Sarah, Duchess of York Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 13,603
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 18,284
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 19,221
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4,075
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,345
Last edited by a moderator:
Which Jewels did the Duchess of York keep

From what I can see, the Duchess of York retained all her jewellery which she acquired during her short marriage to Prince Andrew.

ldmemail said:
From what I can see, the Duchess of York retained all her jewellery which she acquired during her short marriage to Prince Andrew.

I don't think she received any major peices, which shows of the Queens affection of her heh? Look at what Queen Mary and George V gave to their daughters in law the duchesses of York, Glouscestor and Kent, magnificent tairas and parures...

All of Sarah's jewelry was purchased during her marriage. Her diamond parure of necklace, earrings and bracelet, as well as her tiara, were both acquired from Garrard's as a wedding gift from The Queen and Prince Philip. She never received any pieces from The Queen's personal collection as gifts.

branchg said:
All of Sarah's jewelry was purchased during her marriage. Her diamond parure of necklace, earrings and bracelet, as well as her tiara, were both acquired from Garrard's as a wedding gift from The Queen and Prince Philip. She never received any pieces from The Queen's personal collection as gifts.

Sophie hasn't either. Most of what she has appears to have either been purchased, inherited from Prince Phillips' mother or to be very minor pieces from the vault. Her wedding tiara is very minor and the other two seem to have come from Princess Andrew.

I still think that this is simply HM being cautious and trying to stem the tide of historical pieces leaving the immediate family in future generations. IMTS Diana only had the Lovers Knot Tiara "for her lifetime" and it was returned to the vaults after her death.

I believe Andrew designed that necklace above for Sarah. It was a wedding present.:) I love Sarah's tiara!! it looks like Princess Diana's spencer tiara but with a big diamond on the top. I love it! The queen has such good taste;)

Sarah, Duchess of York's jewelry!

From DPA:
favcsi.jpg

^gorgeous fringe necklace :)

From Getty Images:
http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=abcba_56696450.jpg (You can faintly see the diamond earrings dangling from her ears)

From Colourpress:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181029&d=1124184770
^green cross necklace

From DPA:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204756&d=1129967094
^choker and earrings

From Viennareport:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=214138&d=1132173910
^turquoise earrings and Ronald McDonald necklace :)

From Abaca:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=216995&d=1133036297
^small pearl earrings

:)

HRHAmy said:
I believe Andrew designed that necklace above for Sarah. It was a wedding present.:)
I also read several times that this necklace would have been a wedding present of Andrew, but than another article said that this was a rumour and that she got it long before their wedding. No idea?! :confused: :)

Can the fringe necklace be adapted in a tiara?? It looks nice, very nice.

Hans said:
Can the fringe necklace be adapted in a tiara?? It looks nice, very nice.
We haven't seen any pics of Sarah wearing the necklace in tiara mode.

Discussion of the provenance of the Countess of Wessex's tiaras has been moved to the appropriate thread, here.

Sarah at the Cipriani/Deutsche Bank Concert Series (From Getty Images):
w1468h.jpg

Pre-World Cup Party at the Beckham's Hertfordshire home (From WENN):
10e3k3c.jpg

Re post #14: I'm betting that the fringe necklace is a loaner. Does anyone know for sure?

Emeraldeyes, it could be a loaner, I never saw her wear it during her marriage so she couldn't have recieved it then. To me though, it looks fake, maybe it's a bad angle but when the stones look like crystals to me and the gold does not look like a pure gold color it almost looks rusty I would say.

does anyone have a close up picture of her gorgeous ruby engagement ring?

A good close up of her tiara...

2305018180056005517AXJNdJ_ph.jpg

Photo by Corbis

Tiara

kimebear said:
A good close up of her tiara...
Sarah's tiara is very similar to Diana's spencer tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fergie really didn't get any jewels from the vault.

Yeah, she was kind of jipped. Look at everything Sophie has gotten!

Yeah, she was kind of jipped. Look at everything Sophie has gotten!
Yes, but it took sophie a good few years, where she proved her devotion, discretion and faithfullness to the British RF and her hubbie!

Didn't Sarah also have another necklace from the designer of the Rose Quartz necklace. I remember some mention of the designer in Majesty magazine.

It really is a beautiful piece--not necessarily my favorite, but much better than Sophie has received!

Sarah should design a line of jewelry - I just noticed that Heidi Klum is selling her line on QVC, and I bet Sarah could make a fortune! I think she has excellent taste in jewels.

So, over on The Royal Jewels of the World Message Board there is a discussion about Royal Family Orders and I did a quick and hasty search but never saw where Sarah had received one. Did she receive an order from the Queen? I can't think of any pictures off hand of her wearing one--

Sarah's only jewels were purchased by The Queen as wedding gifts, including her tiara. She also received a parure of diamond necklace, earrings and a bracelet.

Didn't Sarah also have another necklace from the designer of the Rose Quartz necklace. I remember some mention of the designer in Majesty magazine.

Sarah purchased many necklaces and earrings from Kiki McDonough:
  • Rose quartz
  • Black onyx and pearl
  • Gold
  • and a few others
Kiki's website
Kiki Home :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom