Sarah, Duchess of York Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would hope the jewels are safe. I think she has always relied on the kindness of strangers (and ex-inlaws) to pay her debts. The tiara would be too recognizable to sell at auction without attracting attention but I suspect some of the other pieces could go on sale as "the property of a lady" if she didn't want attention.

Also if Sarah has any kind of hopes to perhaps remarry Andrew, she would retain any jewelry acquired from her marriage. Perhaps they do have a lot of sentimental value to her and for that reason will keep them to pass on to her daughters when the time comes.

I think the next time we'll see Sarah's tiara is when either Beatrice or Eugenie marry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of her dougthers used Sarahs jewllery?

I don't think the girls have worn the tiara yet, maybe when they get married.

What does Sarah's tiara look like?

Yes, I really like her diamond knot necklace. I hope it's still in her collection.

Here it is. I think it's such a lovely piece.
I always thought Sarah's tiara is one really beautiful piece, although perhaps best-suited for younger women.
Personally, I always preferred it to the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara - Diana's tiara of choice.

The Duchess of York's Tiara.

Attachments

• Tiara-Corbis.jpg
    Tiara-Corbis.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Very beautiful.
Thank you for posting it.

It is the royal providence that would bring in the real bucks. Selling any jewelry as "property of a lady" would cost her two to three times the value. What is the story on her tiara? She wouldn't have had to return it after the divorce?

If Sarah's tiara is her personal property, and it seems that the Queen purchased it for her at the time of the wedding, she would not have returned it after the divorce.

I think we will see the tiara on the girls when they get married. Not sure about Sarah's other jewelry some of it would have been borrowed others gifts. Neither girl seems that interested in jewels I don't even think they have their ears pierced. I do like Sarah's tiara much more then Sophie's or Catherines. There really aren't a lot of places you can wear one these days.

The tiara and the diamond parure were both wedding gifts purchased by The Queen and do not belong to the royal collection. Sarah retained them as her personal property after the divorce.

I always thought Sarah's tiara is one really beautiful piece, although perhaps best-suited for younger women.
Personally, I always preferred it to the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara - Diana's tiara of choice.

The Duchess of York's Tiara.

Oh, that IS lovely!

Thank you. I figured that if she still had them, they were not from the Queen's goodies.

I think we will see the tiara on the girls when they get married. Not sure about Sarah's other jewelry some of it would have been borrowed others gifts. Neither girl seems that interested in jewels I don't even think they have their ears pierced. I do like Sarah's tiara much more then Sophie's or Catherines. There really aren't a lot of places you can wear one these days.
If you look closely at pictures, Princess Eugenie has pierced ears while Princess Beatrice does not.

I couldn't remember if it was just one or both. I wonder why most girls these days have their ears pierced. Sarah has some really lovely earrings too.

These are sapphires and they were borrowed from a jeweller for the evening.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Any source for this? I know she borrowed a lot of bling - but, just asking.

If you google the official engagement photographs you will find the details

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't remember seeing many of these pieces before. Thanks for sharing. :flowers:

When was the last time that Sarah used tiara?

I would expect somewhere about 1991 or 1992 - her last state occasion before the separation.

I still think Sarah's tiara is one of the most beautiful in the BRF. Love the flower scroll work in it.

Back
Top Bottom