The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Mandy, the picture of Queen Maria Pia's Star Tiara from Portugal is absolutely amazing. It took my breath away! Where is that tiara presently? Has anyone worn it in recent years, like to a wedding or something? I'd like to see a picture of what hairstyle is appropriate/fitting of that wonderous tiara.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Majesty

Alexandria,
I found Queen Maria Pia's Star Tiara from Portugal on Royalty Danjel's site and I don't have any more information than what is on that site. Perhaps Danjel could answer your questions. Sorry. :(

Old 05-08-2003, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Hey Fireweaver,

I've got another star tiara.....a few days ago I recieved two envelopes with pictures of all kind of tiara.....I DID include one star tiara.....!!!

Here you'll see Princess Alice of Greece, born Princess of Battenberg, she is the mother of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ENG_Battenberg.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	5649  
Old 05-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

Alexandria,

The Portugese Star tiara has not been worn in recent years...it was only worn by Queen Maria Pia and Queen Amelie. Since Portugal became a Republic (1910) it is exhibited in the Ajuda Palace in Lisboa........if you ever want to go there........

greetz
Danjel
Old 05-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

Fireweaver.......

I've found another one!!!

HRH Princess Marie of Greece and Denmark, born Princess Marie Bonaparte.

Princess Marie, who was married to the second son of King George I of Greece, Prince George, was besides a princess also a famous psychoanalist. Here she is depicted in the mid 1950's at an official occasion in Athens.

greetz
Danjel
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ddd.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	5760  
Old 05-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

THANK YOU!!!

Euh, by the way........again two other ones......not really "star-star" tiara's, but I still think they fit in here...

The first one is Princess Anna of Lippe, born Princess von Ysenburg und Büdingen in Büdingen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lippe.JPG
Views:	1060
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5766  
Old 05-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

and the second one, which looks VERY much like the Lippe-tiara.....
This is Duchess Elizabeth of Mecklenburg.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MECK_Duchess_Elisabeth.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	5767  
Old 05-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Happy, happy Birthday Danjel and thank you so much for all of the gorgeous pictures!
Old 05-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

Dear everybody!

Again........a star tiara...........Claes from Sweden send me this wonderful picture of ex-queen Isabella of Spain!

Greetz
Danjel
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	spanje1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	6002  
Old 05-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Hey everybody!

I've found something again!!!

Volker (the picture King ) has send me this pic of Jacqueline Kennedy................yessssssssssssssssssss, with a star.....not quit a tiara, but more a hair ornament...

greetz!

Danjel
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JACQUELINE_KENNEDEY.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	855  
Old 05-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Courtier

This may sound odd, but I was looking at a picture of one of the queens, I believe it was Paola, and she had diamond pins that look similar to the stars that were sold into auction.
I was thinking as, Julia pointed out, that Star Tiaras were very common at one point, and then disappeared.
Maybe the Royal Houses are using the bases of the Star Tiaras for other Tiaras and the Stars as pins/brooches?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Aristocracy

Hey everyone!

Again.....pictures......

Princess Irene of the Netherlands...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nl_Irene_stars_necklace.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	6987  
Old 05-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

and another one, from Geoffrey Munn's book...a rhinestone and base metal tiara in the form of a star flanked with foliage. This was the jewel that inspired the title of the fil Tantrums and Tiaras (1996) made by David Furnish about his friend Elton John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	6988  
Old 05-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

also from Munn's book
a tiara in the form of 5 stars supported on a gallery of stylized foliage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	6989  
Old 05-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Hey Fireweaver, You're online! :flower:

What do you think of this one, I think it would be great for Princess Madeleine of Sweden...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	6990  
Old 05-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Aristocracy

Okay than!
And...I think you mean the second picture.......yeah I think you're right, the way the stars are mounted look the same, although the base is slightly different...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	viscountess_laya_von_eltz.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	6991  
Old 05-26-2003, 01:16 AM
Royal Highness

This tiara recently sold at Sotheby's....gorgeous but it looks so similar to our other star tiaras? Is it one of them by chance???

DIAMOND TIARA, CIRCA 1880

Designed as a graduated band of five stars, each star of sixteen points with a floral cluster motif at the centre and set throughout with cushion-shaped and rose diamonds, each star may be detatched and worn as a pendant.

It didn't sell for much! Final hammer price: 20,050 GBP
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	StarTiara.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	7005  
Old 05-26-2003, 02:00 AM
Courtier

I don't think it's the same as the other ones, although it does look a bit like Maria-Pia of Portugals.
Although that one had yellow looking diamonds.
Maybe you found Elizabeth's star tiara?
Or it's just an unknown one.
Either way, it's gorgeous, thank you!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Hey all. I was looking at Danel's site, Royal Splendor (Danjel, btw, I love your site&#33 and in the Great Britian section there's a picture of Queen Alexandra wearing the Rundel tiara and she's also wearing a lot of star brooches/pins.
I think I was thinking of her when I made mention of another queen having star pins.
My question is, were they merely clothing decoration, or were they/could they be used for, a tiara? If so, which tiara?
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2003, 02:00 AM
Courtier

From Danjel's wondeful site,
http://groups.msn.com/RoyaltyDanjel3/spisa...bellastarw.msnw
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	isabella__s_star_2.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	7600  

Tags