Royal Tutti Frutti

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am new to this site, but am also a huge fan of tutti fruitti. Leave it
to Princess Maxima to pull it off beautifully last fall. I know its not a look
that anyone could or would want to wear. But as usual,:)she wears her
jewels, they dont wear her!! SO glad to be here with you all!

No, Russ, dear heart, you are not a vulgarite. You just have rather exhuberant taste. And sometimes we all slip upon the great banana peel of life. Take my sick obsesssion with chocolate. To which I have recently added roses. I have discovered that I am besotted with them. I have decided to come out of the closet and declare to all and sundry that I am a florasexual. Unfortunatey it turns out that I am also the BLACK THUMB OF DEATH. My roses are all dying of black spot or the mange or some such. At least you cannot up and kill Tutti Frutti, unless of course you take a sledge hammer to it. Cheers.

No, Russ, dear heart, you are not a vulgarite. You just have rather exhuberant taste. And sometimes we all slip upon the great banana peel of life. Take my sick obsesssion with chocolate. To which I have recently added roses. I have discovered that I am besotted with them. I have decided to come out of the closet and declare to all and sundry that I am a florasexual. Unfortunatey it turns out that I am also the BLACK THUMB OF DEATH. My roses are all dying of black spot or the mange or some such. At least you cannot up and kill Tutti Frutti, unless of course you take a sledge hammer to it. Cheers.
Oh Honey! Roses are such a beech to grow! I take care of my MIL's and she has full sun, which they love, and constant trimming. Otherwise no pesticides. I won't have any in my garden they would drive me NUTS!
But if you're ever in Oregon, let me know and I'll take you to the Rose Test Garden International Rose Test Garden | Portland's Rose Gardens and Rose Garden Store
and you can get your fill. :flowers:

Now, other than on-line, does anybody do any Tutti Fruitti anymore? Or is it by request only? Looks like Cartier has the market on the piece.
(Some will say thank God to that! :D )

Yes, to Russophile. Some firms out of India are doing copies of the Cartier
Tutti Fruitti, of course they use much inferior stones but that makes them
more affordable to us. They are still very expensive and nobody does it like
the old firms do!!

Has anybody considered automobile cut glass??? Perhaps we could call up
Queen Margarethe and have her contribute the Poppy outer space horror show to be turned into a poppy outer space horror tutti frutti. The Queen Sonya could throw in the tourmaline cough drop from her own ghastly horror and we really would have a show. Cheers.
PS
Now if this gets past the Powers that Be without a wrack on the knuckles I will have nine lives indeed.

That is hideous. I despise carved gemstones. The whole point is the lustre and brilliance you get from light refracting within the crystal. Carving them destroys that.

So sorry friends. I think it is magnificent!!!!!!!!! but I guess life would be very boring if we all liked the same thing. Thanks for the picture Warren!!!

The gemstones are magnificent, dazzling but the whole ensemble just does not work. Of course this is Indian style. Could someone find a picture of the crown of the recently deposed King of Nepal. What a disaster!! But the crown is most magnificent. Cheers.

Once again, I love tutti-frutti. I keep hinting to hubby that I need a piece, but the price of a quality piece remains a pesky little sore point for him.
The photo of bandeau/tiara which Warren posted is, regrettably, not displaying the piece to its best advantage, the V&A museum is not displaying it terribly well. However, it is interesting to note that the piece is considered to be important enough that it can't leave the country.

For those who may have missed it, the Mountbatten tutti frutti tiara can be seen in a video link posted here.
If you're not interested in tutti frutti, the video also shows lots of DIAMONDS and other glittering trinkets.

Could someone find a picture of the crown of the recently deposed King of Nepal.
Oh Thomas, sigh, rather than taking the thread off-topic, why don't you explore the Crowns thread in this very forum?

Holy Schnikies! :eek: That collar looks totally like something Cleopatra would wear, or her alter ego La Liz!

