Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the one on the right side, with the nine prog tiara
Sorry, but I still have no idea which photo on which right side you are referring to.
does this link work better a photo i have not seen before not much for us who want to learn more things but there are some jewllery still
Fashion photographs | Fashion images, fashion photos
Thank you, that works!
An interesting photo, with the sapphire necklace worn without the rest of the parure but many Edwardian-style rows around the neck...
I wish the brooches on Queen Viktoria's mother could be seen more clearly - she's wearing quite a few it seems, but it's hard to tell if they're familiar.

Isn't that the brooch princess Victoria worn on the new (with the black/white dress) official photos?

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a photo of queen victoria with a lovely brosch

here is an other brosch i think this is the one worn by the family today not 100% sure however. what do you think about the star in victorias hair is it from the star tiara?

Last edited:
Dear Josefine, thank you for the two great pics – difficult to tell about the star hair ornament, but I’m a bit surprised that you’re not sure about the brooches!

The first photo is a great find because it shows the original version of a brooch frequently worn by Queen Silvia which we always wondered about.
The general speculation was that it must have had a different shape originally, because it looks so ‘unfinished’ today, and this photo is the first one I'm seeing which shows that this is correct: It looks like the brooch had originally a pendant at the bottom and a different shape on top.

The brooch as it looks today, worn by Queen Silvia:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Close Up:

Both Princess Madeleine and then CP Victoria wore the brooch one time as necklace pendant – here CP Victoria:

The second brooch from Queen Victoria is familiar as well, also a favourite of Queen Silvia:

And also worn once, with the three bottom pearls temporarily removed, by CP Victoria as necklace pendant:

i for one am particularly fond of:

the leuchtenberg sapphire
the modern fringe tiara
napoleonic amythyst tiara
baden fringe tiara
the connaught diamond tiara
the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara
queen sophie's diamond and pearl tiara

:previous:

Thank you, Josefine, for asking on my behalf. It's very nice of you :) I had totally forgotten about this thread.
I'd like to add the correct link to the photo, as yours doesn't show the photo I mean.
You can click on the photo for a slightly larger view - LORD & LADY ROMSEY

Bobby

it looked as if thery were larger on sibylla
but i see that they are a macth when she poaint it out

just to talk about victorias small cut steel tiara and comb
what do you think about queen sofias tiaras in the first page here is there any possibility for any of them to be a match?

i am grasping for anything here

I just read that one of the swedish kings sister wore à emerald and dimond tiara on loan to QM wedding in Denmark but there was not any good pictures. Is it known wich tiara it is and who was the leender? The homepage stated that it was à member of the family and that the tiara provence was imperial french

I just read that one of the swedish kings sister wore à emerald and dimond tiara on loan to QM wedding in Denmark but there was not any good pictures. Is it known wich tiara it is and who was the leender? The homepage stated that it was à member of the family and that the tiara provence was imperial french
That was Princess Brigitta who wore a tiara from her husband's family, the Hohenzollern.
Can you post a link where you found the information that it was of french origin?

To me it kind of looks life the diamond center on the the 3 row pearl necklace that Princess Cristina often wears but I am not sure

Btw I have a uaestion about Prince Eugen. I knew that he is the one to left the Cameo Parure to Princess Sibylla, but for sometime I keep finding in the web mentions about more jewellery gifts. I read that he also left a long 3 strand pearl necklace to Princess Margaretha who passed it to Countess Ruth, that he gave a large diamond clasp to CP Martha as a wedding gift and that he gifted another heirloom brooch to Princess Brigitta. Does anyone has a wider knowlegde about the actual amount of the jewles Prince Eugen owned and where it ended?

I think à reporter in swedish papper avsked wear mariannes tiara were from, but Marianne was very privite about it and said it was from her husbund and did not want to say more about it

What kind of tiara would you say it is?

I have read two stories about Countess Marianne's diadem.
According to one of them this was a gift from Sigvard Bernadotte on their silver wedding.
In the swedish magazine Queen (which does no longer exist) there was an interview with Marianne in which she spoke about her clothing and jewellery and this article stated that the diadem was an heirloom from her first husband's mother who had been a diplomat's wife in St Petersburg and whose jewellery had been admired by the tsar.

I love the pictures of the old Swedish Court dress,some wonderful images of queen Joséphine above!

I do hope the royal family has bought queen Sofia's pink tourmalines, and I think that if they have done so Madeleine's wedding will be the event when we first will se it. I wonder who will wear it. If it will be Silvia or Victoria.

When queen Sofia wore it it looked quite big due to the big hairdos of that time , but I wonder how large it is. Is it in the size of the Baden fringe? By comparison we know that it is much smaller than queen Sofia's diadem, and I am thinking that queen Silvia might think it to moderate in size for a queen to wear.

Does anyone of you have good pictures of it on queen Sofia or on Estelle Manville? Did Estelle buy additional pieces(necklace, bracelets and earrings) or was it a parure from the beginning?

The pearl diadem in the last picture is very interesting. I have never seen it before. Josefina does not look like she normally does in the picture. Is it a miniature? Her necklace though is very recognizable. I think the diadem is a comb diadem.

How many tiaras does Countess Marianne own? I have not been through the entire thread but from recently posted photos it looks like two?
I suppose she didn't have access to the RF jewellery pool after the resumed title brawl of her late husband?

viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom