The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahkoo View Post
I have the catolouge at home and if I got it right it was a painting with a women that had the necklace one that was the property of the King beside the picture of the necklace, but the necklace was owned buy someone else, a collector in Paris
Thank you very much for checking - it's a pity that the necklace does not belong to the King after all.
IMO the necklace worn by Countess Gerty Bernadotte av Wisborg is most certainly Queen Josefina's; if you count the pearls in the close-ip photo of the necklace, take into consideration that painted versions of it are not reliable concerning the real size, and compare with the photo of Gerty, it's a match.
I also believe it's very possible that the drop pearl pendants along with the matching earrings on Countess Gerty, are the pearls which were originally interchangeable with the sapphires in Queen Josefina's Leuchtenberg tiara.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Gentry

You are welcome. Maybe some day in the future it will be back in the swedish RF. I have a been wondering something about the aquamarine kokoshink, has it ever been confirmed that it is aquamarine? I think that the deep blue color of the stones in the tiara looks like blue topaz...

Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The aquamarines in the parure are aquamarines, I've never seen anyone say otherwise. Aquamarines are a gem that can look like a myriad of colors in light. Sometimes they can looks light or dark blue or at times can even appear to have a green look to them. I always thought of them as a lesser gem until I became interested in Royal jewels and discovered just how beautiful they are.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Majesty

nice photo of queen louise with a brosch we have seen several times
http://images.tradera.com/545/116463545_1.jpg

one more with the nine prog tiara
http://mega.tradera.com/400/117539400_1.jpg

an other photo
http://mega.tradera.com/003/117461003_1.jpg

in court dress
http://images.tradera.com/003/117461003_4.jpg
Old 02-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

These pictures of Queen Louise are lovely! Thank you for posting them!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Nobility

I know there is an ongoing discussion about who is the owner of the Aquamarine kokoshnik tiara - and it was discussed over and over again but what I was wondering is - where did it come from that it might have been bought by King CG from his sister.
Anybody more information?
Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Courtier

The photos of Q. Louise are gr8! There aren't many photos of her esp. with those fab jewels. The Swedes have some of the best jewels.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Majesty

just a video with no indormation but you can see photos (nothing new) with music
Old 05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Gentry

Over at The Royal Jewles of the World messageboard someone posted a drawing of CP Margarets weddingpresent. I wonder if its known what happen to what seems to be a amethyst and diamond brosh or stomacher and to the ruby and diamond necklace
Old 05-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Courtier

I nelieve that the ruby necklace was inherited with the ruby tiara by her son Sigvard(I hope I am not confusing him with a brother) and sold at some point - I remeber reading somewhere here at TRFs about Sigvard being in New York and finding out that the ruby necklace was fir auction but he couldn't riase money quickly enough ( I haven't seen the picture of the necklace but I guess this was the one mentioned because I haven't seen another mention of Margaret having a second ruby neccklace)
Abotu the amethyst stomacher I don't know but I am interested in the turrquoise brooch given by the Devonshires .. It reminds me of a brooch Queen Margrethe wears , but of course is a very basic desing and could be simply a similar one
Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Majesty

Princess birgittas wedding gifts, her cirkel tiara

Princess birgittas wedding gifts, her cirkel tiara
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Nobility

Inspired by Ursula

Several posters have mentioned Ursula's site, Royal Magazin SCHMUCK - JUWELEN | Royal and Famous Jewelry, JewelCollectors| TIARA - Diadem, and I highly recommend it. She has done an incredible amount of beautiful work and I have learned a lot there.

Because of this and my interest in a visual provenance of particular pieces, I was inspired to try a little creativity. It is nowhere near the quality or level displayed by Ursula, but I am just a self-taught (i.e. trial and error) beginner.

I am reposting one I did a while back on the Baden Fringe Tiara (I don't remember where I posted it):

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

After the reappearance at the crown prince couple's wedding in June of last year, here is one on the aquamarine tiara:

And after the 2010 Nobel ceremony, here is one on the cut-steel tiara:

Have a great day, all!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Nobility

Composite of Swedish Amethysts

Hello, any and all. Here is the latest of my works (which to my eye seem repetitive in design/style...need to stretch out of my comfort zone, maybe). It is a mockup of the six women in the SRF who have worn been pictured wearing the amethyst demi-parure.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Majesty

does queen josefina wear mourning jewllery here
Old 09-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Nobility

I thought the same thing, Josefine. It definitely is dark-colored stones, possibly garnets but more than likely jet. Although her head isn't covered, the black/dark veil also suggests mourning. But, alas, only black and white then. But, hey, at least it IS a photograph as opposed to a painting.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 AM

Hi! Does anyone know what these tiaras are called, and where they have disappeared to? :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...edenNorway.jpg

http://www.snevide.com/Bilder/bok-20...-03-18-043.jpg

http://www.historiesajten.se/fotobig/240.jpg
Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=HRH of Sweden;1316212]Hi! Does anyone know what these tiaras are called, and where they have disappeared to? :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/SofiaSwedenNorway.jpg[/QUOTE]

Hi, HRH of Sweden. IIRC, this is Queen Sofia's tourmaline parure (most likely the pink variety). It was last seen on Countess Estelle Bernadotte, wife of Count Folke Bernadotte (possibly it was worn by her daughter more recently, but I have not seen a picture), so it was most likely inherited by Folke. It has been so long since it was seen, its current whereabouts are unknown.

This is Queen Louise's diamond tiara. It was given as a wedding gift to Princess Desiree, who has worn it many times over the years and continues to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH of Sweden View Post
This one is hard to see so I can't be of much help to you. As Josefina is wearing the much-discussed pearl necklace, it is possible it is the tiara from the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure, only with the pearls instead of the sapphires (this would possibly account for the "spikes" that I can see on the tiara) however it would require the artist to have made the entire tiara smaller than it actually is, which is unlikely as if anything the artists would exaggerate them and make those pieces larger in their paintings.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM

Thank you very much for your help! For selfish reasons I do wish that they will return to the crown so we could se them more regularly... I can imagine Princess Madeleine in the tiara given to Princess Desiree!

Have Princess Desirees' Daughter/daughter in law worn the tiara for their wedding etc?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE=HRH of Sweden;1316262]Have Princess Desirees' Daughter/daughter in law worn the tiara for their wedding etc?

You would probably have more access to visual resources than I have available here in the USA, but AFAIK neither of Desiree's daughters have worn the tiara publicly, nor has her daughter-in-law. Helene is still single, and both Kristina Louise and the then Maria Frederiksson wore flowers in their hair for their weddings.

Interestingly, Sybilla Ambler wore her mother's aquamarine tiara only once, for her wedding. Pictures of Princess Margaretha's sons weddings have never been made public AFAIK so there is no telling on that one. I'm just glad it still exists and is with the family.

Princess Birgitta's daughter, Desiree of Hohenzollern, wore her mother's pearl tiara for her first wedding and has worn it several times since...most recently to Crown Princess Victoria's wedding and to the wedding ball of Georg Friedrich of Prussia. I believe the tiara is now her personal property, a gift from her mother, who had recieved it as a wedding gift form King Gustav VI Adolf of Sweden, her grandfather.

Oscar Magnuson will be the first of Princess Christina's three sons to marry. Hopefully there will be pictures and we will be able to see if his fiancee, Emma Ledent, wears her new mother-in-law's tiara on her wedding day.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Gentry

I dont think that the tiara in the picture with the pearl necklace is the one from the saphire parure since its thought that the pearls from the tiara where reset in to that necklace. So it would not be possible to wear them on the necklace and tiara at the same time.

Another thing I have thougt about the swedish collection. Imagen if the RF would still have all the pices in the collection that went overseas, what a vast super collection it would have been. The Emeralds in Norway, Rubies in Denmark, the Khedive from Greece etcetc, that would have been something IMO.

Tags
jewellery, past, royal, sweden