Not Monaco but the Daisy Fellowes necklace borrowed from Cartier. See here.

Excuse me!

Not Monaco but the Daisy Fellowes necklace borrowed from Cartier. See here.
ho my god ! the neclace is fantastic !!!i like this type on juwel!
maxima was wering a tuti fruti neclace in her hasband s 40 birthday , she was wonderful to

I don't care where it comes from but shoot me please someone because that necklace and those earrings look fabulous on Caroline! :eek:

Marg, well said!!!!!

I don't care where it comes from but shoot me please someone because that necklace and those earrings look fabulous on Caroline! :eek:
LOL Why shoot you? LOL She truly looks fabulous and I love it.

The carved emerald drop earrings are unbelievable! And, the collar necklace, well, it's nothing less than art, in my opinion.

The carved emerald drop earrings are unbelievable! And, the collar necklace, well, it's nothing less than art, in my opinion.
I adore the earrings. They are absolutely magnificent. I never realised that carved gems could be as wonderful as cut ones. Ah well, you live and you learn and I have to say that in general my opinion of tutti frutti is open to change.:ohmy:

Oh Warren, Most Noble and patient, you have somewhat missed the point. The crown of the now unfortunately deposted King of Nepal, another one of those countries that have gone off the deep end and is now one of those ghastly republics, is actually a tutti-frutti crown. It is really quite something, not my taste exactly but really unforgetable. I understand the good King has not handed the bauble over to the vile Marxist Maoist crazies who have now gained power in that benighted country and who are no doubt salivating over the prospect of getting their grubby hands upon it. The funds for the sale of which, etc will according to a well rehursed script disapprear into some comrades/revolutionaries Swiss bank accounts. Cheers.

Last edited:
The crown of the now unfortunately deposted King of Nepal...is actually a tutti-frutti crown.
Though it pains me greatly to enter into public disagreement with you Thomas I feel duty bound to advise that the Nepalese Royal Crown is a product of the 1960s, commissioned by King Mahendra from the remnants of a much older crown. Although cabochon and carved emeralds may be elements of a tutti frutti design, they are not in themselves "tutti frutti", just as the Cambridge Emeralds are not tutti frutti.

New Tutti Frutti or old, the thing is a fright! :eek:

New Tutti Frutti or old, the thing is a fright! :eek:
Oh that feels so much better. Yes, yes, yes! It really is really ugly. :w00t2:

I'm back in the zone. The hamster is back on the wheel. Tutti Frutti is ugly and Princess Caroline's pieces are truely the only exception to the rule. :hamster:

very, Well, Oh MN Warren, I defer to your wisdom in these matters. It is then New Tutti Frutti, which sounds even more fun than Old Tutti Frutti, after all Ms Madonna Johnson in her New Tutti Frutti diamond, emerald, turquoise, black pearl, ruby, and yellow sapphire ensemble sounds soOOOOO much better than Ms. MJ in her OLd 1920's Tutti Frutti ensemble bought at auction from the estate of the late bankrupt duke of Nonsense now doesn't it. My only comment is that I just love crowns, no matter how tacky as long as the gemstones and metal are real and not automobile plate glass and gold paint. The crown of Nepal was and is such a wacky contraption with all those dangling sapphires, and I just love sapphires, that I have had to go out and make a fool of myself over it. But the Nepal situation is a compelling argument, as if anyone here needs one, for the virtues of a constitutional monarchy, crowns, jewels and the whole nine yards. cheers.

Ps. Those are sapphires aren't they or have I just gone not only bonkers but blind as a bat as well. I have GOT to get back on the chocolate. Like the Koala bear and his eucalyptus, I just cannot function with out it. Gasp!!!! They are Emeralds. Oh No. Cheers.

Last edited:
I rather like the tutti-frutti jewelry. With the appropriate outfit, I think they are magnificent.

I think you would get more use from a simpler jewel. As Tim Gunn would say, "That's a lot of look."

Back
Top Bottom