvia fringe( reported to be Madeleine's private property), the ruby and the cannought tiaras(which Silvia for some reason does not let the princesses wear even though they are not huge), the empire cut steel tiara( big but with no gems), the small cut steel and the button tiaras. So with two daughters, four sisters and sometime in the future a daughter in law I do not find it strange if the king were to acquire new tiaras.

I think the speculations might be because we hope he has bought them and the fact that he actually bought the ruby tiara.

If the royal children do not marry royals with great jewellery of their own the collection will decrease with every generation unless some measures are taken to protect the collection or by adding new pieces to it. Some pieces belong to the foundation and others are the king's private property. The king has three children to inherit the jewels. I think he owns three tiaras, the cameo diadem, the cannought diadem and the ruby diadem. I just assume his children will have one each and since the cameo diadem is of great historical importance I hope it will go to the crown princess. I do think the cameo parure ought to be protected in the Bernadotte foundation.

Well, I just tried to state that I find that it would be a good idea for the king to acquire a normal size tiara. I do understand that this tiara might be very important to Margaretha since it belonged to her grandmother and was used by her beloved mother and that her children would like to pass it on in their family.

Here is à text from 1910 it talks about what the Queen Victoria wore, the crown princess Margareta and princesses
Old fashined swedish
852 (Karl XV och hans tid)
I Will try to translate it if none Else can helt out.
I do not have the time right now

But the in the text in refers to turquoise in a tiara with stars? necklace and bracelet

"Kronprinsessan bar vid denna bal en bland de vackraste af alla de ut-
sökta toaletter hon under festdagarna burit, och det »för-gät-mig-ej», som
af henne naturligtvis ej kunde utsägas åt alla de å balen närvarande, tol-
kades af de blommor, hon bar. Å den silfverbroderade klänningen voro
nämligen fastade buketter af »förgätmigej». Klänningslifvet strålade dess-
utom af en rad af juveler och turkoser, och hon bar diadem af juvelstjär-
nor och turkoser, present af drottningen, halsband och örhängen af juve-
ler och turkoser, present af danska kungen och drottningen, armband,
nyligen skänkta af danska kronprinsen, prinsessan Eugenie samt prinsen
och prinsessan Wales jämte ett sådant af guld med turkoser, som var
skänkt af mostern prinsessan Maria af Nederländerna.
Af beskrifningen framgår ock mycket tydligt att äfven de öfriga kungliga
damerna voro värre fina. Drottningen Lovisa: hvit klänning med guld-
diadem, armband, halsband och öfriga smycken af pärlor och juveler samt
Katarina- och Louisenordnarna äfvensom kungarne Karl XV:s och Oskar
I:s porträtt i juveler. Danska drottningen: klänning af grön atlas, på hå-
ret safirer och juveler. Hertiginnan af Östergötland: klänning af hvit mo-
aré genomväfdt med silfver samt garneradt med silfverspetsar och mörk-
röda törnrosor; därtill en tunique af silfvertyll, som var draperad medelst
rosetter af sidensarge och törnrosor. Huvudprydnaden: ett juvelsdiadem,
törnrosor och en slöja af silfvertyll. Halsbonaden och armbanden voro
liksom klänningslifvet prydt af juveler. Hertiginnan bar det ryska St. Ka-
tarinaordensbandet samt stjärnor och kung Oskars porträtt i juveler med
blå rosett. Hertiginnan af Dalarne: hvit atlasklänning med silfver; på huf-
vudet diadem, blommor och juveler. "

Last edited:
I have read that the king already bought the tiara from his sister a while ago, but princess Margaretha can keep using it during the rest of her life.

That's interesting I wonder if its true?

Princess Madeliene wore the Connaught tiara at her sister's wedding.

Here is à text from 1910 it talks about what the Queen Victoria wore, the crown princess Margareta and princesses...
some good posts at Royal Jewels of the World Message Board but with no real conclusion

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Old Swedish text from 1910, talks about turquoise jewllery in the swedish royal family

i got it wrong what year the text refered to and the persons in the text; the crown princess refered to in this text is Louise, wife of Frederik VIII.

when Louise of sweden wore the braganza tiara did she do so as crown princess?

when Louise of sweden wore the braganza tiara did she do so as crown princess?
Yes, she wore it to the coronatian of George VI in 1937. She only became queen in 1950. I think that was an exception, because at such a big event every royal house wanted to show off their very best bling.

She wore it also on other occasion like the State Visit of King Frederik IX. and Queen Ingrid to SWeden. But i think she only started to wear it after the death of Queen Victoria in 1930 so she was Sweden's First Lady when she wore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom