Star Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why tacky ??

Last edited by a moderator:
It just that there's some star tiara that are beautiful if done right but then there are others that are done wrong.That's just my opinion on it.

IloveCP said:
It just that there's some star tiara that are beautiful if done right but then there are others that are done wrong.That's just my opinion on it.

I think the shorter hairstyle does it no favours, with a more bouffant hairstyle it would look more in proportion. But tacky???? Spangled tinsel from a Christmas Tree - yes! Antique diamonds - would you really say that they were tacky?

Well, that is MY opinion.I recpect everyone's opinion,and I've seen some other diamond tiaras that are tacky in MY opinion. ;)

Last edited:
The Dutch star Tiara is one of my least favorite in their collection. I do, however like Hesse Star Tiara!

The Hesse Star Tiara is actually one of the better Star Tiaras in my opinion because the stars aren't so obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please explain to a foreigner what you mean excatly with 'tacky' - it's used quite often at royal forums -

Could you please explain to a foreigner what you mean excatly with 'tacky' - it's used quite often at royal forums -

Something described as 'tacky' would be considered to be of poor taste or low quality. For example, the plastic tiaras that winners of beauty pageants wear would be considered 'tacky'.

:previous:
Grandest - maybe. But also one of the ugliest, in my opinion.
The base is just dreadful and the stars itself make the tiara look like something a fairy godmother in a cartoon would wear.
Can't imagine anyone looking good in that.

Queen Maria Pia's Star Tiara

Hmm, Queen Maria Pia's Star Tiara is somewhat lacking in the design department, to put it mildly.
'Elegant' would not be a word used to describe it.

However, if for no other reason, the tiara has some interest in that the upper stars are attached to springs - en tremblant - so that they move slightly as the wearer's head moves.

v Queen Amelie
1. & 2. Wearing modified versions
3. convertable to a necklace
images not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Queen Amelie Queen Maria Pia Star Tiara 1.jpg
    Queen Amelie Queen Maria Pia Star Tiara 1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Queen Amelie Queen Maria Pia Star Tiara 2.jpg
    Queen Amelie Queen Maria Pia Star Tiara 2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 914
  • Queen Maria Pia Star Necklace.jpg
    Queen Maria Pia Star Necklace.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,414
^^^I agree, those towering stars look like lollipops! I wonder if they're detachable like Maria Pia's tiara to be worn as brooches, on a necklace or as hair ornaments.

Last edited:
Charlene of Monaco's Baumer Diamond Spray tiara was designed to emulate a breaking wave, but it also reminds me of shooting stars.

After watching the video where the designer explains the work involved in the making of the tiara I can really appreciate the art and value of the piece. It was truly made for Princess Charlene, very unique and in accordance with her style . . . :crown3:

Here is Queen Emma's Diamond tiara with diamond stars on it. I am assuming those are the same stars that Maxima wore on her wedding tiara. I love the tiara and the stars but not together. I just think it's not a great combination. However, it would be interesting to see that version today.

I agree. While I love star brooches, they can be strange on tiaras. Maxima can pull it off as she can pull off a lot of jewels and a lot of styles. I cant wait to see what she comes up with as Queen!!!

Maria Bonaparte diamond stars tiara

Fireweaver.......

I've found another one!!!

HRH Princess Marie of Greece and Denmark, born Princess Marie Bonaparte.

Princess Marie, who was married to the second son of King George I of Greece, Prince George, was besides a princess also a famous psychoanalist. Here she is depicted in the mid 1950's at an official occasion in Athens.

greetz
Danjel

She had a five star tiara too also there was five separate diamond stars in various sizes which she had all five as tiara or the one outed in her famous Greek Olive Wreath Tiara instead of the big hanged diamond in pear form 2 as pins and 2 as brooches

Back
Top Bottom