The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Once again, I love tutti-frutti. I keep hinting to hubby that I need a piece, but the price of a quality piece remains a pesky little sore point for him.
The photo of bandeau/tiara which Warren posted is, regrettably, not displaying the piece to its best advantage, the V&A museum is not displaying it terribly well. However, it is interesting to note that the piece is considered to be important enough that it can't leave the country.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Administrator

For those who may have missed it, the Mountbatten tutti frutti tiara can be seen in a video link posted here.
If you're not interested in tutti frutti, the video also shows lots of DIAMONDS and other glittering trinkets.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Could someone find a picture of the crown of the recently deposed King of Nepal.
Oh Thomas, sigh, rather than taking the thread off-topic, why don't you explore the Crowns thread in this very forum?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Holy Schnikies! That collar looks totally like something Cleopatra would wear, or her alter ego La Liz!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Courtier

The Monaco tutti frutti:
Caroline von Monaco | Schmuck der Grimaldi Familie - Tutti-Frutti Collier
Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Not Monaco but the Daisy Fellowes necklace borrowed from Cartier. See here.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Courtier

Excuse me!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Not Monaco but the Daisy Fellowes necklace borrowed from Cartier. See here.
ho my god ! the neclace is fantastic !!!i like this type on juwel!
maxima was wering a tuti fruti neclace in her hasband s 40 birthday , she was wonderful to
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't care where it comes from but shoot me please someone because that necklace and those earrings look fabulous on Caroline!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Marg, well said!!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't care where it comes from but shoot me please someone because that necklace and those earrings look fabulous on Caroline!
LOL Why shoot you? LOL She truly looks fabulous and I love it.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

The carved emerald drop earrings are unbelievable! And, the collar necklace, well, it's nothing less than art, in my opinion.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
The carved emerald drop earrings are unbelievable! And, the collar necklace, well, it's nothing less than art, in my opinion.
I adore the earrings. They are absolutely magnificent. I never realised that carved gems could be as wonderful as cut ones. Ah well, you live and you learn and I have to say that in general my opinion of tutti frutti is open to change.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Oh Warren, Most Noble and patient, you have somewhat missed the point. The crown of the now unfortunately deposted King of Nepal, another one of those countries that have gone off the deep end and is now one of those ghastly republics, is actually a tutti-frutti crown. It is really quite something, not my taste exactly but really unforgetable. I understand the good King has not handed the bauble over to the vile Marxist Maoist crazies who have now gained power in that benighted country and who are no doubt salivating over the prospect of getting their grubby hands upon it. The funds for the sale of which, etc will according to a well rehursed script disapprear into some comrades/revolutionaries Swiss bank accounts. Cheers.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
The crown of the now unfortunately deposted King of Nepal...is actually a tutti-frutti crown.
Though it pains me greatly to enter into public disagreement with you Thomas I feel duty bound to advise that the Nepalese Royal Crown is a product of the 1960s, commissioned by King Mahendra from the remnants of a much older crown. Although cabochon and carved emeralds may be elements of a tutti frutti design, they are not in themselves "tutti frutti", just as the Cambridge Emeralds are not tutti frutti.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

New Tutti Frutti or old, the thing is a fright!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Oh that feels so much better. Yes, yes, yes! It really is really ugly. :w00t2:

I'm back in the zone. The hamster is back on the wheel. Tutti Frutti is ugly and Princess Caroline's pieces are truely the only exception to the rule.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Courtier

very, Well, Oh MN Warren, I defer to your wisdom in these matters. It is then New Tutti Frutti, which sounds even more fun than Old Tutti Frutti, after all Ms Madonna Johnson in her New Tutti Frutti diamond, emerald, turquoise, black pearl, ruby, and yellow sapphire ensemble sounds soOOOOO much better than Ms. MJ in her OLd 1920's Tutti Frutti ensemble bought at auction from the estate of the late bankrupt duke of Nonsense now doesn't it. My only comment is that I just love crowns, no matter how tacky as long as the gemstones and metal are real and not automobile plate glass and gold paint. The crown of Nepal was and is such a wacky contraption with all those dangling sapphires, and I just love sapphires, that I have had to go out and make a fool of myself over it. But the Nepal situation is a compelling argument, as if anyone here needs one, for the virtues of a constitutional monarchy, crowns, jewels and the whole nine yards. cheers.

Ps. Those are sapphires aren't they or have I just gone not only bonkers but blind as a bat as well. I have GOT to get back on the chocolate. Like the Koala bear and his eucalyptus, I just cannot function with out it. Gasp!!!! They are Emeralds. Oh No. Cheers.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Agreed. It is so tacky. The jewels would be beautiful on their own, but together, they do not work.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Commoner

I rather like the tutti-frutti jewelry. With the appropriate outfit, I think they are magnificent.

I think you would get more use from a simpler jewel. As Tim Gunn would say, "That's a lot of look."

Tags
jewellery, tutti frutti